Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 10:55   #7096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpripr View Post
As per today's TOI report, his body was fished out today.

Aditya's body fished out - The Times of India
Sad! This means the body must have came out/found around the time I was asking the guys still searching there in the morning yesterday. Never drink and drive like this. Cant imagine what his parents must be going thru.

Last edited by Ketan : 19th November 2010 at 10:56.
Old 21st November 2010, 11:31   #7097
BANNED

Another accident on E way Pune - Mumbai

Buffalo Vs Captiva

On September 18, 2010, Pune Mirror carried a report on the grazing cattle, bikers and pedestrians which cause mishaps on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Yet another accident took place on Thursday night, this time caused by a buffalo crossing the road.
Kishore Chobhe, a businessman and six of his friends were travelling from Vashi, Mumbai to Pune in his Chevrolet Captiva (MH 16 AJ 3491) via the Eway. They left from Vashi at around 11.00 pm at night and were travelling at a speed of 80-90km/hr. According to Kishore, “On 18 Nov 2010, around 12.00am we crossed the Khalapur Toll Plaza, and two kms from the toll plaza, a black buffalo was crossing the road. Since the road was dark, the buffalo was not visible at all. We dashed into it and fortunately, there were no other vehicles around. Our driver managed to regain control over the car pretty quickly, so luckily we survived, with minor bruises. Unfortunately, the buffalo did not survive.” After the accident, Kishore tried getting in touch with the highway helpline but he could not get through to them. Kishore and his companions then walked to the Khalapur Toll Plaza and informed the officials on duty about the accident. After that, Kishore hired a vehicle and came back to Pune. The next day, he got in touch with the Patrolling Team and picked up his car at 11.00 am on 19 nov 2010. “It was a new vehicle. The collision was such a terrible one, that when I took the vehicle to the showroom to repair it, the expenditure quoted was around Rs three lakh, and the estimated time for repair, three months. The accident was completely unexpected, as we could have never predicted that a buffalo would cross our path on the E-way.” He said.
When Pune Mirror got in touch with the Expressway control room in-charge, Rohidas Jagtap, he said, “There is fencing on the E-way which has been broken by the residents of nearby villages. We have started taking strict actions against these villagers. When we come to know about any vandalism, we report it to that particular police station and action is taken by them. We repair and rebuild the fences which are broken. Various meetings are conducted and several written applications submitted to the senior officials in this regard. The number of vandalism incidents has definitely reduced, compared to before, as strict action is being taken against these villagers.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bufalo.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv.jpg  

Old 21st November 2010, 16:17   #7098

CRUZED, atlast!

Saw these pics on my friend's FB album. This accident happened on AC road(Alappuzha-Changanassery).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-74803_1666270226375_1525874326_31603221_1875672_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-77127_1666270586384_1525874326_31603223_2664453_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-73993_1666270826390_1525874326_31603224_5403980_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-155255_1666270306377_1525874326_31603222_5026912_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-149796_1666269746363_1525874326_31603218_5514242_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-148508_1666271106397_1525874326_31603225_3141990_n.jpg
Old 21st November 2010, 16:42   #7099
BHPian

I guess this is a Cruze, for the suspension beams to be lying outside means its must have been quite a high speed accident,

Any idea how it happened ? The passenger shell seems to be quite safe, im guessing the inmates must have survived ?
Old 21st November 2010, 20:39   #7100
Senior - BHPian

Friday night I was on my way to Belum caves. It is 80 kms from Ananthapur. Just around 10-20kms to Ananthpur, at around 2AM in night I saw a KSRTC bus that had fallen into a ditch. There were a couple of ambulances and a couple of buses parked and looked like the passengers of the fallen bus was taken care of. Couldnt see which bus it was (either a Rajahamsa or a Airavatha). I feel the driver dozed off and drove into the ditch. The bus was still lying there when I returned on Sunday morning 2 AM.

Do anyone know anything about this accident? I hope no one were badly injured in the accident.
Old 21st November 2010, 20:51   #7101
Senior - BHPian

Late last night, around 1 am, saw this Logan that had smashed into a post on the flyover near E-Square in Pune. The accident occured on flyover heading towards Aundh, at the turn off to Baner. It was like the driver was not sure if he wanted to go left or straight and went straight into the post. The car was quite badly damaged and when i was passing through the ambulance was just leaving. The passenger cabin was intact though, so i'm sure there were only injuries and nothing serious.
Old 21st November 2010, 22:10   #7102
BHPian

I live at Mumbai Andheri East where construction for Metro is going on. Wherever, a station is going to come, ADAG have constructed speed breakers. I wanted to cross the road (walking) and hence stood 1.5 feet away from the end of speed breakers. The two wheeler morons without reducing speed came beside where the speed breakers ended and squeezed me still behind. Till the traffic ended, I took a step forward and stood at the end of the speed breaker and signaled to all the two wheelers to go through the speed breakers. I got some jeering from these guys and I have them back happily. GOD save these guys!!! Accidents bound to happen.
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:54   #7103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ford Endeavour driver lost control. Veered off the expressway, broke the boundary walls and jumped below

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpeg

Quote:
Navi Mumbai: Five members of a marriage party were killed and one person was injured in an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway near Panvel early on Sunday when their vehicle went out of control and broke through the cemented side wall, plunging into the water below.

Navi Mumbai police said that the accident could have possibly occurred due to a tyre-burst or because the driver momentarily lost his concentration on the Expressway bridge in the pre-dawn hour.

All the five deceased were related to each other and belonged to a family of jewellers in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. ‘‘The victims were travelling in a jeep (registration number: GJ 1 JC 9685) to go to Sangli via the Expressway to attend a wedding there, scheduled for November 23. The injured man, Pandurang Pawar, has been admitted to a local hospital in Panvel,’’ said an official.

Incidentally, the marriage party was travelling in two vehicles from Gujarat to Sangli. While the first vehicle safely crossed over the bridge near Chikhalgaon, the second vehicle met with the tragic accident. ‘‘The jeep was travelling at a high speed, and broke through the strong RCC fencing of the bridge ,’’ said the official.
Source : Times of India
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:06   #7104
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour a jeep? What is with these journalists? Can't the spot the difference? You don't have to be an auto-enthusiast to tell 'em apart. And this by TOI journalist, an esteemed English daily, not by some vernacular jurno. Here in AP, vernacular Telugu press report many MUV mishaps as Sumo accident. Qualis, Scorpio, Safari accidents are reported as "Sumo accident."
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:14   #7105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Endeavour a jeep? What is with these journalists? Can't the spot the difference? You don't have to be an auto-enthusiast to tell 'em apart. And this by TOI journalist, an esteemed English daily, not by some vernacular jurno. Here in AP, vernacular Telugu press report many MUV mishaps as Sumo accident. Qualis, Scorpio, Safari accidents are reported as "Sumo accident."
Unfortunate - five persons losing their lives!By seeing the pictures I thought that the rear seat passengers may have been injured as the Endeavour has tried to stay intact from the B pillar onwards, notwithstanding the frontal daamge.
And to add to the Jeep and Sumo saga, the Tata 407, Eicher and other mini trucks are clubbed together as Matadors.
Three wheelers are termed "tempos".
Articulated 8 plus wheeled trucks are termed truck-trailers!
And Activas are reported as scooterettes!
Mopeds are reported as Lunas.
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:22   #7106
Senior - BHPian

Accident in Ooty Ghats...

Folks, here is a pic of a burnt vehicle captured in Ooty ghats, en route to Mettupalayam. This pic was captured by my wifey after a lot of acrobatics, as we were right near a hairpin curve! This incident happened some months back!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-burnt_vehicle.jpg

Frankly speaking, this vehicle reminded me of a bombed out vehicle we see in World War 2 movies!!!
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:26   #7107
Senior - BHPian

I think it's a Tempo Traveler.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:50   #7108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Folks, here is a pic of a burnt vehicle captured in Ooty ghats, en route to Mettupalayam. This pic was captured by my wifey after a lot of acrobatics, as we were right near a hairpin curve! This incident happened some months back!
An accident happened in GHAT section and scrap laying there from few months!! No one is taking care that this scrap might invite another accident?

By the condition of vehicle, the owner is defiantly not interested to take it. But what police is doing?
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:37   #7109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
An accident happened in GHAT section and scrap laying there from few months!! No one is taking care that this scrap might invite another accident?

By the condition of vehicle, the owner is defiantly not interested to take it. But what police is doing?
Dude!! Please don't get so excited! I think the Chevy_lover is trying to say that the incident happened few months back & the photo is also probably near date to it!
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:02   #7110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Unfortunate - five persons losing their lives!By seeing the pictures I thought that the rear seat passengers may have been injured as the Endeavour has tried to stay intact from the B pillar onwards, notwithstanding the frontal daamge.

Looks like a case of not wearing seatbelts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks