Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 21:40   #17386
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Just got this off a friends FB page, he was travelling in a cab somewhere in Uttarakhand. Not sure about the details as he din't post any.

The guys got away with small bruises.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10309133_928176737222778_5792587819737148477_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11064693_928175360556249_7520601591502479524_n.jpg  

Artem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 22:15   #17387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
According to the news story, the driver survived. Call him The Luckiest Indian Alive! See pic 5.
Yes, he is really lucky to come out alive, from this accident.

And here is another very similar accident in which the driver came out alive, this happened in Los Angeles, CA

arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 00:29   #17388
BHPian

I just passed by an accident on the KBR park road near Jubilee Hills checkpost. A gold OHC (1st gen Honda City) had climbed on to the left side sidewalk and was facing in the opposite direction. I couldn't see anything else due to the crowd but it may have been bad because there was an ambulance.

It may have been a VTEC from the looks of the spoiler. Does anyone have more details?
Old 15th March 2015, 12:09   #17389
Senior - BHPian

Newspapers report that 68 valuable lives perished in the last week alone on Kerala roads.
Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 14:49   #17390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Based on the photo there is not much damage on the driver's side when compared to co-driver side. That means the driver had not worn seatbelts while the ladies did?
The left corner of Rear part of the truck has intruded into the Driver area. This must have hit the drivers head. The seat belt would not have been of any use here IMO
Old 16th March 2015, 10:57   #17391
BHPian

Quote:
According to the news story, the driver survived. Call him The Luckiest Indian Alive!
It just shows how the biggest factor in a car crash is luck. People who think they are driving a 50 lakh rupee car are safe, should think again. Just because a car has 5 star rating doesn't mean it'll save you during a crash. The only thing that can save you from a crash is you. Drive safe, and don't rely on your cars crumple zones or airbags to give you a new lease of life.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th March 2015 at 15:02. Reason: Removing images from quote :)
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 11:26   #17392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Just got this off a friends FB page, he was travelling in a cab somewhere in Uttarakhand. Not sure about the details as he din't post any.

The guys got away with small bruises.
Looks to me that the driver took the curve too fast and hit the side of the road (vegetation, soil, etc.) causing the car to flip over.

Faint tire marks point to this hypothesis. I may be wrong though.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 12:53   #17393
BHPian

I received this on whatsapp from my cousin. This happened on NH222 at a place near Otur village. Poor cattle had to pay for its life for somebody else's fault. No idea about the human casulaties. Looks like the car hit the road side tree head on, where the cattle was tied.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150315wa0009.jpg  

mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 14:11   #17394

So glad to actually hear that the driver of that squashed Maruti survived. I was driving back from a friends place in the morning when I spotted the car. It was still there that evening. If people want better pics, I can try taking pics of it when I drive by tomorrow.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150312_125354.jpg
m_bystandard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 14:18   #17395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
No idea about the human casulaties. Looks like the car hit the road side tree head on, where the cattle was tied.
The hit does not look to have caused due to hitting a tree, in that case cattle would have got sandwiched between car and tree instead of getting thrown inside.

Yes, poor animal. However, there been instances of cattle owners pushing old cattle in front of cars to extort money. Also, cattle owner should not have left the animal on road putting life of road users in danger.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 15:40   #17396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bystandard View Post
So glad to actually hear that the driver of that squashed Maruti survived. I was driving back from a friends place in the morning when I spotted the car. It was still there that evening. If people want better pics, I can try taking pics of it when I drive by tomorrow.
The pic is fine. I don't know why people get embarrassed by perfectly good photographs: nobody sets up studio situations for candid street pics, and very often the mobile is the only "camera" to hand and we are lucky to have photos at all! Message to everyone: don't feel bad about your on-the-spot pics!

In fact this pic is a classic. It deserves some sort of sticky status, except such a thing is not possible.

It was stunning enough to see the car with the container on top of it, but to see it now, or rather, what little is left of it, is even more dramatic.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 15:53   #17397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to the news story, the driver survived. Call him The Luckiest Indian Alive! See pic 6.

source / additional pic
This happened very close to where I live. I usually pass by this exact junction every day on my way to work. I did get to see the aftermath. Police personnel everywhere directing traffic. The lucky guy sitting there drenched in blood but talking on his cellphone with someone.

There's a small crossroads called Hebatpur Circle which is right after the Sola over bridge. That is where this trailer overturned - not ON Sola over bridge per se. Looks like the trailer guy saw the Maruti at the very last instant and in an attempt to maneuver away from the car, he lost control and the trailer fell on the side and the unlucky car got right beneath it. Wrong place, wrong timing. I am assuming something like this happened by a quick glance of the actual site.

The Sola over bridge is notorious for tailgating and the junction right after it makes it even more vulnerable to accidents. AFAIK, two people have already died here and many many people have either been injured or been involved in accidents on the bridge or at this junction.

This place is now being patrolled by the police quite frequently.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 16th March 2015 at 15:55.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 19:16   #17398
BHPian

I saw this on my way to work. The 800's headlights were at a height just above my ankle. It seems that the Truck was trundling along the Sarkhej Gandhinagar highway when he had to swerve. The trailor started to jackknife and its left wheels went up in the air but did not come back down. Instead it toppled over (Same thing happened a few months at the nearby Sola circle a with a truck carrying LPG cylinders. All the cylinders fell on the ground below the bridge and a few of them also exploded on impact). Back to topic- As soon as this trailer started to topple over, the driver of the M800 alongside it who was alone in the car braked. Before the car could come to a standstill he jumped out on the road at around a speed of 15-20 km/hr. The injuries and abrasions are due to him being dragged along the road. He was never in his car when this happened. Good presence of mind I must say. I think I would have frozen and become an omlette.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 16th March 2015 at 19:21. Reason: additions
rahul4321 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 20:07   #17399
Distinguished - BHPian

You might have just hit on one of those rare occasions when seatbelts don't help!

Thanks. Great story telling with a lovely punchline! Super fast reactions from that guy who saved his own life. I too would have become an omelet
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 00:18   #17400
BHPian

The driver probably wasn't wearing a seat belt, and I bet his doors were unlocked too. Not following safety precautions actually saved his life!
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks