Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 23:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

In delhi, even the police get beat up forget common folk:

Where is the rule of law in this city anymore?
Old 18th July 2015, 05:35   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I was in no position to find where the police station was at that moment.
Did not take down the number as they were pulling and pushing.
Crazy folks man!!
At last, sent a FB post on BTP page. Now they say they do not have CCTV camera at the most important junction on ORR. Pathetic!
Luckily I have recovered from this incident and make sure to be prepared for such instant attack. Needless to say Bangalore is becoming more notorious day after day.
Hey, first of all good to know you have recovered from this. The mental trauma such incidents create is another thing altogether. The way you wrote this sounds written in a very calm manner with no signs of anger.

This behavior is purely unacceptable.

The CCTV cameras should work ideally (if installed in the first place), and if you will have to get hold of someone higher up in the authority. Even if we were to assume that you did jump the signal, you have committed a civilian offence and the fine for which would not go beyond 500 Rs. What the bikers have done is a case of pure criminal offence.

If you remember the time and date, you can get hold of who was on police duty at the time. If you remember the number of any of the bikes, the make/model, etc., description of attackers that would help. Needless to say, you might have to shell a few bucks to the police but it would worth the effort to teach a lesson to the hooligans. these attackers might not be criminals in other aspects of their life but mute silence by the educated citizens gives them an incentive to repeat this behavior.

The thing is, police is itself such a bureaucratic organization, one has to pay a police guy, get his confidence and does all the rest of contacting the right person,etc. That is as good as hiring a lawyer.
Old 19th July 2015, 07:26   #78
PVS
BHPian

In addition, please get a dash cam immediately, if you haven't yet. A dash cam can be of immense help in situations like these. I have a question. It is a matter of concern that road rage incidents are increasing in Bengaluru.
Old 21st July 2015, 17:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

Came across this road rage video from China.

Warning: Video contains graphic violence.

CNN.com - Road rage video.
Old 30th July 2015, 17:21   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Attachment 1334308

This article is from today's newspaper. Is this the same guy who recorded a video of his 7 year old kid driving a Ferrari and posted it on YouTube- that was also a Sobha City resident if I recall correctly. Bhpians from Thrissur maybe able to throw more light.

Really a shocking incident. From the article it seems that it is not a 'one off' case of road rage either.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
This guard was run over by Hummer and the guard is no more alive. He was a poor chap having poor background. The guy, Nisham, who drove the Hummer is in Jail now. Poilce is also doing investigations on his disproportionate assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends,

Just 1hour back I had to experience the worst day of my life.

Near Kanakapura-Sarakki signal i took the right towards kanakapura just in time when green was moving to orange. At the same time, bikers from opp direction entered even before it turned green.

Two bikers got down and smashed my driver car glass and beaten me black & blue.
Were you able to track down the violators? Please update.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th August 2015 at 03:38. Reason: back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 06:20   #81
Senior - BHPian

A case of road rage in Mumbai yesterday. A car driver got into a fight with a bus driver and finally drove off 300 meters when the bus driver hung on to his bonnet trying to get him to stop. Luckily there was no loss of life or limb.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india/mu...e-1038702.html
Old 13th August 2015, 22:07   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
This guard was run over by Hummer and the guard is no more alive. He was a poor chap having poor background. The guy, Nisham, who drove the Hummer is in Jail now. Poilce is also doing investigations on his disproportionate assets.
The newspaper print given in the attachment hints to a larger danger. This person, Nishad aged 39 had dragged a woman sub-inspector in his car and took her to police station where he dared the police to take any action against him!!

Road rage is too small a thing for this businessman, he probably has eyes on much larger things in life that could gain him fame/notoriety!
Old 9th February 2016, 17:20   #83
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I was driving to Trend Automobiles for some work on my Brio this morning and has to take the service road off the main Hosur Road. Since this was my first visit and I was unsure of the exact route, I was keeping my speed low on the service road so I didn't miss the left turn. I noticed plenty of vehicles driving down the wrong side of the road and so was keeping as far to the left as possible. A few Canter trucks approaching on the wrong side were driving over 30 kmph and suddenly a biker jumps out from behind them and right in front of my car. I braked and swerved to the left to avoid hitting him head-on and in the split moment another mornonic fool on a two-wheeler decided to squeeze past on the left hand side of my car. Seeing that I had swerved to avoid his kamikazi biker cousin, he realized he had place to go and crashed into a parked auto on the left side.

Although, he was nowhere close to touching the left side of my car, I stopped my car to see if he was hurt and that was my mistake. He then came down and demanded that I roll down my passenger window and accused me of not letting him overtake from the left. I rolled down my window a few inches and told the moron in an assertive tone that this was not my mistake and he shouldn't have tried to squeeze in knowing that he had no place to go. I also pointed out that there were vehicles heading on the wrong side and that I didn't want to play chicken with them. The auto driver caught him and was arguing and told me to drive off lest I cause a traffic pile-up. The moron banged on the rear hatch of the Brio swearing and cursing and I drove away.

I didn't bother stopping to get into an altercation with him. Lesson #1921 of driving on Bangalore's roads - factor-in sufficient time to reach your destination while keeping your cool even when you know the other person is wrong and trying to blame you for no fault of yours.

Last edited by gpa : 9th February 2016 at 17:22.
Old 19th February 2016, 07:01   #84
BHPian

Not too sure how much of a road rage is this, but goes to reiterate how important it is to have eyes on the road and be extra-careful :
I was driving to office at 5.30am this morning.

Sumo -> ---->
----- -------------
<------

^
|- Truck
|
|- Me

I was taking a right turn onto the main road. There was a truck in front of me. So I moved to his left so I can turn onto the road after him. I noticed a Sumo coming down the main road and slowed down. The truck almost completed the turn and was in the right lane; So I too followed him. Out of nowhere an Indica tried to squeeze in between from my right.
Call that instinctive, I swerved a bit to the left to avoid the Indica. Only then I heard the Sumo's horn and thankfully he came to a standstill. I then realized that I almost moved halfway onto the left, blocking him.

I knew he's furious. I moved slightly ahead and he was by my side. I smiled, held up my hand and mouthed a "sorry". Obviously he's very angry; he motioned various signs in the air, all the while moving parallel. I turned and moved slowly ahead, lest I'd make him more angry. He came very close, cut into my lane closely and left.

It's all still hazy as to what happened. I need to check the dashcam video in the evening. But I did realize that it was a mistake on my part too. I should've stopped on seeing the Indica. I usually do, but blame it on poor sleep, I was not attentive. Point noted to be attentive and "eyes on the road".

Glad he too had the sense to stop. I work in the Quadron, Pune. By the look of it he too must be driving there; So wanted to meet and apologize, but couldn't find him.

Last edited by rav11stars : 19th February 2016 at 07:04.
rav11stars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 13:49   #85
BHPian

Finally i make it to the thread :(
Was returning home at around 10.30 last wednesday Night from Manyata tech park and took a right from under the KR Puram flyover towards PWD Road,B Narayanapura(i live 1 km from there).

After proceeding for around 100 metres in the road(2 lone narrow say 25 feet road).I had a Innova driving in front of me.Just after crossing a speed bump, the innova driver(the only one in the car, a private vehicle) sees someone familiar to him and suddenly brakes to a stop right in the middle of the road say Hi hello.
I was right behind him on the speed breaker(must be at a speed of 15-20 kmph) and even though i braked hard i ended up touching the Innova rear bumper metal pipe guard which gets bent a bit.
I park my car on the side behind his car and come out.
The Driver comes aggressively to me and demands my car keys in Kannada.
I have picked up on the local language(have been in Karnataka since the last 13 years) and explain to him in Kannada that he stopped suddenly and its his mistake still i will pay him.
He says who are you to show me money, i want your car keys. I say, how can i give you my car keys. He grabs my collar and lands a punch.Out of defence i punch him, he falls down(probably he was drunk) and then all hell breaks loose.

The guy to whom he waved comes and catches me and starts shouting that i am the one who raised his hand first even though it was mistake , that I am an outsider(I have JH plates on my Ritz VXi Genus), then 4-5 more people come and start landing blows on my face.
One guy takes my phone and switches it off
Once i am able to gather myself(now i am bleeding from my mouth and my shirt is torn) i explain to them that please understand its not my mistake i am still ready to pay money. they start shouting at me again.some goons come and go in between threatening that they are going to kill me and i am an outsider i should remain an outsider and all that.
Then, an elderly guy comes he says to everyone this guy has had enough let him go and guides me to my car.I tell the guy am i supposed to pay up any money, he says No, just go. I see that the Innova is already gone by now.
Suddenly i realize i dint have my phone with me , i start searching and get it from the guy who took it.

I reach home bleeding from my lips , a torn shirt.
The car gets a hole in the front bumper from the bull guard.

Mistake 1: Probably shouldnt have come out of the car
Mistake 2: Should have apologized straightaway rather than explaining and offered whatever money he would have asked for
Mistake 3: Should have taken the blows silently(just 1 or 2 max, apologized and paid up)

A bad end to a hard day at work
Old 14th March 2016, 15:05   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post

Mistake 2: Should have apologized straightaway rather than explaining and offered whatever money he would have asked for
Mistake 3: Should have taken the blows silently(just 1 or 2 max, apologized and paid up)
Mistake 4 : Was too dazed to note down Innova's Reg Number
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore is notorious for mistreating outsiders, the mentality even at the GOVT level is pathetic, the locals enjoy a lot of privilege and issues happen just because they can afford to have one.

Now the one and only thing you should have done is avoided any conflicts, if your car has a torn bumper the impact should have been not very miniscule. Now, anyone rear ending the car in front is at fault because,

1. if you maintained safe distance this would have never happened

2. if you were at safer speeds(safe enough to stop) you should have avoided this again

3. never get down from your car, getting down and going to talk is taken as a sign of aggression with most of the motorists

To tell you the truth, you were in trouble the moment you rear ended the vehicle, in future, be more vigil.

PS: These are my personal views and I do not support any sort of hooliganism. To me there are two type of road users in India, one who aggressive and others who are getting there really fast, these things doesn't help anyone, forget it and move on. I too have Bangalore stories from my very limited stay (read days) in Bangalore, but now when I look back, I feel that I had faults at my part as well and what happened to me was not the absolute worst that could have happened, I stay more peaceful now when I know how fast situations escalate.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:16   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Oh. Sad to hear your travails. Actually there is only one mistake that appears to be the major factor here: 1: Getting out of your car.

Unfortunately, you can't predict the mob mentality and getting out of the car can result in serious injury.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I was right behind him on the speed breaker

Well, we all know and this has been the topic of much discussion that if you rear end anyone, its your fault. But you are correct about the mistakes, the first one corrected (and saying sorry immediately) would have negated the other ones. This was too small a matter to have to come to blows and all. Drive safe.

This reminds me of the one time we had hired a taxi near Amboli while on a trip in the rainy season. It was an Ambassador with bad brakes, impatient driver and muddy slippery roads. Soon enough, he rear ended one car ahead which turned out to be an office bearer of a political party. Now we were all hauled to the local party office and only the driver was taken inside. He came out shaken but sound and continued the trip with a more careful driving !

Last edited by luvDriving : 14th March 2016 at 16:35. Reason: Added some information.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Oh Oh. Sad to hear your travails. Actually there is only one mistake that appears to be the major factor here: 1: Getting out of your car.

Unfortunately, you can't predict the mob mentality and getting out of the car can result in serious injury.
I came out of the car because i never thought the situation would lead to this.
It was a very very minor incident.
Straightening that bull bar would have costed 300-400 max

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Bangalore is notorious for mistreating outsiders, the mentality even at the GOVT level is pathetic, the locals enjoy a lot of privilege and issues happen just because they can afford to have one.

Now the one and only thing you should have done is avoided any conflicts, if your car has a torn bumper the impact should have been not very miniscule. Now, anyone rear ending the car in front is at fault because,

1. if you maintained safe distance this would have never happened

2. if you were at safer speeds(safe enough to stop) you should have avoided this again

3. never get down from your car, getting down and going to talk is taken as a sign of aggression with most of the motorists

To tell you the truth, you were in trouble the moment you rear ended the vehicle, in future, be more vigil.

Pramod
My bumper got torn because of the sharp end of his bull bar which dint had that rubber protector.It was a coin size tear.

About getting down, i just got out of the car, dint walk up to him so that he should not feel i am being aggressive.

Probably he would have thought that he would hit me 2-3 punches and once he gets hold of my car keys(must be a punter at squeezing out money from folks) take whatever money as per his wishor something

Last edited by InControl : 14th March 2016 at 16:59.
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks