Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2011, 12:09   #346
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Have you tried motel highway before pallikonda toll gate? I have had around 3 times and decent food. Toilets are clean as well.
I have gone to Deepam hotel which is before pallikonda toll gate. Where is this motel highway as i dont remember see it? If it is good i'll i try this.
Old 20th February 2011, 09:09   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I have gone to Deepam hotel which is before pallikonda toll gate. Where is this motel highway as i dont remember see it? If it is good i'll i try this.
Am also referring to same hotel. I remember seeing the name as motel deepam highway. Guess it is Deepam hotel only. Thei north Indian meals is quite good
Old 20th February 2011, 14:54   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Am also referring to same hotel. I remember seeing the name as motel deepam highway. Guess it is Deepam hotel only. Thei north Indian meals is quite good
I guessed it should be the same, but wanted to get it confirmed from you. I have been going there for the past 3 years and comparatively, it is not good as it was initially.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:06   #349
Senior - BHPian

How is the 'multi-cusine restaurant' that is just past Vaniyambadi toll coming from Bangalore ? Just wondering if it has decent veg food.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:42   #350
Senior - BHPian

Need to travel from Bangalore to Tambaram on Wednesday early morning.Google maps suggests deviating from GQ at SriPerumbadur and going via Manimangalam to Tambaram on SH110. Any idea about the condition of this road ?

Also any suggestions for a decent hotel around the Tambaram area ? (with a tariff of around 2K or so for an A/c double room)
Old 21st February 2011, 11:44   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Need to travel from Bangalore to Tambaram on Wednesday early morning.Google maps suggests deviating from GQ at SriPerumbadur and going via Manimangalam to Tambaram on SH110. Any idea about the condition of this road ?

Also any suggestions for a decent hotel around the Tambaram area ? (with a tariff of around 2K or so for an A/c double room)
I would say take the Porur road. Drive till bypass road over bridge crossing (near the waterbody) and hop on to it.
But yes its big round about. Maybe others can suggest better (Not aware of the local roads from Sri Peramabudur)

Last edited by ampere : 21st February 2011 at 11:47.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:51   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say take the Porur road. Drive till bypass road over bridge crossing (near the waterbody) and hop on to it.
But yes its big round about. Maybe others can suggest better (Not aware of the local roads from Sri Peramabudur)
That looks quite roundabout on the map - around 48kms to Tambaram instead of 24 via Manimangalam. Do you think it will save me some time ?
Old 21st February 2011, 12:15   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Hotel GrandPalace 5 kms from Tambaram when you go towards Airport on GST.
Hotel SreeBhavan - Velachery Main Road at CampRoad junction.
Hotel Henkala - West Tambaram
Please enquire for the price, should be in the 2K range. However, there are many small hotels in West Tambaram.
Old 21st February 2011, 12:19   #354
BHPian

Quote:
That looks quite roundabout on the map - around 48kms to Tambaram instead of 24 via Manimangalam. Do you think it will save me some time ?
If the route is via Kundrathur, then the current conditions are bit bad. Lots of speed breakers on the way.

Why not try the bypass from Maduravayol? Good roads all the way.
Old 21st February 2011, 12:50   #355
BHPian

You can try Kundrathur route. I do this stretch regularly and there are few bad stretches and few speed breaker when nearing Kundrathur. These bad stretches will slow down your speed but definitely drivable. From Kundrathur junction take Kundrathur-> Palavaram road and just before Anakaputhur you have a ramp to join the Tambaram bypass.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:06   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Hotel GrandPalace 5 kms from Tambaram when you go towards Airport on GST.
Hotel SreeBhavan - Velachery Main Road at CampRoad junction.
Hotel Henkala - West Tambaram
Please enquire for the price, should be in the 2K range. However, there are many small hotels in West Tambaram.
Thanks ramanan. Will check out Grand Palace / Henkala

Quote:
If the route is via Kundrathur, then the current conditions are bit bad. Lots of speed breakers on the way.

Why not try the bypass from Maduravayol? Good roads all the way.
No, the route via Kunrathur is marked as SH113 on GM. The road I'm referring to is SH110 which branches off from SH113 about 2kms from Sriperumbudur and goes via Manimangalam and Mudichur to Tambaram.

The distance from Sriperumbudur to Tambaram is approx. 24 kms on this road, and through the Kunrathur - Palavaram it is about 35 kms. Going via Maduravayol would probably be 50+ kms. Not sure if that would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
You can try Kundrathur route. I do this stretch regularly and there are few bad stretches and few speed breaker when nearing Kundrathur. These bad stretches will slow down your speed but definitely drivable. From Kundrathur junction take Kundrathur-> Palavaram road and just before Anakaputhur you have a ramp to join the Tambaram bypass.
Thanks. Will keep this option in mind if the reports about the other road is not good. If SH110 is totally unknown territory, I'll probably try out that route while going, and if it is bad will use this one for the return journey.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:01   #357
BANNED

Chennai Bangalore -CAR POOL

Hi All,

I am going to bangalore on 26th feb around 5am and will return back to chennai on sunday post lunch.

I am going by Swift Diesel and if anyone is interested to join me ,we can share the diesel cost.

Please PM me

Thanks !
Old 24th February 2011, 16:58   #358
BHPian

i am travelling to Chennai from BLR over the weekend

how do i reach triplicane from Sriperambadur?
is it advisable to take NH4 or should i take SH113 and go thru Kunrathur and Alwarthirunagari ??

i have heard of many buses taking the Chittoor route.

what state is that currently in now?
Old 24th February 2011, 19:31   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangan View Post
how do i reach triplicane from Sriperambadur?
Straight forward route - Sriperumbadur - Poonamallee Byepass - SRMC - Porur - Guindy - Anna Univ - Adyar - Beach Road - Santhome - Triplicane. Ensure you hit Madras during non-peak hours. Traffic will ease during weekends. More delay will be only @ Guindy as CMRL works are going on. The min travel time will be 1.5 hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangan View Post
i have heard of many buses taking the Chittoor route.
what state is that currently in now?
KA/AP border till Walajapet is 2laned with occasional potholes. Not so great compared to GQ.
Old 24th February 2011, 19:53   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Straight forward route - Sriperumbadur - Poonamallee Byepass - SRMC - Porur - Guindy - Anna Univ - Adyar - Beach Road - Santhome - Triplicane. Ensure you hit Madras during non-peak hours.
Rangan! Take this route only if you are sure of routes in Chennai (or at least a rough idea of Chennai) and have no issues with language. A simple but traffic prone (multiple traffic signals) route would be continue on Poonamallee bye-pass to use the Poonamallee High road all the way till Central (on your left) take a right opposite to it, cross the bridge, take a right, pass the new Secretariat building after crossing a signal and take a left to reach Triplicane.

Most Viewed