Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 15:30   #151
BHPian

Re: Gujarat road trip - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
I am planning a 2 week road trip from Pune as follows!
Did a similar route in my Amaze from Pune in March 2017.

- Jaisalmer - Longewala is worth a visit.
- Add "Bada bagh" to the list. Still in very good shape.
- Also if you plan Kuldhara village and have time take the road further ahead to Khaba Fort.
- The fort is very small but the abandoned village near the fort is still intact.
- A fantastic view from the fort. The whole village without people really hits hard. Worth the additional 10-12kms from Kuldhara village
- I stayed in Winds Desert Camp which is around 10kms Sam dunes. Comfortable stay. Food was good. Tents were clean.

Last edited by ampere : 30th December 2017 at 08:56. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 09:32   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Did a similar route in my Amaze from Pune in March 2017.
Jaisalmer - Longewala is worth a visit.
Add "Bada bagh" to the list. Still in very good shape.
Also if you plan Kuldhara village and have time take the road further ahead to Khaba Fort. The fort is very small but the abandoned village near the fort is still intact. A fantastic view from the fort. The whole village without people really hits hard. Worth the additional 10-12kms from Kuldhara village
I stayed in Winds Desert Camp which is around 10kms Sam dunes. Comfortable stay. Food was good. Tents were clean.
I am also planning to drive to Jaisalmer. I am keen to know what are the food specialties that is must to enjoy when in Rajasthan? Also, any recommendations of good places to eat?
Old 26th December 2017, 20:30   #153
BHPian

Hi. A quick updates on road conditions.

1/ Pune to ahmedabad : almost everyone forks off from NH8 for NE1. Exit is very easy to miss in heavy traffic. I believe NH8 (6 lanes) will be as good as (NE1).

2/ Ahmedabad-Viramgam-Halvad-Malia-lakakadia-chitrod-rapar-balasar-Dholavira/ Great roads all around. Less crowded Gujarat 4 lane roads are as good or better than express ways. Chitron rapar ravmati is super BAD. Locals later told adesar fatehgarh balasar dholavira is better.

3/ Rapar adesar 2 lane great road
Adesar radhanpur 4 lanes great roads again.
Radhanpur bhabhar vav tharad sanchore barmer - great 2 lane rods all the way - especially the rajasthan stretch is wel l marked nd beautiful!

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 26th December 2017 at 20:31.
naren_gs1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 21:04   #154
BHPian

Another update
Barmer Munabao Khuri .... 250 kms ... Roads great all the way. Mostly single lane .. but not a single pothole or speed breaker. Easily doable in 4 hours.
Old 28th December 2017, 22:27   #155
BHPian

We were 9 touring bikes riding from Pune to Udaipur.
Had lunch at Hotel Sheetal in surat on the highway. Great place for a halt with good non veg food. Next halt was stay in Hotel Comfort Inn Donil on the highway, Vadodara. Usual highway truck, car traffic from Ghodbunder road upto Vadodara. Ankleshwar new bridge is open. No traffic jams.

Next day rode Vadodara-Halol-Godhra-Shamalji-Udaipur. Almost no traffic in this section of Gujarat. Superb tarmac, 4 laning. Once you enter Rajasthan some truck traffic, some cement roads. Overall great ride.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 07:59   #156
BHPian

Hi
Jodhpur to udaipur is showing multiple routes. Which one should be taken pls? Thank you
Old 29th December 2017, 09:07   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Jodhpur to udaipur is showing multiple routes. Which one should be taken pls? Thank you
IMO You should go for Jodhpur-Pali-Sirohi-Udaipur.

Good roads (4Lane), less traffic and ETA will be same as Jodhpur-Pali-Rajsamand-Udaipur route though the latter is ~60KM short. If possible plan to reach Udaipur not later than 9 PM. The roads around Udaipur and Rajsamand pass through tribal belt, so avoid covering those sectors at night.

Cheers!
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 16:41   #158
BHPian

Quote:

I believe NH8 (6 lanes) will be as good as (NE1)
In fact, better. The toll in the NH8 is now nearly double that of NE1. All commercial vehicles, therefore, prefer NE1 now since it is cheaper. The NH8 has relatively lower traffic and has 6 lanes compared with 4 of NE1. Yes, one has to be careful of two wheelers and at times 4 wheelers being driven on the wrong side.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 16:45   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
IMO You should go for Jodhpur-Pali-Sirohi-Udaipur.

Good roads (4Lane), less traffic and ETA will be same as Jodhpur-Pali-Rajsamand-Udaipur route though the latter is ~60KM short. If possible plan to reach Udaipur not later than 9 PM. The roads around Udaipur and Rajsamand pass through tribal belt, so avoid covering those sectors at night.

Cheers!
Thank you! Noted. Any idea further on from Udaipur to indore. Google map again shows 2 routes
Old 30th December 2017, 08:51   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Noted. Any idea further on from Udaipur to indore. Google map again shows 2 routes
You're welcome. I'm afraid that I might be of no use regarding Udaipur- Indore route. AFAIK Udaipur-Banswara-Indore route (till Banswara) is a mega highway. I have no info about the road conditions of Banswara-Indore stretch.
Old 31st December 2017, 19:59   #161
BHPian

Thnk you all for your help. Followed BAU roads.
1/ Jodhpur-pali-desuri-gomtichowk-rajsmand-nathdwra-udaipur
2/ Udaipur Nimbahera neemuch mandsaur Jaora ujjain Indore
Old 5th January 2018, 10:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I am planning a 2 week road trip from Pune as follows!
Hi. Trip completed! Have posted updates in relevant Gujrat Rajasthan Indore threads. Thanks to group for all your help.
Old 7th January 2018, 12:21   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
In last 2 months, co-travellers changed, itinerary changed what remain unshaken is the plan to do Gujarat circuit in my Bluebird.
Now its me and my cousin only who will undertake this and though i will miss
Hi All,
Completed the much awaited trip ! Will post the travelogue soon !
Old 10th January 2018, 19:30   #164

I am currently doing Mumbai-Baroda-Somnath-Porbandar-Dwarka-Narara-Bhuj-Rann-Bhuj-Mandvi-Bhuj-Dholavira-LROK/Zainabad-Ahmedabad-Mumbai circuit. I am on my last day of Bhuj trip and heading to Dholavira tomorrow (Thursday 11 Jan). I need some help with the following.

1. I want to do Bhuj to Dholavira tomorrow and want to do Little Rann of Kutch. If I start from Bhuj early tomorrow at 7, can I reach LROK tomorrow itself in day light?

2. Can any one help with a good place to stay between Dholavira & Zainabad? if I can't do (1). Not a resort but a reasonable family place..

3. Whats the best place to explore Little Rann of Kutch for a short visit and not a full safari? Zainabad?

4. If time permits, I would like to do Patan & Shankeshwar temples on the next day. i.e Friday if I can find something to stay somewhere between Dholavira - Rapar-Adesar-Radhanpur-Zainabad

The idea is to leave Bhuj tomorrow and not to come back in reverse direction and make use of time to spend some more time at LROK or Patan & Shankeshwar
Old 10th January 2018, 22:14   #165
BHPian

Hi
1st almost 20 odd kms after rapar on the way to dholavira is very bad. Sunset at karnmata temple is beautiful

I saw an HONEST hotel in radhanpur - looked decent from outside while driving. Couldn't see any other stay option between dholavira radhanpur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks