Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 10:29   #886
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
Travelling from Bangalore to Hampi with small kids and elderlies. The BLR - Chitradurga - Hospet - Hampi route seems to be preferred one on this forum for drivability but wanted to check if there are frequent stops on this route v/s the Hyderabad highway alternate route.
Thanks in Advance
I had travelled with small kids a few months ago. There are not many stops esp on the Hampi expressway after chitradurga. We had stopped at Anand Vihar, https://goo.gl/maps/Uz8tjFEAFPYfCtyJ6. This is a clean, family safe place. Don't expect a lot of options though.

The route otherwise is as smooth as it possible can get. You will enjoy the ride if you are driving
Old 11th March 2023, 09:56   #887

Hi All,

I will be travelling with family to Hyatt Hampi and need your help on road conditions on the following routes from Hoskote to Hyatt and back.

1) Hoskote to Hyatt - Take NH67 till Toranagallu and from there take the Kudligi road to the hotel.
2) Hyatt to Hoskote - Kudligi road to Sandur and from there take the Sandur road(SH49) to Hoskote.

Please note that this will be my first highway driving and on these routes. Reading this thread was helpful in understanding some of the difficulties like negotiating the speed breakers. Please feel free to add any other safety advice specific to these routes.

On a side note, it will be great if anyone can confirm if there are charging facilities for electric vehicles at Hyatt and if you can suggest any hotel with similar facility in Hubli. I know that I should be checking with the hotels directly but I also appreciate any inputs based on experiences from fellow Bhpians.
Old 11th March 2023, 10:17   #888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPenguin View Post
1) Hoskote to Hyatt - Take NH67 till Toranagallu and from there take the Kudligi road to the hotel.
2) Hyatt to Hoskote - Kudligi road to Sandur and from there take the Sandur road(SH49) to Hoskote.
My suggestion: Since it's your first drive stick Hospet-Tornagallu-Hyatt. There is a clean bypass for from Hospet onto Bellary.

As regards to charging points dont remember seeing any unless something has changed. Best is to call them and check.

As regards to the drive itself, the trick for this route here is to go past Tumkur before traffic builds up. Else you will end up taking quite some time crossing Tumkur. Beyond Tumkur its superb and nice drive drive on 6-lane and 4-lane till Hospet. Even Hospet-Bellari is the same. Dont know the current status though.

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2023 at 10:20.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 11:14   #889

Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry, I made a mistake of typing Hoskote instead of Hospet. Even I considered sticking to the NH67 while returning from Hyatt to Hospet. But then I saw some posts about Narihala Dam View Point and so I was planning to visit it and then have lunch at Shivavilas palace and return to Hoskote via Sandur road(SH49). Hence, wanted to know the condition of the Sandur to Hospet road(SH49).
Old 11th March 2023, 12:51   #890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPenguin View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry, I made a mistake of typing Hoskote instead of Hospet. Even I considered sticking to the NH67 while returning from Hyatt to Hospet. But then I saw some posts about Narihala Dam View Point and so I was planning to visit it and then have lunch at Shivavilas palace and return to Hoskote via Sandur road(SH49). Hence, wanted to know the condition of the Sandur to Hospet road(SH49).
Narihalla is beautiful viewpoint.(It's just about 10km from the hotel). And Sandur has nice old temples. What you can do is a half-day trip from Hyatt. Thats the easiest.

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2023 at 19:12. Reason: fixed typo
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 13:25   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Naihalla is beautiful viewpoint.(It's just about 10km from the hotel). And Sandur has nice old temples. What you can do is a half-day trip from Hyatt. Thats the easiest.
Yea this makes more sense. Thanks for the suggestion. This removes the stress of having to drive in desolate roads.
Old 13th March 2023, 13:07   #892
BHPian

I plan to drive to Hampi mid-April and looking at Hyatt Hampi as a stay option. I understand it's a good 35 km away from Hampi with almost 1 hour of drive time. While I'm ok driving the distance, question is, how safe is this route post sundown? On one of the days, we plan to visit the Anjanadri Hills to view the sunset. The drive back will be post sunset and I will be with family, so just want to know if it's safe enough.
Old 13th March 2023, 13:19   #893
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
On one of the days, we plan to visit the Anjanadri Hills to view the sunset. The drive back will be post sunset and I will be with family, so just want to know if it's safe enough.
If you plan on visiting most of the Hampi monuments, I would suggest you stay at Clarks Inn or even Royal Orchid or Malligi Hotel. For Anjandri, you can take the boat/ferry ride from the boating point near Vittala temple.
If you want a more relaxed stay away from the ruins, the. Hyatt makes sense but you have to factor in the ride time and plan your day for the to and fro each day.
I had posted a response to a similar query earlier here (Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries).

Last edited by NPV : 13th March 2023 at 13:21.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 19:14   #894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I plan to drive to Hampi mid-April and looking at Hyatt Hampi as a stay option. I understand it's a good 35 km away from Hampi with almost 1 hour of drive time. While I'm ok driving the distance, question is, how safe is this route post sundown? On one of the days, we plan to visit the Anjanadri Hills to view the sunset. The drive back will be post sunset and I will be with family, so just want to know if it's safe enough.
Firstly you plan to go Mid-April and secondly plan to go to the hill for a sunset. Not sure if it adds-up. It's going to be really hot! Do think about it.

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2023 at 19:53.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 19:50   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Firstly you are plan to go Mid-April and secondly plan to go to the hill for a sunset. Not sure if it adds-up. It's going to be really hot! Do think about it.
I agree. I was there in Nov month and it was already warm and tiring for a mid day site-seeing. If you have kids or senior citizen, then plan accordingly because there is lot of walk involved if you plan to visit historical monuments /sites in Hampi. Walk up the Anjanadri hills will be tiring as well so plan it towards evening or early morning if at all it is on your agenda.

If site seeing is your main purpose then I'd suggest you to think about the weather and decide accordingly.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:33   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If site seeing is your main purpose then I'd suggest you to think about the weather and decide accordingly.
Thanks. Noted the point about the weather. Will probably end up doing this trip later in the year when the weather is cooler. However I’m still hoping someone can answer my original question about driving back to Hyatt from Hampi post sundown. My concern is driving a low slung Figo on roads with huge (unmarked?) speed humps and heavy mining truck traffic. And deserted stretches.

Anything else one should watch out for?
Old 13th March 2023, 22:56   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However I’m still hoping someone can answer my original question about driving back to Hyatt from Hampi post sundown. My concern is driving a low slung Figo on roads with huge (unmarked?) speed humps and heavy mining truck traffic. And deserted stretches.
I do not think there are any safety concerns. Hampi is safe.

However, in general, no, it is not a good idea to stay at Hyatt Place and drive back there in the dark after watching sunset from Anjanadri hills. Driving conditions (speedbreakers, unmarked roads and junctions, truck traffic, and in general local traffic in the peak evening hours) will make that drive a bit challenging. Nothing serious. You can do it if you insist, but I would avoid it.

I have stayed at Hyatt Place several times, and each time, rented their own taxi package for visiting Hampi (they have good taxi packages). I do not prefer driving my own car from Hampi to Hyatt Place and vice versa.

Also, recently I have visited Hampi a few times specifically for sunset and sunrise views. Each of those times, I stayed close by the sunset or sunrise points just to avoid this drive in the dark. Royal Orchid Central is one place I stayed twice jut recently. And another place I stayed at in my most recent trip is Heritage Resort, Hampi. That place is ideally located near the common sunset and sunrise points in Hampi. That is a very good resort as well, and I liked that.

However, Anjanadri hills a is a bit away from these places, and you would still need some drive back after sunset. So be careful and plan well.

P.S. And yes, as others rightly mentioned, it will be very hot there in mid-April. That is probably the worst time of the year to visit Hampi.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 13th March 2023 at 23:06. Reason: Added P.S.
Dr.AD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 23:40   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Noted the point about the weather. Will probably end up doing this trip later in the year when the weather is cooler. However I’m still hoping someone can answer my original question about driving back to Hyatt from Hampi post sundown. My concern is driving a low slung Figo on roads with huge (unmarked?) speed humps and heavy mining truck traffic. And deserted stretches.

Anything else one should watch out for?
I stayed in Royal Orchids Central in Hampi and did the Anjanandri hills on the very first day after check in. Started from hotel around 3:30 PM, it was about 50 minutes drive. Roads were excellent and very less traffic. There was a big parking lot at the foothills. Took the steps to the top and visited the famous Anjaneya temple and sunset point. It was dark by the time we came down. Roads were dark, without traffic but safe. After midway, it was usual on and off traffic and village areas so it was not difficult/unsafe. I don't remember encountering big potholes or tall speed breakers. Some patches within the town area were busy but manageable. I am not sure about approach road conditions to Hyatt but I think it is bit off track and you need to plan getting around to popular spots.

Another thing I'd strongly suggest is to hire a knowledgeable guide if you or someone in the family are a history buff and want to do site seeing. There is lot of history and many interesting stories about these monuments. It may be little expensive but worth it.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th March 2023 at 23:47.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 23:55   #899
BHPian

Update from a Journey on the 12th March.

I had to visit Bellary for a family event, below is the route I took,

From Bangalore to Bellary, I took the Bangalore>Tumkur>Hiriyur>Bellary.
  • I left Bangalore at 5:30, reached Bellary at around 10:00 AM. The Road from Hiriyur to Bellary is WIP, however major chunk has been completed, there was minimal traffic on this road. This road is excellent.
I returned the same day, I took the Bellary>Ananthpur>Bangalore on the return journey, I took this route, as I wanted to avoid the Tumkur >Bangalore rush on Sunday evening.
  • I left Bellary at 3:00 PM, and reached home at 8:00 PM. From Bellary to Ananthpur, took a bit of time, as it is a single lane and consistent speeds cannot be maintained. The traffic was not much on the return journey, however, as we neared Devanahalli, the traffic thickened, with the sun down, the speed also slowed down. From Devanahalli to Bangalore, traffic was heavy as usual.
Old 14th March 2023, 09:50   #900
BHPian

Quote:
JLR has a property in Hampi, if you wish to see sloth bears along with other Hampi attractions you can consider this option. When opted they take on Hampi sight seeing, so you have a local guide along to take care of any safety concerns you may have.

https://www.junglelodges.com/resort/...erness-resort/
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks