Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:23   #136
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi/ Bellary

Fauji,

Thanks!! I enquired with Malligi yesterday and mostly will go there. But some friends had mentioned of homestays around Hampi. So wanted to check on that.

Also I thought it was better to take the SH from Hiriyur and not go to Chitradurga. How I wish I can get to the benne dose hotel esp chitradurga being quite close to DVNG.

Thanks for the info I will also check the kishkinda trust thing.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:32   #137
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Hampi/ Bellary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
Fauji,

Also I thought it was better to take the SH from Hiriyur and not go to Chitradurga. How I wish I can get to the benne dose hotel esp chitradurga being quite close to DVNG.
I am not sure of any homestays. Would be interesting to know about.
Apart from Malligi, if you want to splurge, you have the Royal Orchid also.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:09   #138
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Hampi road conditions anyone??

Hey guys, Bumping up an old thread. Is the NH63 between Chitradurga and Hospet still bad? I will be driving down in my Getz and would like to know the route conditions now. My friend stays at Hospet and he said the raods are relaid now, but would like some confirmation.
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:49   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Hey guys, Bumping up an old thread. Is the NH63 between Chitradurga and Hospet still bad? I will be driving down in my Getz and would like to know the route conditions now. My friend stays at Hospet and he said the raods are relaid now, but would like some confirmation.
Its still better to take the SH (from Hiriyur) instead of NH63.

Hiriryur-Chalkere-Bellary-Hospet-Hampi.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 11:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its still better to take the SH (from Hiriyur) instead of NH63.

Hiriryur-Chalkere-Bellary-Hospet-Hampi.
Amp: Any idea on how the shimoga harihar hospet road is. I am going to Hampi from Blr tomorrow. But want to make a quick social visit @ Davangere if possible.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:49   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Amp: Any idea on how the shimoga harihar hospet road is. I am going to Hampi from Blr tomorrow. But want to make a quick social visit @ Davangere if possible.
@bandlimitedlife No idea about that.
But first thought/guess says, wont be good at all.
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:03   #142
BHPian

On 1September 2011 i travelled Hampi to Bangalore VIA SH 13, which is single road with lot of traffic, while going we escaped being humped at the gate crossing after Kudiligi which is just around 20kms from Hospet. On return i forgot about this treacherous gate crossing pit. I just applied brake on time, to land in the railway line pit right in the centre of the track, and the front wheel hit the tracks with a thud with no major damage apprantly, which shook my driving skills of 3 decades. I advice all fellow Team Bhp to be aware of this dangerous railway crossing maybe it is wake up call for us to be alert on all railway crossings, it did not even have speed brakers, with falling light condition it is a disaster to happen.
Old 5th September 2011, 09:28   #143
BHPian

BLR - Hospet / Hampi on 31st Aug

BLR - Hiriyur Excellent Roads Toll = (15 + 29 + 45) = 89

Hiriyur - Bellary Bypass via challakere / kudligi. Single lane State Highway in Excellent condition throughout BUT SURPISE Humps all the way without much marking. Road is good to cruise at 100 / 110 but you get screwed on these humps.

As ukderebail mentions that railway crossing is really crappy. I went really really slow on it but still managed to scratch the floor a little bit.

Bellary Bypass - Hospet ( Rs 12 Toll till you reach the actual road before Jindal Industries) This portion is good.

The last 40Km is heavily potholed and bad road leading upto Hospet.

Time Taken 6 Hours Distance 370 Km

Total Toll = 101

Return Hospet - BLR September 2nd

This time wanted to avoid the other state highway due to the surprise factor. So took the Hospet / Chitradurga Highway.

Road is slightly potholed for the first half roughly 60Km but easily motorable. Slightly more traffic esp truckers on this SH as compared to SH 13. Beautiful views of large number of windmills on approach towards Chitradurga.

Once @ Durga Road is again excellent all the way home.

Except for the fact that there are morons in trucks driving on the highway it is a comfortable cruise at 120.

Toll = (45+45+29+15) = 134

Time taken for Return Journey 5 hours and distance is 330Km. This includes being stuck in Bangalore traffic for 20 mins.

Note: I like to drive without breaks and reach destination ASAP.

Last edited by bandlimitedlife : 5th September 2011 at 09:29.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 15:25   #144
BHPian

Has anyone here stayed on the other side of the river? I've heard that you can also rent a 3bhk 4bhk villa's for the weekend. Anyone has any info on that?
Old 6th September 2011, 16:01   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Has anyone here stayed on the other side of the river? I've heard that you can also rent a 3bhk 4bhk villa's for the weekend. Anyone has any info on that?
If you plan to stay on the other side of the river, you will have to park your vehicle in the public parking zone of hampi village just outside the virupaksha temple. I am not sure how safe it is to do that.

The other side of the river was dense with trees and couple of buildings hiding behind them. I am not too sure that it is a popular thing to do. But there is a Shanti Guest House behind the temple who I believe do rent out on the other side of the river. Going by what I saw on my side of the river I wouldnt risk it.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:36   #146
BHPian

Quote:
If you plan to stay on the other side of the river, you will have to park your vehicle in the public parking zone of hampi village just outside the virupaksha temple. I am not sure how safe it is to do that.

The other side of the river was dense with trees and couple of buildings hiding behind them. I am not too sure that it is a popular thing to do. But there is a Shanti Guest House behind the temple who I believe do rent out on the other side of the river. Going by what I saw on my side of the river I wouldnt risk it.
Ha ha. Thanks for the info. Guess it will be this side of the river only.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:51   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha. Thanks for the info. Guess it will be this side of the river only.
I took advice from fellow bhp'ians & stayed at hotel Malligi in Hospet and for 1700 a night got a good standard A/C Room which was VFM. This also includes a good breakfast.

They have 3 restaurants which are good. 2 actually and one general meal place. Other amenities were ample car parking and if you tip the security guard a little bit he will make sure your car is clean early every morning.

Food was also very good.

I saw the Vijayashree resort. It looked all nice but seemed too expensive.
Old 6th September 2011, 17:28   #148
BHPian

Quote:
I took advice from fellow bhp'ians & stayed at hotel Malligi in Hospet and for 1700 a night got a good standard A/C Room which was VFM. This also includes a good breakfast.

They have 3 restaurants which are good. 2 actually and one general meal place. Other amenities were ample car parking and if you tip the security guard a little bit he will make sure your car is clean early every morning.

Food was also very good.

I saw the Vijayashree resort. It looked all nice but seemed too expensive.
Hampi canceled. Apparently it's raining too much and they're not letting you cross the river. Now might go off to Marvanthe or someplace else. Thanks for all the help man!
Old 9th September 2011, 08:16   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hampi canceled. Apparently it's raining too much and they're not letting you cross the river. Now might go off to Marvanthe or someplace else. Thanks for all the help man!
Whats the deal with crossing the river?
Even I was thinking of going to Hampi.
Old 9th September 2011, 09:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Whats the deal with crossing the river?
Even I was thinking of going to Hampi.
There are some hotels and guest houses across Tungabhadra river behind Virupaksha temple. You need to catch a boat to reach those places. Apparently, boat services might have been stopped now due to excessive flow in the river. Even to go to Anegondi, you need to cross river near Vittala temple (but there's a roundabout route to reach Anegondi by road).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks