Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:14   #2176
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
As of today, i think the best alternate to avoid the Ranipet-Sriperumbudur bad stretch is to go via Chittoor-Nagari-Tiruttani-Tiruvallur and join Poonamalle where road conditions are far better.

https://goo.gl/maps/7VPABLPKwXS2

This would be my route when the 6L work actively starts in full swing.

-Ravi
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Options to avoid Ranipet-Sriperumbudur route would be via Chittoor, Pallipettu, Nagari, Tirutanni and Tiruvallur. The other option would be via Chittoor, Sholinghur, Tirutanni and Tiruvallur. I have driven on the former route before. Very good roads all the way.
Considering that Chittoor's Lady Mayor was assassinated a couple of days ago by someone driving a KA car, I wonder if it's safe to use this route for a little while.

Cheers
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:10   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I wonder if it's safe to use this route for a little while.
I dont think there is any unrest against KA vehicles due to the same. Also, it is few days since the incident happened. My colleague had driven in his KA registered car through Chitoor yesterday and reports no issues.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 14:32   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Options to avoid Ranipet-Sriperumbudur route would be via Chittoor, Pallipettu, Nagari, Tirutanni and Tiruvallur. The other option would be via Chittoor, Sholinghur, Tirutanni and Tiruvallur. I have driven on the former route before. Very good roads all the way.
I heard that some areas at Tirutanni are water-logged. So, is this route okay now?

Furthermore, is it all 6-lane or 4-lane roads?

Would it be possible to take krishnagiri-vellore route, and then take detour to byepass rainpet-sriperumbathur?

Finally, what would be the ideal route to get to Mount Road. Found a crowd-sourced map w.r.t water logged areas. Here
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:47   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
I heard that some areas at Tirutanni are water-logged. So, is this route okay now?

Furthermore, is it all 6-lane or 4-lane roads?

Would it be possible to take krishnagiri-vellore route, and then take detour to byepass rainpet-sriperumbathur?

Finally, what would be the ideal route to get to Mount Road. Found a crowd-sourced map w.r.t water logged areas. Here
Not sure about the current road conditions in Tiruvallur-Tirutanni. The Tiruvallur-Tiruthanni stretch is a wide 2 lane tolled road. The Nagari-Paliipettu-Chittoor route is also a very good 2 lane road to drive
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:19   #2180

Mod note: Post Edited. Please use proper punctuation. Thanks.

Planning on a drive tomorrow morning from chennai to Bangalore, been pouring today the whole day here, what's the best route to take? Also have a Delhi registered vehicle, any issues???

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd November 2015 at 21:55.
Old 24th November 2015, 16:43   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Update of road conditions between Chennai and Vellore.
Happened to go to Vellore and return last night. The roads between Chennai and the second toll booth can't be called a toll road at all( Forget GQ). The roads are full of potholes which wont even let you go over 80kmph in peace.
The potholes IMO is manageable since its only the top layer of tar disintegrating. The tar layers beneath it are in good condition and seems to be of higher quality than the top layer. These potholes are not like the ones in Kerala where you can literally find pits on the road .
The roads from Chennai to Vellore gets progressively worse with the number of potholes per km increasing gradually. On the way back, the roads from the second toll booth till Kanchipuram was very bad, with deep potholes in between. From Kanchipuram to Sriperumbudur, it was much better with fewer potholes. From Sriperumbudur onwards we felt like we reached the moon. There wasn't any roads. There were only craters created by stagnant water and worsened by overloaded trucks.
In between Saveetha Dental College and the 400ft road, don't be surprised if you find yourself crawling. The roads at a junction there is so bad that all the vehicles slow down. The situation is made worse as vehicles in the service lane( and some busy crossroad) take advantage and cross the road.
It took 3 hours one way. That's 50% more than usual. There was heavy rainfall on the way. This fills all the potholes with water making things very difficult. We also noticed that due to the rains there were hardly any vehicles on the road during the night, which made life easier.
To all those who are traveling this way, have a happy and a safe journey.
Regards
Turbohead
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 11:27   #2182
BHPian

Has anyone done Bangalore, Chittoor, Sholinghur, Tirutanni and Tiruvallur, Chennai recently? Am planning for a trip to Chennai this weekend in this route. Since Vellore Ranipet stretch is anyways very bad, planned this way, so could have the temple visit at Sholingur (Long pending for parents). Am afraid how the Chitoor stretch will be after the heavy rains. Any inputs will help
Old 25th November 2015, 19:22   #2183
csn

Update on road conditions Chennai-Bangalore

Started from Ramapuram at 6.20 am. The recent rains have left lot of craters on the road and is really bad between Kanchipuram to Ranipet. Since traffic was low, I was able to zig zag to avoid potholes. Reached Vellore by 9am after a 30 minutes break at Murugan Idli Shop for breakfast.

From Vellore roads are good and was able to reach Hosur by 11.30am. Hosur to Brookefield took me almost two hours.; traffic on Hosur Road till Silk Board was a nightmare.
Old 26th November 2015, 11:27   #2184
BHPian

Any recent update on Chittoor, Sholinghur, Tirutanni and Tiruvallur. I plan to travel to chennai on Saturday morning from North Bangalore. And my destination would be Perambur. Any pointers on the best way to reach Perambur closer to Chennai. I hear more rain predicted for the weekend
Old 28th November 2015, 07:54   #2185
BHPian

I am starting in the same route now in half an hour. Chitoor, Sholingur, Tiruttani and Tiruvallur and chennai
Old 28th November 2015, 21:48   #2186
BHPian

I reached chennai via chitoor, Sholingur, Arakonam, Tiruvallur. The Tiruttani route is closed due to repairs. Until Sholingur the road is a breeze except a small stretch after palamneru. However, Arakonam to Tiruvallur route is very bad. Also from poonamlae the road has lot of pot holes and severe traffic. Poonamalae to Anna Nagar took almost 2 hours :(. Not sure why
Old 28th November 2015, 23:02   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
I reached chennai via chitoor, Sholingur, Arakonam, Tiruvallur. The Tiruttani route is closed due to repairs. Until Sholingur the road is a breeze except a small stretch after palamneru. However, Arakonam to Tiruvallur route is very bad. Also from poonamlae the road has lot of pot holes and severe traffic. Poonamalae to Anna Nagar took almost 2 hours :(. Not sure why
Is the Tiruvallur-Tirutanni NH closed for repairs??. Did you try the Chittoor-Pallipetu-Nagari-Tirutanni route. We do have good roads on this route.
Old 29th November 2015, 06:15   #2188
BHPian

Yes that's what I heard and asked to take Arakonam. I will try the one you mentioned while returning
Old 30th November 2015, 08:33   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Folks
Does anyone have update on the route shown below Via Chittoor, Ponnai, Sholinghur, Arakkonma, Takkolam, Nemili and Sriperumbudur to Chennai now that it is not worh taking the road post Chennasamudram toll??

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-chennai-route.png
Old 30th November 2015, 20:57   #2190
BHPian

I am driving to Chennai from BTM layout on Sunday, December 6th at 9:00 AM. I will be taking the Krishnagiri, Vellore... route. How is the road conditions after the rain? What is the best route, post Ranipet? Appreciate your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks