Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 11:35   #2911
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Nothing scheduled then as far as I can see. Check for the situation closer to the date.

Got this message on WhatsApp, any credibility regarding this picture ??

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-8ffeb57d3f6548c989cf7f73615f086e.jpeg
Old 6th April 2018, 12:01   #2912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Got this message on WhatsApp, any credibility regarding this picture ??
It was a bandh in TN yesterday which was connected to kaveri river issue. So, KA vehicles were blocked at the border. Situation is normal today.
Old 10th April 2018, 13:03   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing scheduled then as far as I can see. Check for the situation closer to the date.

These Bandhs and protests are getting me worried. I have a stay booked in Pondicherry from 23rd April to 30th April 2018. My family is flying to Chennai and I am driving from Mumbai.

The plan is to leave on 22nd April and stay at Krishnagiri (Hotel already booked) and on 23rd April pickup family from Chennai Airport (1PM) and head to Pondicherry.

My car is Maharashtra passing. Should I be worried? or Should I travel Via Hyderabad which is a longer route.
Old 10th April 2018, 13:17   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
My car is Maharashtra passing. Should I be worried? or Should I travel Via Hyderabad which is a longer route.
I don't think there is anything to worry about, now. The latest request from the supreme court asks both states to keep calm. I expect peace will be maintained till May 3.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 11:55   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I don't think there is anything to worry about, now. The latest request from the supreme court asks both states to keep calm. I expect peace will be maintained till May 3.
Any update on the situation? Are there people right now in Chennai with KA-registered vehicles? Or anyone who travelled recently? Is it safe to do a BLR-MAA-BLR drive in the next few days?

Thanks and cheers
Old 12th April 2018, 13:08   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Any update on the situation? Are there people right now in Chennai with KA-registered vehicles? Or anyone who travelled recently? Is it safe to do a BLR-MAA-BLR drive in the next few days?

Thanks and cheers
Would strongly recommend not to travel in KA registered car at this juncture. There are few pro-tamil groups that can hound you. If it is not urgent, suggest you to wait it out for a couple of weeks and assess the situation before taking a call.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 13:22   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Would strongly recommend not to travel in KA registered car at this juncture. There are few pro-tamil groups that can hound you. If it is not urgent, suggest you to wait it out for a couple of weeks and assess the situation before taking a call.
I traveled to Bangalore today morning in a KA registered car from Chennai. It was quiet and there were no issues. I won’t be returning with this car though, I’m selling it off here.
Old 12th April 2018, 13:35   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
I traveled to Bangalore today morning in a KA registered car from Chennai. It was quiet and there were no issues. I won’t be returning with this car though, I’m selling it off here.
Agreed hserus. The problem is you can never predict what's going to happen especially when it involves Kaveri. And PM is in Chennai. So would be better to ride it out for couple of weeks when this will die it's natural death.
Old 12th April 2018, 15:31   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there is anything to worry about, now.
Quote:
Any update on the situation?
I think I spoke too soon. There is still trouble, sufficient enough to deter one from driving through TN. I am more or less resigned to drive through Gudalur for my Kerala trip tomorrow.
Old 12th April 2018, 16:05   #2920
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks and cheers
You can confidently do it. I have not read or seen, about any damages caused to any private vehicles, even during the days of bandh. The only pictures I had seen were 3 or 4 broken windshields of buses which were running during bandh.

So you need not have any unnecessary worries.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 16:38   #2921
BHPian

A container lorry broken down and is lying on the road and the Bangalore to Chennai / Salem is blocked and traffic is piling up. FYI
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 16:39   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
I think I spoke too soon. There is still trouble, sufficient enough to deter one from driving through TN. I am more or less resigned to drive through Gudalur for my Kerala trip tomorrow.
Do you still need to worry if you start @ 3 AM, and take the Krishnagiri > Salem > Coimbatore > Palakkad route? You would most probably cross Walayar by 7.30 or 8 AM.
Old 13th April 2018, 11:10   #2923
Senior - BHPian

There are quite a few KA cars that commute to work on a daily basis, don't see any issues. Am not sure about the highway, but within the city, there hasn't been any incidents involving KA cars.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 20:36   #2924
BHPian

Any suggestions on the restaurants for someone starting around 6am from Bangalore E-city (destination: Chennai). Likewise, the options for the return trip (would be starting around 11AM from Chennai T-nagar area, I assume).

Thank you.
Old 13th April 2018, 20:51   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Any suggestions on the restaurants for someone starting around 6am from Bangalore E-city (destination: Chennai). Likewise, the options for the return trip (would be starting around 11AM from Chennai T-nagar area, I assume).

Thank you.
Sai Sangeet both ways. From Bangalore - between Ambur and Vaniyambadi. From Chennai - just past the Wallaja toll.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed