Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2004, 06:33   #1
gTr
BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

These are a few accidents which I've come across in Mumbai. Seen the Maruti 800 burning in flames near Sion.

The Esteem was at Sai Service,Lower Parel, with the executives sayign its one of the major Esteem crashes they've come across. The vehicle slid beneath a moving truck and the results are to be seen. Both the guys luckily survived.

The Ford Ikon leaves a horrible picture in my mind - Gosh!

The Indica was on the Lower Parel Flyover (borrowed from MID-DAY). If you have come across any, please post pics on this thread.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3092.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2016 at 08:25. Reason: SMS language
gTr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 09:07   #2
zen
BHPian

That Ikon crash was just plain horrific. Cannot imagine the impact with which he hit the pole.

What is with Sion and burning cars? I saw a matiz light up there once too!
zen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 11:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

The ikon was horrific, I think it was cut into two to get at the bodies - the cut is too clean for an accident
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 11:12   #4
BHPian

No way that Ford "broke" into two. It was probably cut open for rescue operations. I wonder if the driver ever stood a chance !
Old 4th June 2004, 11:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Powerslave @ June 04 2004,09:42)]No way that Ford "broke" into two. It was probably cut open for rescue operations. I wonder if the driver ever stood a chance !
No dude. The Ikon actually did split up on impact. It was driven by a teenager who was just 16 or 17 and under influence of alcohol. He died on the spot. The car jumped over the divider and hit a pole on the opposite side at over 75mph (120km/h). The others in the car, including a girl were injured.
This happened last year at Worli Seaface and very close to the accident spot is a sign indicating a maximum speed limit of 31mph (50km/h).
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 13:23   #6
Team-BHP Support

the fact that the ikon broke in 2 probably saved the lives of some of the other passengers.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 13:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTR, those pics of the Ikon slip in 2...where did you get em from? Those are the same pics I had taken and then emailed to ppl. I was wondering how you got hold of em? Was it from a email spmeone sent to you?

Just curious, coz its wierd how things come a full circle! lol

Rtech
Rtech is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 13:55   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, that Ikon crash is probably the worst I have see yet on Indian roads. I have seen cars that have met with an accident at much higher speeds and far more deadlier objects but they never split into two. But I guess its all about where the car got hit etc. etc.

I do hope these pictures discourage some people from rash driving on our roads.

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 14:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well those are some horrific pictures. Just goes to show the impacts of dangerous driving. The Ikon episide was one of the worst I have ever seen. The guy was actually driving his friends Ikon whose keys they flicked from the house for a joy ride. Youngsters should learn a lesson from this and not drive without a permit or under the influence of alcohol. A few steps of precuation will make the world a safer place to live in.

Rtech I didnt know you took the pictures. Infact they were circulated all over the net . Had you also posted them in Webshots cause I found an album there with these pictures...

Drive safe everyone
Old 4th June 2004, 14:24   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ June 04 2004,09:31)]The ikon was horrific, I think it was cut into two to get at the bodies - the cut is too clean for an accident
Hey Ajmat & Powerslave,

I dont think it was cut into two.
It would not make sense for the rescue party to cut it into 2 and then move the engine/front part about 10meters behind the car in the opposite direction.
Plus my guess is that if they were to cut the car to rescue the people they would cut the A-pillars and "peel" the roof off, rather than trying to cut through solid metal like that!!!

Heres the discussion we had had on Formula India, it has my view of what happened in our little debate - Formula India - Ikon in 2 parts

Rtech... we saw the same pics in FI!!..infact i have had them saved on my HDD since then! thnx. (i think some1 put them up on a webshots page as u will see in the FI thread)

cya
Rehaan

Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2004, 15:28   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Rtech I didnt know you took the pictures. Infact they were circulated all over the net . Had you also posted them in Webshots cause I found an album there with these pictures...
haha...man, this is a small world! I took these pics the morning after the accident. I was at Seaface to walk the dog when we saw this. Luckily, I had a cam with me. I then emailed these pics to a few friends. And look where they ended up! I dunno who started the webshots page though. Well, lets hope these pics stopped a few other kids from killing themselves!
Old 4th June 2004, 16:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ June 04 2004,11:53)]the fact that the ikon broke in 2 probably saved the lives of some of the other passengers.
navin, how?

guys, can we get to see some more pics of this horrific ikon accident ?

~A

ps: really wanted to have a look at the split cabin from the front
Old 4th June 2004, 16:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

Adpd,

here is the front view

Heres a city after the bomb blast

Im not sure i like this thread much!

-R
Old 4th June 2004, 16:47   #14
BHPian

Thanx Rehaan,

god knows what happened to the doors on the left..think they must've separated after the impact......all the time till now i was thinking that this accident must've happened early in the morning when you can reach speeds over 100 but was shocked to read that it happened at around noon....is this road that empty
Old 4th June 2004, 16:59   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ June 04 2004,10:04)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Powerslave @ June 04 2004,09:42)]No way that Ford "broke" into two. It was probably cut open for rescue operations. I wonder if the driver ever stood a chance !
No dude. The Ikon actually did split up on impact. It was driven by a teenager who was just 16 or 17 and under influence of alcohol. He died on the spot. The car jumped over the divider and hit a pole on the opposite side at over 75mph (120km/h). The others in the car, including a girl were injured.
This happened last year at Worli Seaface and very close to the accident spot is a sign indicating a maximum speed limit of 31mph (50km/h).
oops.... Must be flirting with her.... anyways really hard to imagine situation !!

2f2f
2fast2furious is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed