Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 11:35   #35131
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
This.

It is a sad, sad event and the driver must face the consequences for her actions.
I don’t want to judge the driver without seeing even a CCTV footage of the incident. For all we know, it was an accident which was disproportionately bad for the rider. There are just so many scenarios of why and how it could have happened and I don’t want to be the person judging another without atleast bare minimum evidence. Hope the law does its job by actually investigating and not going with regular ‘finding’ of the bigger vehicle at fault. I sincerely say this as a rider first, driver next.
Yieldway17 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:30   #35132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I don’t want to judge the driver... Hope the law does its job by actually investigating and not going with regular ‘finding’ of the bigger vehicle at fault. I sincerely say this as a rider first, driver next.
I agree with that and now that I read my own post, it does come across like I have already presumed guilt. Just clarifying that I haven't. We don't know exactly how the accident happened, yet. What I meant was that one person has paid for it with his life and the other will anyway be subject to suffering, to varying degrees, depending on whose fault the accident was.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 14:48   #35133

A hot Sunday afternoon is generally a time for a comfortable siesta in the company of an air conditioner / air cooler.

For some - the empty roads are, at times, a fatal attraction!

A Tata Tigor EV, in the hands of a young man who has hardly spent 16 summers on the 3rd rock, decided that it would utilize the open, empty road to push its limits.

Sadly, it was unaware of the contours of the road, and the fact that not only did the road curve rather sharply to the left, there was, in its path, a rather wide road divider - perhaps to protect oncoming traffic from the Tigor - or simply to spit the road in two.

End result, at a speed that would have embarrassed the Hyperloop, the Tigor followed a couple of Newton's laws and ended up straddling the divider much to the shock and chagrin of the driver.

In a testament to the renowned Tata build quality - the only damage was to the front bumper and the grill. I'm sure the bottom would have gotten rather scraped - but once retrieved, the car went home on its own steam.

The driver and his cohorts - slightly shaken by the experience. But thankfully suffered no visible physical injuries.

One is grateful that there were no fatalities - involving the driver and his companions or other road users.

Whom would you hold responsible for this?

Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20220424_181337.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20220424_181338.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20220424_181339.jpg  

AttyBhai is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 17:34   #35134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post

Innova and KSRTC collision near Sathanur. Apparently, the Innova driver dozed off as he's driving from Udupi.
This was bad accident. I passed by the scene probably couple of minutes after it happened.
I was on a motorcycle ride to MM Hills and Mettur and return to Bangalore and had left home around 5am. I stopped for a break just couple of kms before this spot and saw the KSRTC bus passing by. This road is one road I am always afraid to ride on because of it being un-divided, well paved and with some stretches being winding. This was a straight stretch and I guessed that the driver had fallen asleep when I saw the bus on the left lane and the Innova on the right side facing the same direction as the bus. It looked like the Innova probably gained speed as well as it was a long slope from were it approached and spun around after hitting the bus. It was obvious they were thrown out of the window. Shows how important belting up and a child seat is. Sadly I saw the bodies on the road of the mother and infant. The infant was in bad shape and that affected me for a while. Said a prayer and hoped that both mother and child are together now and continued my ride as people were gathering and helping already. I saw the driver/conductor on the phone as well, probably reporting it.

Unfortunate for them, Kanakapura was just another 20 kms from that spot, which according to the news article is where they were heading.

Last edited by tharian : 8th May 2022 at 17:40.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 14:12   #35135
BHPian

This happened in Nepal with a colleague's car. He was driving Seltos. The driver of Alto was a teacher at driving school.

amitjha086 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 14:36   #35136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
The driver of Alto was a teacher at driving school.
There is no hope for the future.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:51   #35137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This happened in Nepal with a colleague's car. He was driving Seltos. The driver of Alto was a teacher at driving school.

https://Youtu.be/3tY4adoFKYU
If the teacher is like this, cant imagine his students
sunikkat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 00:03   #35138
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/3tY4adoFKYU
There is a driving school in my neighborhood with whom I talked to, to get driving lessons for my mother. Two days before her lessons were scheduled, I saw their car jump a signal, not once but 3 in a row. The instructor was egging the learner to jump if traffic was less.
I went to their office immediately, complained to the owner and told them if I ever saw them doing this again, I will report to the traffic cell as I have the videos from my dashcam. I also cancelled the lessons for my mother from them.
If the teachers themselves falter at the learning stages, how will their students fare when let loose in the world?
88_TANK_88 is online now   (36) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 11:40   #35139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Happened on a flyover in Paschim Vihar, from the looks of it the women must have been driving at quite a high speed.
I have travelled on the same road at almost all timings and it looks like a busy day I don't understand why was she speeding.
In my view the sensationalism of a guy being thrown of the bridge as shown in the video damns the driver more than the accident itself. The gentleman yelling that the driver "has killed a person and saying sorry" is just adding fuel to the fire. Nowadays everyone is an Arnab without verifying what might have actually happened and how to avoid it in the future. In My opinion, bridges must have retaining guarding to prevent people being thrown off willingly or otherwise. Whilst this may not prevent all deaths, it sure will minimise fatalities in this kind of scenario. Also, i'm seeing quite a lot of people sharing this video in social media and condemning women drivers in general. This is totally uncalled for given the fact that most of the two wheelers who drive, drive like maniacs without having a thought about their loved ones at home as if its the responsibility of the car/bus/auto driver to adjust to their suicidal tendencies.
Neil Roy is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 21:42   #35140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Happened on a flyover in Paschim Vihar, from the looks of it the women must have been driving at quite a high speed.
Quote:
These two accidents, like many other on this thread, are prime examples why dashcams are need of the day. Guilt or innocence can be easily established.

Particularly in first case, if any other road users might have had a dashcam, true story would have come out.

I bought dashcam 4 years back and it has recorded many serious and funny incidents. Last month got a dual channel dashcam as I observed that front cam is not able to capture full story.
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 00:14   #35141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
C'mon! This was just a one off case. Let's not judge the future based on a few nut jobs like this Crack head! It's better if we teach our own kids to drive than letting people of unknown temperament teach them. Stay happy!
boohooper is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 02:35   #35142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohooper View Post
C'mon! This was just a one off case. ...
A one-off case of the guy being found out to be a driving instructor!

Thanks, anyway, for the optimism
Old 13th May 2022, 08:11   #35143

Quote:
A one-off case of the guy being found out to be a driving instructor!

Thanks, anyway, for the optimism
My driving instructor (Mr.Saha) lowkey told me one day that in india when you are driving a car or riding a motorcycle remember " Whatever happens in front of your eyes you are responsible and whatever happens behind your eyes is not your responsibility. "
His logic was that how can a person be responsible for something that he couldn't see
The irony of his teaching lied in the fact that on the return trip to the Driving Institute a Thar cut us off abruptly in the middle. The driving instructor now hurled abuses and said who gave license to such a fellow. I guess it was someone taught by the driving instructor himself who followed MR. Saha's teaching to the core.
PRATAYA is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:20   #35144
BHPian

Quote:
Well atleast the guy had the courtesy to stop and address the problem. Of course there is no hope for our country though . Here people would just move on as if it wasn't their fault! Try accosting them, either they will either accuse you back or throw around their weight.

Out of curiosity, if readers of this forum try asking themselves, how many times have we been at fault and yet tried to defend our misgivings, how many do you think will agree. I believe good 70% of us will agree we have tried to defend our mistakes knowingly. Perhaps worth a poll ? .

Last edited by SR-71 : 13th May 2022 at 11:25.
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 14:01   #35145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATAYA View Post
My driving instructor (Mr.Saha) lowkey told me one day that in india when you are driving a car or riding a motorcycle remember " Whatever happens in front of your eyes you are responsible and whatever happens behind your eyes is not your responsibility. "
His logic was that how can a person be responsible for something that he couldn't see
Actually, what he said is the norm in fixing responsibility for collisions in the developed world. If you rear-end a car, the cops start with the assumption that you're at fault. This assumption is held true until the time evidence surfaces that the car in front braked unnecessarily (e.g., coming to a full stop abruptly just because you've missed a turn) or in a manner that was deliberate or unsafe (e.g., brake-checking in anger).

Think about it; it is every driver's duty to maintain safe braking distance from objects in the front. If a car in front of me has stopped to save the life of a kid who has run onto the road, I am bound to stop too. If you rear-end me, the law will hold you responsible for the collision 100%. (This last example actually happened with tragic consequences for a child in East Hartford, Connecticut, in 2015).
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks