Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 09:54   #1636
Senior - BHPian

That Manoj bharadwaj guy unless connected well in the political circles might have horrendous times ahead!! (not related to whose fault it is!)
Old 13th February 2009, 10:53   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
This was in today's TOI. DCP's car collided head on with an IKON.
For me a car like Amby and in this condition is too bad
Old 13th February 2009, 10:58   #1638
Team-BHP Support

So they register case against ikon driver. Well it was expected, they won't register a case against themselves, will they?
Old 13th February 2009, 11:04   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripperGH View Post
Here's an accident from Besant Nagar in Chennai. Right after the Theosophical Society. This is my car that caught on fire due to an engine fault probably, there's no way of knowing since it's so badly burned. If you can name what car this is I'll be thoroughly impressed. The Police Commissioner thought it was an Accent upon first arriving.

-DT
Its a Ford Fiesta. Tell us more about the incident.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:07   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
That Manoj bharadwaj guy unless connected well in the political circles might have horrendous times ahead!! (not related to whose fault it is!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So they register case against ikon driver. Well it was expected, they won't register a case against themselves, will they?
Here is an opportunity for the DCP to give a faithful account of the situation and admit that perhaps his driver was trying to overtake the bus and was on the wrong side of the road.
If he can muster the courage/integrity to do that, he'll help change the public's perception of the police department.

Will he do it? Or can we safely write off Manoj Bharadwaj?!

And one more question comes to mind: How many of the people were wearing seat belts? I think I know the answer!
Another thing folks: The Ambassador seems to have just as well as the Ikon in terms of crumple zones!
Old 13th February 2009, 11:13   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
For me a car like Amby and in this condition is too bad
Looking at the conditions of both the cars and for a Ambassador to be in such a condition it is a high speed collision.

The case needs to be booked on both drivers who ever it is, if there is any speed limits on that road.

Last edited by gowda79 : 13th February 2009 at 11:15.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:33   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Will he do it? Or can we safely write off Manoj Bharadwaj?!
LOL, no prizes for guessing this one correctly
Old 13th February 2009, 12:45   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Look at the door where the door handle is supposed to be that is a Fiesta and not Ikon which has the classic pull handles as the Fiesta has the pull type which is now more prevelant as a design choice
Old 13th February 2009, 12:52   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripperGH View Post
Here's an accident from Besant Nagar in Chennai. Right after the Theosophical Society. This is my car that caught on fire due to an engine fault probably, there's no way of knowing since it's so badly burned. If you can name what car this is I'll be thoroughly impressed. The Police Commissioner thought it was an Accent upon first arriving.

-DT
Is'nt it an accord guys? the headlights the alloy the width of the car all suggest this.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 13th February 2009 at 12:59.
Old 13th February 2009, 17:24   #1645
Senior - BHPian

I feel its a Ikon in the chennai pic. Never seen a car burned to such an extent.
As for Manoj the guy is doomed. A policeman and that too a DCP accepting his or his driver's mistake. NA,Never!
Old 13th February 2009, 17:31   #1646
Senior - BHPian

The Besant Nagar car is a Ford Fiesta. The user has posted more details about the incident on another thread (why Indians are tolerant one).
Old 13th February 2009, 18:16   #1647
Senior - BHPian

It looks like an Accord at first instance. But I would go with FORD IKON here
Old 13th February 2009, 18:28   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
It looks like an Accord at first instance. But I would go with FORD IKON here
It is a Ford Fiesta for sure. A 2006 Diesel one to boot!

Proof here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1169604-post5.html
Old 14th February 2009, 08:04   #1649
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is : God help Manoj Bhardwaj.
DCP is not going to admit the mistake of his driver, I am sure for this and life of Manoj Bhardwaj will never be good. He will end up doing chakkar of court, police station etc. It looks like no body can drive in Delhi anymore.

If Manoj Bhardwaj had taken some photographs from the scene, he still has a chance of proving others wrong.

Talking of the accident, the Ambassador's body shell is affected. Ikon took it well.
Old 14th February 2009, 08:44   #1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I remember seeing this car a few minutes after this happened. And had actually posted the same on this thread. There were too many cops/fire fighters around to stop and take pics that day.

So did you file a case against Ford India ? Or was your car modded ?

No, we didn't register a case against Ford India. We had full insurance on it the vehicle so it really did not seem worth the trouble of going through our justice system and waiting for five years for a verdict so we just left it. The only thing that was modded was the ICE but no engine mods or anything. We got in contact with Ford to let them know about the incident just in case they wanted to see it from an R&D point of view, but no news has been heard from them. Let's just hope that it won't take another Ford car for their eyes to open =\.

As for another user asking for more details there really aren't anymore details. The engine is so badly burned that it looks nearly impossible to decipher what actually happened. I presume that it must be an engine fault. The temperature gauge read normal, the lights and ICE were working fine while the engine was smoking and the car was running. So it really does just seem quite like a freak accident. Everyone inside the car [including myself] are safe, not one person had even a scratch which is quite lucky in my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks