Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:06   #2026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post

I would strongly suggest you to break after exiting NICE road. Even better if you can drag yourself to Hosur, or Electronics City at the most.
Thanks for the info! So I'm guessing traffic's a deal breaker in the Hosur/ electronics city area? It'll be a Monday morning at the start of day two. If it's a rush hour thing maybe I could delay till eleven in the morning to start off. Lot of places to break for the night near ring road/ electronics city area?
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:12   #2027
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
Thanks for the info! So I'm guessing traffic's a deal breaker in the Hosur/ electronics city area? It'll be a Monday morning at the start of day two. If it's a rush hour thing maybe I could delay till eleven in the morning to start off. Lot of places to break for the night near ring road/ electronics city area?
That is correct! Like I said, if it is Monday morning, if you could get to Hosur, all the better! There is a Sarovar Portico in Hosur. If you prefer to stay in Electronic City, I believe OYO is present there.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 09:39   #2028
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
I'm planning a Goa to Chennai trip by road next month. And it's pretty much straight forward, till Bangalore!
I see a lot of information about what is read as NICE ring road, on Google maps, that seems to bypass(?) Bangalore city. I plan my first day of travel till there, or almost till there depending on a decent place for an overnight halt. Bangalore to Chennai I'll take the GQ.
From Tumkur Road, spot the NICE road entry correctly and take the toll for Hosur Road. The entry is on the service road and easy to miss, keep a watch it is somewhere near the Himalaya factory and the Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC). And when you exit NICE road, proceed in the direction/ramp towards the Hosur side, other side will take you into Bangalore city!

Last edited by NPV : 24th June 2015 at 09:43.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:54   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Driving from Bangalore to Chennai tomorrow afternoon. My destination is Arcot Road - near Vadapalani / Kodambakkam. Since I'll be reaching there during the high traffic evening time, can the experts here suggest which would be the most optimum route to take after Sriperumbudur ? How bad would be the Poonamalle bypass-Maduravoyal-Arumbakkam Flyover -Vadapalani route ?

Also for my return journey on Friday afternoon I would be starting from near Chennai airport. So would the route via Tambaram-Manimangalam-Sriperumbudur be the better option ?
Old 1st July 2015, 19:04   #2030
Senior - BHPian

It is the most direct route for you - poonamallee bypass -> arcot road - vadapalani. And mostly quite broad roads most of the way. You COULD try to drive in further into poonamallee high road -> turn at ayyapanthangal I guess and go on to the ashok pillar, but the traffic is going to be even more horrendous so don't.

For the return - tambaram is where most evening buses to mofussil areas start from. If you are going sometime later in the evening, don't. Else what you suggest is viable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Driving from Bangalore to Chennai tomorrow afternoon. My destination is Arcot Road - near Vadapalani / Kodambakkam. Since I'll be reaching there during the high traffic evening time, can the experts here suggest which would be the most optimum route to take after Sriperumbudur ? How bad would be the Poonamalle bypass-Maduravoyal-Arumbakkam Flyover -Vadapalani route ?

Also for my return journey on Friday afternoon I would be starting from near Chennai airport. So would the route via Tambaram-Manimangalam-Sriperumbudur be the better option ?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:37   #2031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Driving from Bangalore to Chennai tomorrow afternoon.
Just a heads up. I had driven to Chennai around 10 days back and was stopped in Chennai (Nelson Manickam Road) due to my KA registration. Apart from regular documents and license, was asked to show PUC Cert and also toll receipts. Felt like it was in retaliation to the Non KA drive in Bangalore . The inspector was very polite and let me go as I had everything in order and my PUC was also less than a week old.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:04   #2032
Distinguished - BHPian

Route mentioned by Hserus is the least confusing one. No matter which route you select, do not select the one which pass through Poonamalle.

In case you are new to Chennai, do keep left as you approach Poonamalle flyover, it is very easy to miss the left turn and continue on the flyover. Almost like the left exit on KR Puram flyover in Bangalore.

For reaching Vadapalani, the fastest route from Poonamalle flyover is this.

However, the last part of the same can be confusing, hence you can take the Arumbakkam flyover.
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:16   #2033
Distinguished - BHPian

Might be driving to Yercaud tomorrow. Anything that I need to lookout for in the Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch? Last time I traveled on this road was more than an year ago and there was road work in progress

Last edited by procrj : 3rd July 2015 at 16:18.
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:41   #2034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Might be driving to Yercaud tomorrow. Anything that I need to lookout for in the Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch? Last time I traveled on this road was more than an year ago and there was road work in progress
Its in much-much better shape than what it would have been last year. Almost all the 6-lane works have been completed.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 19:33   #2035
Senior - BHPian

Just returned from Bangalore-Kanchipuram-Madras-Bangalore trip. Took Hosur route both ways.

My home is at Vadapalani and i took Maduravoyal-Koyambedu route to reach. However i traveled as non-peak hours, so didn't had any traffic problems.

Kanchipuram-Madras road conditions are getting worse day by day. In between when they patched it was okay, now again its super bumpy ride though there are no potholes.

Ofcourse, if few places they have just started 6L road widening work, but it doesn't seem to be throughout the stretch from Ranipet till Madras.

-Ravi
Old 5th July 2015, 21:39   #2036
BHPian

Being a frequent traveller on this route the stretch you mention should not have any toll in fact they should pay us for using it. The tar moulds are blobs sitting on the road and cause a bumpy ride and vehicle shock absorber worl overtime and we cringe at the strain.
Old 6th July 2015, 07:18   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Just returned from Bangalore-Kanchipuram-Madras-Bangalore trip. Took Hosur route both ways.

My home is at Vadapalani and i took Maduravoyal-Koyambedu route to reach. However i traveled as non-peak hours, so didn't had any traffic problems.

Kanchipuram-Madras road conditions are getting worse day by day. In between when they patched it was okay, now again its super bumpy ride though there are no potholes.

Ofcourse, if few places they have just started 6L road widening work, but it doesn't seem to be throughout the stretch from Ranipet till Madras.

-Ravi
Ravi, Are you talking about the road conditions from kanchi Bypass to chennai (NH). This April when i traveled on the above said route, it was patched up and at some places the road was relaid.
Old 6th July 2015, 11:15   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Ravi, Are you talking about the road conditions from kanchi Bypass to chennai (NH). This April when i traveled on the above said route, it was patched up and at some places the road was relaid.
Yes Suresh. The summer heat is badly damaged the roads.

I totally agree with Dieseldunk. They should pay us for using this road, because everytime my car wheel alignment takes a hit after travelling in this pathetic road. Infact, this time my streering road connection to front right wheel has taken severe hit and disconnected. I had to call up Hyundai Road side assistance to get it corrected

-Ravi
Old 29th July 2015, 14:49   #2039
BHPian

Planning a trip to Bangalore from T-Nagar to Cambridge Layout on Sunday 16th August. Any suggestions on the best route to avoid any traffic bottlenecks.

Plan to return on 22nd Saturday might start in the afternoon, what will be the best route to take at that time?

Ram
Old 29th July 2015, 15:19   #2040
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Planning a trip to Bangalore from T-Nagar to Cambridge Layout on Sunday 16th August. Any suggestions on the best route to avoid any traffic bottlenecks.

Plan to return on 22nd Saturday might start in the afternoon, what will be the best route to take at that time?
What time are you starting from T-Nagar ?

Since you're heading to Cambridge Layout, why not take the Walajahpet-Ranipet-Chittoor route ? This will get you to K R Puram, then continue on Old Madras road towards Indiranagar. Then you can simply turn left on Indiranagar double road (BDA complex) signal and go directly to ESI hospital signal, turn right and just after the bridge you're in Cambridge layout.

For your early afternoon return also, you can do the same route. Some sections after Palamaner may have lot of truck traffic but otherwise should be ok. Or return via Krishnagiri-Vellore.

Last edited by NPV : 29th July 2015 at 15:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks