Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 10:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Hampi road conditions anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Whats the deal with crossing the river?
Even I was thinking of going to Hampi.
Agreed. No need to cross over the river. Go ahead with plans. Lot of water has been released from Thungabhadra reservoir and river will be in spate. Dont venture into river waters.

On the otherhand, this is the time to see the beautiful sight of water gushing out of gates and enormous pool of backwaters. It is so huge that it looks like a sea!!!
Old 9th September 2011, 13:57   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Whats the deal with crossing the river?
Even I was thinking of going to Hampi.
Well. Two reasons. One because of the over-flowing river, the famous restaurant called Mango Tree is shut. Secondly, across the river I wanted to meet few Israeli friends who I met in Bangkok. I've seen the sites couple of years back. So 2/3 things aren't possible, hence leaving for Marvanthe in couple of hours.
Old 5th October 2011, 15:58   #153
BHPian

Hi All,

Bumping this thread again. Am planning a trip to Hampi tomorrow. So what route is better:

1. Blr - Anantpur (Bellary road) - Bellary - Hospet : within this to go through Gooty or take the left to Bellary at Anantpur only?

2. Blr-Tumkur-Hiryur-Challakere-Bellary-Hospet?

Google Maps shows both distances are equal? People have said NH4-SH19-NH63 is good. Is it better than the Anantpur route?

Also what could be possible places to eat on the way for both the routes?

~maniac
Old 5th October 2011, 16:11   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Take this route.

Before Bellary, you'll start driving alongside the railway line (on your left). Around 30-odd kms before Bellary, there's a left turn which will say "Bellary bypass". Take that and you'll be on your way to Hospet. The road is very good.

Without doubt, take the NH4-SH19-NH63 route.

Not many food options once you leave NH4. Just those occasional small dhabas; nothing good.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 12:40   #155
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi/ Bellary

Hi. My parents are planning to temple hop at Hampi this month end. We have number options.

1. Take car from Chennai - Hampi
2. Take Train from Chennai - Guntakal - Take Cab from Guntakal - Hampi
2. Take car from Chennai - Bengaluru (my sisters place) - Hampi
3. Take car from Chennai - Bengaluru - Take train to Hospet
4. Take Train from Chennai - Bengaluru - Take train to Hospet

Which is the best option. Which ever option, Which is the best route/train to take? Pls help.
Old 31st October 2011, 13:03   #156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi/ Bellary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Hi. My parents are planning to temple hop at Hampi this month end. We have number options.

1. Take car from Chennai - Hampi
2. Take Train from Chennai - Guntakal - Take Cab from Guntakal - Hampi
2. Take car from Chennai - Bengaluru (my sisters place) - Hampi
3. Take car from Chennai - Bengaluru - Take train to Hospet
4. Take Train from Chennai - Bengaluru - Take train to Hospet

Which is the best option. Which ever option, Which is the best route/train to take? Pls help.
I would reccomend option 2,though might work out to be expensive.

If its a train option,then I would suggest Chennai-Guntakal.The following trains run between Chennai & Guntakal

11028 – Mumbai Mail arrives in the morning(night from chennai)
1042- Mumbai Express arrives at night in guntakal(not advisable)
12164 – Chennai Express arrives in the afternoon at GTL

From Guntakal to Hospet is approx 100kms and should take them around 2-2.5hours,I would suggest that you get the hotel where your parents are staying to send you a car rather than depending on local hire from the station.

Guntakal-Chennai trains are 11027- Chennai Mail , 11041- CSTM Chennai Express and 12163- Chennai Express.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 31st October 2011 at 13:04.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 17:12   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Hi All,

Bumping this thread again. Am planning a trip to Hampi tomorrow. So what route is better:

1. Blr - Anantpur (Bellary road) - Bellary - Hospet : within this to go through Gooty or take the left to Bellary at Anantpur only?

Google Maps shows both distances are equal? People have said NH4-SH19-NH63 is good. Is it better than the Anantpur route?

Also what could be possible places to eat on the way for both the routes?

~maniac
Dear Serious_Maniac,

Could you provide the latest feedback on the roads on the NH4-SH19-NH63 route? Planning to drive to Hospet/Hampi in December. How long did it take you to get there from Bangalore? Any advice on eating joints en route?
Old 13th November 2011, 19:56   #158
BHPian

The roads are good on this route. It took us 6:30-7:00 hours to reach Hampi. The roads are very good and we were able to reach 110-120 and were able to maintain those speeds for a while. Average speed ~ 60 kmph. Look out for unmarked speed humps.

There arent many places to eat on the way. Best place to take a break is at Kamat outside Bangalore.

~maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
Dear Serious_Maniac,

Could you provide the latest feedback on the roads on the NH4-SH19-NH63 route? Planning to drive to Hospet/Hampi in December. How long did it take you to get there from Bangalore? Any advice on eating joints en route?
serious_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:10   #159
BANNED

I am planning for a hampi weekend as well and i am confused on one of this routes.
Blr-Tumkur-Hiryur-Challakere-Bellary-Hospet or ChitraDurga-Hospet. Which one could be better? I am confused on which one to choose.
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:30   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
Blr-Tumkur-Hiryur-Challakere-Bellary-Hospet
This route is the better one.

Be sure to take the Bellary bypass. It's on the left hand side; you have to cross the railway track to connect to it.
Old 28th November 2011, 10:19   #161
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to drive to Hampi (Hospet) on Dec 10th. Any update on the latest condition of Blr-Tumkur-Hiryur-Challakere-Bellary-Hospet route.
I plan to start at 5:00 AM from Brookefields (Kundalahalli). Where can I stop for break fast.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:44   #162
Senior - BHPian

We are planning a weekend trip to Hampi. Could you please guide what and where to? We are family with kids so preference is drive to reach destinations.

Heard Thungabadra reservoir and Hampi remnants of the ancient civilization is what is the place of interest. Any other pointers? Renebennur Black buck sanctuary is any good to be added?

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th November 2011 at 13:30. Reason: removed the font tags
Old 30th November 2011, 10:46   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
We are planning a weekend trip to Hampi. Could you please guide what and where to? We are family with kids so preference is drive to reach destinations.

Heard Thungabadra reservoir and Hampi [COLOR=black][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']remnants of the ancient civilization is what is the place of interest. Any other pointers? Renebennur Black buck sanctuary is any good to be added?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Hey, there are tons of TLs on Hampi for you to have a general glimpse of the place. Here is mine : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ire-hampi.html

Based on your preference, you can decide which places to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I am planning to drive to Hampi (Hospet) on Dec 10th. Any update on the latest condition of Blr-Tumkur-Hiryur-Challakere-Bellary-Hospet route.
I plan to start at 5:00 AM from Brookefields (Kundalahalli). Where can I stop for break fast.
There are plenty places to stop while you're on NH4. Once you get off, there is none.

So, you can stop at the Kamath/CCD on NH4; they are about 70kms from Bangalore.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 13:22   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Heard Thungabadra reservoir and Hampi [COLOR=black][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']remnants of the ancient civilization is what is the place of interest. Any other pointers? Renebennur Black buck sanctuary is any good to be added?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Hotels to book:

- KSDTC Mayur at Hampi
- Malligi at Hospet
- If you want to splurge, Royal Orchid
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 13:44   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Heard Thungabadra reservoir and Hampi remnants of the ancient civilization is what is the place of interest. Any other pointers? Renebennur Black buck sanctuary is any good to be added?
Jacs,

Thungabhadra reservoir is nice place to be. I have been there September. But I had to drive back to Bangalore and hence left the place by 18:00hrs. There is some musical fountains there. Probably the shows is by 18:30 or so.

Staying at KSTDC is better, online booking is possible. It is very near to the ruins and its easier. Hospet to Hampi drive takes time, as I felt it was crowded. KSTDC worked for us and I'd suggest that.

Hampi to see leisurely will take some days, but a crash course is possible with 1 to 1.5 days. Key points are the Ganesha idols, Immersed Shivalinga, Narasimha statue, Vittala temple, Virupaksha Temple, Lotus Mahal, Elephant Stables, Hazara Rama Temple etc.. Staying at KSTDC will help you for a crash course. Guides are available in plenty.

If you still have time some 30KM away there is a Bear Sanctuary. Else add Pattadakkal, Aihole, Badami loop.

Roads were pretty much OK when I visited, except the huge humps near rannebennur which takes you by surprise.

Have a great trip.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks