Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 15:38   #4231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
This happens to me everyday at the traffic light just before Big Bazaar on Old Madras Road. It would be red and people honk but i just stay calm till signal turns green.
I had massive issues with this till I started assuming they were honking at somebody else. I just look around and try to find what else they would be honking at. Whatever I do, I dont look back as long as traffic is not moving fast. What petrifies me is if I stop at a signal and some moron following me tries to jump while its still amber. In such cases, I usually put my hand up indicating I am stopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Indeed! God give me the patience to put up with such morons, coz if you give me strength I might beat the crap outta them!
Buddy, they have so much crap in them it might be difficult to beat it out. You might be able to beat crap out of a guy but can you bring the guy out of the crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Police ? - Well can't even stop auto guys from jumping signals or fleecing, what will they do with RR Evoque ?
Um, they might assume its someone politically connected and salute them?
Old 10th August 2012, 23:40   #4232
BHPian

Anything can happen in Kerala. But, the parent who let the little chap drive an RR evoque is a proven real bad driver. What could have happened if the child had floored the 190ps engine?
Honestly, I can't even imagine such a situation. BTW, who knows the child won't be a Formula 1 champion tomorrow? Almost all the champions had a similar start.
Old 10th August 2012, 23:43   #4233
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a rashly driven LEXUS LS600. Was continuously flashing his headlights behind me. Since the road was too narrow, I couldnt give way for couple of meters. Then thinking it was an emergency, I literally pulled my car off the road to let him pass. I decided to follow the car and was shocked to see his rash driving. Many bikers had close call and could see them swearing. After couple of kms, I saw the car entering the house at a snails pace.

Many will know whom I'm talking about. Dont know whether it was the driver or the owner himself, but have to say this is not the way to drive. You may have the cash and power but others will have to pay their own cash for the damages.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 10th August 2012 at 23:44.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:29   #4234
BHPian

This guy parked behind my car yesterday. Had a tough time to remove my car (alto, not in pic) with assistance from my brother.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20120812_195818.jpg  

Old 13th August 2012, 11:29   #4235
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a white VW Touareg that I often spot around Pune University area- reg no. ends 7171. The most annoying kind of driver ever. He tailgates me constantly flashing his lights. I check ahead of me, there is no spare space, traffic is moving at around 40-50 kmph and I am keeping up with the flow. So ignore the guy but he keeps flashing. I suspect it may be a T-BHP spotting but it's not- the next thing I know the guy cuts into the fast lane and repeats the process with the next car. Everyone is giving him looks, a couple of guys gesture "What is it?" but he just ignores everyone and keeps flashing.

Is there something congenitally wrong with such guys?

Last edited by noopster : 13th August 2012 at 11:30.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:08   #4236
BHPian

Another similar vehicle is a Mitsu Outlander that goes onwards to Phase 3. No signals shown - simply use of brute force to barge into lanes.
Old 13th August 2012, 15:15   #4237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think it is called arrogance!

But... imagine the stress of driving like this. If there isn't something wrong with him now, there soon will be.

There are many like him. Some of them are professionals, too, driving like this for long hours each and every day.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:44   #4238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Aah yes, this guy almost ran over me and a couple of other bikers last week. He was speeding on SB road from Marriott towards University.
One car was overtaking another on the middle and right lanes. So aforementioned Touareg hero swerves to extreme left lane where yours truly and a couple of scooties were dodging drain/ manhole covers away at around 20 kmph.

Result one scooty almost on the pavement and 2 very scared girls. I had seen this guy flashing lights in my rear view mirror so had no option but to speed up and join the middle lane.

Can we file a complaint on basis of rash driving or instead of witnesses do we need proof?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 19:09   #4239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
. BTW, who knows the child won't be a Formula 1 champion tomorrow? Almost all the champions had a similar start.
I hope the poor childs dad doesnt get motivated by seeing how base jumpers start
Old 13th August 2012, 19:23   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
This guy parked behind my car yesterday. Had a tough time to remove my car (alto, not in pic) with assistance from my brother.
He has his headlights switched on. Did he leave the car with the headlights ON? I had similar experiences in the past. If you had waited for him to arrive, I am sure he might have told you that he had just gone for 2 mins and he returned soon.

As posted here, there are people who park in front of our building gate.
Yesterday evening, had this person park in front of the gate. With the assistance of a friend, whom I had to specially call, managed to get my car (WagonR) in the building. This guy had parked in such a way that it was almost impossible to get a car in if the width of the car was a couple of inches more. Here's the pic.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-abcd0002.jpg
Please note the Honda City parked bang in front of the gate. Sorry for the image quality.

Now, after getting my car in, I waited for around 5 mins and saw the lights of the car flash. The owner of the car comes and the conservation goes something like this:

Me: You have parked your car in front of the gate. Can't you park somewhere else.
He: Sorry.
Me: What sorry! Saying sorry does not mean you can park your vehicle anywhere.
He: I said sorry na. What do you want me to do now. Shall I do Sit Up's?
I had been just here gone to buy fruits!
He goes to sit in the car.
Me: Out of frustration. If the next time I see any car parked like this, I am going to break something.
He: Gets angry and starts using words that cannot be described here. And says Dare you hit me. Just touch me and show. You don't know who I am. His wife also joins him.
Me: I am no rowdy person who goes and hits people. Its just that you people park in front of the gate and others also see this and park here.
He: I have got nothing to do with that. How dare you threaten me.
Me: The matter was getting heated up so I let loose a bit. Another friend of mine arrives at the scene and asks me. As I am explaining him the scene,
He: Don't get energized because of your friend. I can also call people here.
Me: Why do you this kind of work that you need to call people for your help. You could have parked anywhere ahead.
He: The police officer at the corner told us to park here.And I was like.
Me: Lets go to the police officer and sort this out then.
His wife was ready to go there, but the man refused and sat in his car and revved away.
Seemed an educated person from a good family. Was elderly may be of age around 45-50. Didn't know that such people can use this type of foul language when it comes to an argument.
I agree I was wrong on my part for threating to break his car, but I am proud of myself that I did not use the words he used and got myself down to his level.
I am happy that I have been educated by my parents and Team-BHP about the traffic rules. Hence, whenever there is no place to park and have to leave the car in such situations, I always ask someone to sit back in the car or I myself stay back.
Wish the RTO takes some strict action against this people.
Old 13th August 2012, 20:07   #4241
Senior - BHPian

^^Looks like the cop is mistaking your closed gate for an unused one. Tough call there. You leave the gate open and two wheelers will be parked inside the compund. You leave it closed and cars will be parked outside it. maybe you need to build a gate right where that car is parked?
Old 13th August 2012, 20:25   #4242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone

He has his headlights switched on. Did he leave the car with the headlights ON? I had similar experiences in the past. If you had waited for him to arrive, I am sure he might have told you that he had just gone for 2 mins and he returned soon.
Carzone I really feel sad for your situation. Idiots rule our streets these days. And 45 50years these days is the age where one starts to have scant regard for fellow citizens.

These kind of people infuriate me. Even in our building some people come and park their car when they come to visit the complex being built next door. And these are suit and tie wearing folk. They just see if our guard is not there, park the car inside our complex and go off to the next building without a care.

The problem is these days people think once they earn some money, buy a sedan and wear suit and ties they become very respectable. I've previously described quite a few incidences in the Bangalore traffic thread regarding such people. And in Bangalore this kind of behavior has increased over the past few years. At least the police here is active in case people park in front of busy complexes; they put wheel locks. Hope the cops around your place comes to their sense soon and actually help the residents in your colony to stop this nuisance.

This and many other city based traffic threads everyday enforce my belief that manners don't come with money nor with age. When I was a teenager I had similar experiences with uncle jis on the road. And believe me they spoke like that in front of their wives, girlfriends and children with the vocabulary that can only be matched by scums of the earth. And this goes on till this day. And I see poorer people from slums are much well behaved than these show offs.

From those days onwards I stopped believing in respecting anyone just because of his age or the way he dressed because all the good impressions got destroyed once they opened their mouths. And trust me I've met a lot of people both good and bad in that age group. Sadly these people just tend to be condescending upon us for the way we dress.

Many a times I've been spoken down to by such folk just because I was carrying a school bag and was dressed in casuals. Whereas when I'm dressed formally their attitude changes. I don't like this duality. I maybe able to teach him a lesson but what about the 100s of people who get abused by two mouthed snake attitude everyday.

Sorry if I went OT but these human beings have stopped being humane to fellow humans and its the I, me , myself attitude plaguing our societies these days. Learn a bit of English, get an MNC job and treat every other person like crap. The suit and tie and middle age have lost their nobility and have just become excuses for miscreants to misbehave.

On a lighter note how come you didn't try the egg on the bonnet idea this time? maybe invite your entire complex to a snack of bread omlete every time such idiots make their presence known in front of your complex.

Last edited by noopster : 14th August 2012 at 15:03. Reason: As requested :)
Old 13th August 2012, 21:24   #4243
Distinguished - BHPian

Partha, you are overreacting. The man acknowledged his mistake and apologised. There are enough and more people out there who will get aggressive even when they are in the wrong. In fact in this case it was probably our member's continued (verbal) aggression that triggered his reaction off. Not condoning his behaviour but that is how I read it.

Last edited by noopster : 14th August 2012 at 15:04. Reason: Quoted post edited
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 21:36   #4244
BHPian

My collegue got involved in an accident because of these bad bikers. One Pune-Solapur highway a biker cut across their Honda City from left to right to take a U-turn at a "artificial" break in the median. Result of emergency and hard braking their car fell into a ditch on the side of the road leaving her with a punctured lung , FIL with a crushed LHS and MIL expired.
That biker did not even stop to see if they were alive or dead. How do we spot these morons ?
Old 13th August 2012, 21:54   #4245
BHPian

Do these pictures qualify for the bad drivers and riders thread? You say.https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5808995&type=1

This is the scene at the newly opened Yamuna Expressway.
Posted originally on the Buddh International Circuit, Facebook Page. Good to see such posts from them.

Mods please move to appropriate thread if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-386898_354953804580207_985336441_n.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-528059_354953761246878_1825899108_n.jpg  

Most Viewed