Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 12:32   #196
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi/ Bellary

Fellow T-bhpians
I am traveling to Hampti this weekend. Regarding directions on google maps i am getting 3 options
  1. NH 7 - Through Anantapur
  2. NH4 - Bellary Hiriyur Road
  3. NH7 - Bangalore Hyderabad Road

Please let me know which is the best route to take (road condition wise).
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ronald
Old 15th February 2012, 14:59   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Fellow T-bhpians
I am traveling to Hampti this weekend. Regarding directions on google maps i am getting 3 options
  1. NH 7 - Through Anantapur
  2. NH4 - Bellary Hiriyur Road
  3. NH7 - Bangalore Hyderabad Road

Thanks in advance
Regards
Ronald
None of above routes.
Take the Bangalore-NH4-Nelamangala-Tumkur-Hiriyur-Chitradurga-NH13-Kudligi-Hospet-Hampi route
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 15:24   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
As HVK mentioned, do take the Hyderabad highway (NH7).
Instead go on NH4 till Chitradurga and then take the NH13. Earlier it was not in a good state
and hence folks divert from Hiriyur to a state highway. But now its good take the NH13.

But do note, you dont get a good hotel on the NH13.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 20:34   #199
BHPian

I am planning to go to Sringeri from Hyderabad. My options are as follows:

1. Hyd - Sringeri drive
2. Hyd-Bangalore-Sringeri drive
3. Hyd-Sringeri train journey
4. Any other option.

This trip has been long pending because of connectivity issues. Earlier my U-VA has worn out tyres and therefore did not do a trip and now have a new car and do not want to trek on bad stretches. Folks, please suggest the best option.

Thanks.
Old 15th February 2012, 22:29   #200
Team-BHP Support

You can definitely drive. But I would suggest you to club the same with a Chikkamagulur visit.

D1 : Drive to CKM
D2/D3 : CKM.
D3: Drive to Sringeri by noon to reach by evening
D4 Start back to Bangalore.
D5 : BLR - HYD.

That would make it a stress buster.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:43   #201
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Hampi road conditions anyone??

I am planning to drive down to Hampi (for the first time) and would appreciate inputs on the following:

1. Best route/Road conditions/(current) and Average time taken to reach Hampi from Bangalore.
2. Good hotel to stay.
3. I am planning to start on a Saturday early morning from Bangalore and start back from Hampi to Bangalore on the next day (Sunday) late in the evening so that I can reach back Bangalore in the midnight and report back to work on Monday Morning. Is this short time frame fair enough to enjoy all the sights of Hampi (technically half day of Saturday and more than half day of Sunday)?

Thanks for your replies!
Old 7th May 2012, 12:51   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I am planning to drive down to Hampi (for the first time) and would appreciate inputs on the following:

1. Best route/Road conditions/(current) and Average time taken to reach Hampi from Bangalore.
2. Good hotel to stay.
3. I am planning to start on a Saturday early morning from Bangalore and start back from Hampi to Bangalore on the next day (Sunday) late in the evening so that I can reach back Bangalore in the midnight and report back to work on Monday Morning. Is this short time frame fair enough to enjoy all the sights of Hampi (technically half day of Saturday and more than half day of Sunday)?

Thanks for your replies!
I'm not sure about the route, but as regards staying options, Hotel Malligi is one of the best. It has adequate car parking and decent food. Ensure you ask for the cheaper rooms, as they invariably try to lure you into the new block that has costlier rooms.Assuming you reaach by afternoon, you can freshen up and drive to the Tungabhadra dam that is less than 10 kms away and enjoy the evening view.On Sunday morning, have early breakfast and drive down to Hampi that is around 15 kms away. Make sure you hire a guide (a tight squeeze if you car is full). He can take you to all the important spots in half a day. We paid Rs 500 for his services 2 years ago. Please be aware that you will be lost without a guide, and the place is a maze. Further, if you want to see each and every spot, you need to spend a full day. In our case, we finished by noon, and returned to the hotel for lunch, after which we drove down to Shimoga.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th May 2012 at 12:55.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:04   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Best route remains Bangalore->Hiriyur->Challakere->Bellary Bypass->Hospet. Be sure to take the Bellary bypass; it's a tiny marking on your left when the road runs parallel to the railway line. IIRC, it is about 30kms before Bellary town.

You could anywhere around 6-7 hours depending on your speed and no. of stops.

Quote:
2. Good hotel to stay.
You could either stay in a KTDC resort in Hampi or Hotel Malligi in Hospet. Hotel Malligi is the best bet.

Quote:
To be honest, you need ~3 days (including travel) to actually visit and enjoy every place.

Please note that it will be extremely hot there so carry adequate sun-protection and water once you're sightseeing. And yea, do hire a guide.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:35   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. Good hotel to stay.

Thanks for your replies!

I would also recommend Hotel Malligi in Hospet. I have covered Hampi over the weekend. It is very much possible unless you have a great interest and knowledge about ancient sculptures and architecture. You also don't need to hire a guide. All places are nearby and you can explore them yourself with a map (which is available in Hampi).
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 14:42   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. Good hotel to stay.

Thanks for your replies!
Just adding to what others above have mentioned. I would recommend minimum two days if not three as libran has rightly mentioned. It will be damn hot between 11 AM and 4 PM and advise not to venture out. This means, the time to see places gets limited to before 11 AM - which is actually the best time a most monuments open by 7 AM and there will not be rush - or after 4 PM. As most monumets close by 6 PM, this leaves with little window. Hence, Minimum two - three days will be helpful. Your plan of leaving on Saturday and returning on Sunday does not help at all.

Last edited by Fauji : 7th May 2012 at 14:43.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 16:03   #206
Team-BHP Support

Do note that nowadays the NH13 situation has improved tremendously. Many members have taken this option and were happy with its current status.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 19:04   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm not sure about the route, but as regards staying options, Hotel Malligi .......... We paid Rs 500 for his services 2 years ago. Please be aware that you will be lost without a guide, and the place is a maze. Further, if you want to see each and every spot, you need to spend a full day. In our case, we finished by noon, and returned to the hotel for lunch, after which we drove down to Shimoga.
@lazybrain,
In addition to what vnabhi says, you may also get a guide at Hampi- from the Hampi Bus terminus. We paid 1500 for a full day pact. But, the guy was honest and never tried to avoid any site/monument.

If you do not get accommodation in Malligi, let me know. I will dig out the name of the hotel we had stayed.

While in Hampi, be sure to have lunch at Mango Tree. You'd never forget it!
animdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 19:24   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Reg the route, a friend recently went through NH7, and found it quick & easy. 6 hours relaxed drive upto Bellary.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:52   #209
BHPian

Hi, I might have to go to Gangawati this weekend.

I have some work in Bellary and Daroji en-route.

So, I presume my best route would be Hiriyur-Bellary-Daroji-Kampli and Gangawati.

I know the road conditionas from Gangawati to Daroji, but I hope the Hiriyur-Bellary stretch is good ?!

Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:08   #210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I know the road conditionas from Gangawati to Daroji, but I hope the Hiriyur-Bellary stretch is good ?!
I am told that Chitradurga-Hospet NH13 condition has improved dramatically.
Its worth taking this NH too.

Ref:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2663661

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks