Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hot is an understatement, even Bangalore is hot there days. All the rock/stone around Hampi makes it like the devils kitchen.
Old 2nd August 2008, 20:15   #32
BHPian

Bumping the thread for a question.

Now that the summer is over and rains have started in Karnataka.. is this a good time to visit Hampi?
Old 19th August 2008, 16:23   #33
BHPian

No answers yet. Does anyone know if its a good time to visit Hampi now? The rains that lashed entire coastal/central karnataka would have cooled the temp at Hampi.

But is it still raining there and how are the condition of the roads?
Does anyone know? Answers please!
Old 19th August 2008, 18:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi GenuineOptimist,

Hampi is good palce to visit between August - December. Now you can enjoy Tunga Badra Reservoir too its full. Bangalore - Tumkur - Hiriyur - Challakere - Bellary is still good road but Bellary to Hosept 60km stretch is very very bad thats what my friend told me. However If you have SUV or vehicle with good ground clearance you can manage.

You can plan this trip for sure.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:29   #35
BHPian

Bangalore - Hampi road conditions anyone??

Hello everyone,

We are planning a Bangalore-Hampi drive over this weekend. Has anyone done this stretch recently? any updates on the road conditions will be greatly appreciated.. Driving a Zen...

Thanks
Anish
Old 28th August 2008, 23:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

When I wentt o Bellary in May, I took NH13 from Chitradurga part of the way, and found Nh13 to be in bad condiiton, with lots of potholes and humps. Maybe that has been repaired now. The Hiriyur-Bellary road is great but then Bellary-Hospet road is in terrible condition. Hubli-Hospet road is also in a bad shape.
Old 29th August 2008, 15:07   #37
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.. I couldnt get bookings confirmed so dropped the plan.. planning coastal karnataka...
Old 12th November 2008, 11:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

any update on this road

Hi!

I'm planning Hampi in December. Wanted to check if the road conditions between Bangalore and Hampi are better ? Any alternate routes ?

Also, I plan to goto Hyderabad from Hampi. So if you can, please provide any route info and road condition for this stretch as well.

thanks
Srini

Last edited by smsrini : 12th November 2008 at 11:24.
Old 12th November 2008, 11:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Hi!

I'm planning Hampi in December. Wanted to check if the road conditions between Bangalore and Hampi are better ? Any alternate routes ?

Also, I plan to goto Hyderabad from Hampi. So if you can, please provide any route info and road condition for this stretch as well.

thanks
Srini
Instead of the regular NH13 you can take the Hiryur - Challakere - bellary route. Roads/Traffic are better compared to Chitrdurga - Hospet.
From Bellary, its NH63 to Hospet (roads were bad here but then you have Safari which will make its own road)

For Hyd, you need to come back to Gooty on NH63 itself and then NH7 to Hyd. NH63 was not that great but then you have no choice.

For a Safari driver, road condition should not matter you.

Abhi
Old 12th November 2008, 14:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on the following route:

hospet-->Gangawati-->sindhnur-->Manvi-->Raichur-->Shaktinagar-->Mahbubnagar-->Hyderabad ?

road conditions. This route is on SH29-SH23-SH20-SH13-SH56-NH-7
Hotels/Restaurants on the way ?

thanks
Srini
Old 12th November 2008, 14:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

This is the best road in the region and the preferred route to go to Hyderabad instead of NH63 via Gooty
Old 12th November 2008, 14:18   #42
BHPian

Had been on the chitradurga route a month back. The roads till chitradurga needless to say are excellent. The road from there till hospet goes from acceptable to horrible. It took me about 3 hours (non-stop). It is a pucca road, but broken in places.

I'm not sure about the road from hospet till manvi, but from there till hyderabad its pretty good. I'd suggest the same instead of the gooty option.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:27   #43

Bangalore to Hampi Via Anathpur

Hello All
I went through a lot of info on the Bangalore Hyderabad road conditions. I plan to do Bangalore-Hampi-Hubli-Dandeli-Bangalore in late December. I am well versed in the routes but thought that I will take the road via Anantapur/Bellary to Hampi as I havent travelled in this route and this would also save me some 25-30 Kms. Is the 4 laning work over on the Bangalore-Anantapur section and is the road good enough? I would also like to know the Anantapur-Bellary road condition. Incidentally, I would be travelling in a Bolero.

Cheers

Harsha
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Ananthapur-Bellary would be a statehighway ? Or are you considering Anantapur-gooty-Bellary ? NH63 between Gooty-Bellary is best avoided.

If going from Bengaluru, best option is to take NH13 via tumkur-chitradurga-Kudligi-Hospet. Between Chitradurga and Hospet the roads are not that good but motorable, as I am told.

I'm considering this route in December Christmas break.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:11   #45

Hi Srini
I was considering the state highway from Anantapur to Bellary.

Cheers

Harsha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks