Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 17:54   #526
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning Delhi- Mumbai by road, any clue if the Maharashtra borders r clogged due to the recent screening of passengers from 4 states while entering MH ? Anyone entered MH in the last 2-3 days by road ?
Did you do this trip? I am leaving for Mumbai from G.Noida on the 5th of December. I just want to know how long are the queues at the border? I plan to cross into MH in the middle of the night if the queues are long!
Old 30th November 2020, 21:00   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I am leaving for Mumbai from G.Noida on the 5th of December.
Wouldn't you be better off taking the MP route while this guideline is in place? You'll have lot less vehicles being screened coming via NH3 than the GQ.
Old 1st December 2020, 03:12   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Wouldn't you be better off taking the MP route while this guideline is in place? You'll have lot less vehicles being screened coming via NH3 than the GQ.
Yes, UP-MP-MH route would be ideal. Midway point on MP route is Indore which is a cool 12 to 13 hrs away. To reach Indore by evening considering the isolated patches on this route, i'll have to make an early start. Fog has started to settle down in the region and I want to avoid being on YEW in the early AM as much as possible.
Old 1st December 2020, 07:47   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Pinto View Post
I also have a plan to drive through Maharashtra from Navsari to Mangalore in December 2020. i want to know actual condition on road at the border-crossings
My BIL traveled on 25th Nov from Mumbai > M'lore via Belgaum - Hubli - Kumta. No check at border crossings. Roads were good all throughout.
Old 1st December 2020, 13:29   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

People from Tamil Nadu, what's with the ePass for passengers travelling by air? I booked tickets for my uncle today as he has an appointment with his Cardiologist at SRMC, Chennai. I was asked by the airline to fill up epass which was one of the most useless ones I've ever come across! How would I know which municipal zone of Chennai the area I'm visiting falls into? Another one is how do i know the name and number of the driver of the cab I'll be hiring from airport? That's insane to say the least. Whoever has made that epass form doesn't believe that people from other states who are not resident of TN will be visiting it. Is the epass still required? What really pissed me was I was asked to furnish details of the address they'll be staying at, and it was to include the exact street name. If you can't fill it, the epass is not accepted. That's plain atrocity for outsiders.

It's really sad if such techniques are used to limit visitors who are in need of medical help.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 17:28   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My BIL traveled on 25th Nov from Mumbai > M'lore
The above queries are because there are separate MH guidelines for visitors from GJ, RJ, DL and GA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
If you can't fill it, the epass is not accepted.
Its been registration only since July. There are neither rejections nor are reports of actual contact tracing based on the details provided.

You are doing it as a matter of formality.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:59   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My BIL traveled on 25th Nov from Mumbai > M'lore via Belgaum - Hubli - Kumta. No check at border crossings. Roads were good all throughout.
I need to know entry restrictions on GJ to MH border. There was a notification concerning people from DL, RJ, GJ and GA entering MH.
In my case it will only be a drive through MH
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:49   #533
BHPian

Quote:
I need to know entry restrictions on GJ to MH border. There was a notification concerning people from DL, RJ, GJ and GA entering MH.
From reliable sources I have got to know that for interstate travel to MH from GJ, the authorities are screening through temperature guns only at the moment. If anybody is found with symptoms then they shall be isolated and may have to undergo a quick RTPCR test. The results may take upto 6 hours. Until such time you shall not be allowed to cross the border. A safe bet would be to do the test and carry the results if you wouldn't want to be stopped. A GJ registered car could be on the radar at any of the checkpost/nakabandis even while driving through Maharashtra. TC and travel safe.
InsaneSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:33   #534
BHPian

Quote:
As per the latest guidelines, there cannot be any restriction for interstate travel as well as no need for any registrations.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...umGWKN4MI.html

A quote from the above article.

The home ministry guidelines said that there shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods, including those for cross land-border trade under treaties with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movements.
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:08   #535
BANNED

The regulations are changing on a day to day basis. So avoid travel unless you must.
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:52   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
As per the latest guidelines, there cannot be any restriction for interstate travel as well as no need for any registrations.
.[/i]
I don't think State governments r toeing the center's line.. the way it is being interpreted is, travel is allowed, but screening is still the state's prerogative..

Anyone flying in from Chandigarh into MH? Are the screenings applicable to the 4 states extended to passengers from Punjab?

Any feedback on MH to MP routes wrt the Covid related checks and stuff?

Last edited by Aditya : 4th December 2020 at 22:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 4th December 2020, 11:25   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.sub82 View Post
Any feedback on MH to MP routes wrt the Covid related checks and stuff?
No CoViD related checks, however be aware that few cities (Indore, Bhopal, Ratlam, Gwalior) have 9 pm curfew. So make sure you reach your destination before that.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 15:54   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
No CoViD related checks, however be aware that few cities (Indore, Bhopal, Ratlam, Gwalior) have 9 pm curfew. So make sure you reach your destination before that.
Thanks.. I won't be touching those cities on my way, but since you mention, do night curfews also apply for someone passing via say the bypasses?
Old 8th December 2020, 14:59   #539
BHPian

Hi,

Any quarantine rules for people travelling to Ladakh or Uttarakhand from Bangalore.
Planning for a visit to Ladakh in Dec 2020. Most of them have Covid-19 test reports prior to 72 hours of travel.
Old 9th December 2020, 11:16   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Did you do this trip? I am leaving for Mumbai from G.Noida on the 5th of December. I just want to know how long are the queues at the border? I plan to cross into MH in the middle of the night if the queues are long!
what was your experience at the GJ-MH border at Talasari?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks