Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2024, 09:23   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yesterday I travelled to Mysore. Today I observed the discrepancy in the toll costs between the onward and return journey. Can someone explain this?
Since your return is within the 24hrs window, return toll charges are applied.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 09:32   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Since your return is within the 24hrs window, return toll charges are applied.
Ahh. OK! Never thought about this!

Yes, I returned back at 9PM even though the timestamp says 12AM for the last transaction.

Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 09:42   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
But the toll booth name is also different in one transaction. Can someone explain this?
The first toll booth from Bangalore side is actually a split one. The toll booth on the carriageway towards Mysore is in Kaniminike and the one on the carriageway towards Bangalore is in Sheshagirihalli. The two villages are about 2.5 km apart.

Maps grab below.

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-untitled.png
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 09:50   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The first toll booth from Bangalore side is actually a split one. The toll booth on the carriageway towards Mysore is in Kaniminike and the one on the carriageway towards Bangalore is in Sheshagirihalli. The two villages are about 2.5 km apart.

Maps grab below.

Attachment 2582610
Thanks a lot. The picture makes it very clear. I did not observe this split toll plaza, the three times I have used the expressway till now.
Old 14th March 2024, 10:48   #815
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there an exit on the Bangalore Mysore Expressway at Maddur (or which one to take if there are multiple exits) to get on to the Maddur-Malavalli road ? If there is, hope it is clearly marked?
Old 14th March 2024, 10:50   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is there an exit on the Bangalore Mysore Expressway at Maddur (or which one to take if there are multiple exits) to get on to the Maddur-Malavalli road ? If there is, hope it is clearly marked?
You need to take the exit before maddur bypass flyover starts from either sides. The deviation is under the flyover.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 14:24   #817
BHPian

Took the expressway on Thursday - 14th March at about 12:30pm from Mysore road after getting off NICE road. Was largely uneventful except for the flagrant violation of the speed limits by a few cars which were doing upwards of 120 at different locations. Not sure if there is a camera automatically capturing over speeding cars. I set the cruise control at 100 and reached Mysore sharp in a little less than 90 mins.

On my return on Sunday morning - 17th March - we joined the expressway at 6:00am sharp and reached Bangalore NICE Road connection by 7:20 as there was very little traffic.

However, I did see that 'election checkposts' had been set up at two locations (near the town exits), with multiple barricades on the highway to slow down cars. I'm a little apprehensive of the location of the barricades as they were almost on the edge of the curve, which may cause visibility issues for cars barrelling in at triple digit speeds.

Now looking forward to the Chennai - Bangalore expressway as well so that our journeys to Mysore from Chennai are fully expressway bound
Old 25th March 2024, 23:28   #818
BHPian

I did a quick weekend trip from Bengaluru to Madikeri. The expressway greatly helps in reducing the time. I could reach Madikeri in 5.5 hours of driving both ways.
However, the road quality is not as good as the earlier one. The roads have started to be bumpy especially around joints within a year. The earlier road didn't have this even after many years of usage. I also saw a few patches here and there. A road needing a repair in 1 year is not a good sign.

Then there are a few idiots on the road. They zig zag through the road at 120+ speeds coming quite close to the vehicles! They gain nothing; you would find them just a few cars ahead in the next toll booth/election post or wherever traffic is slowed down. But they put their and many other people's life at high risk.
The government has built 6 6-lane expressways where one could cruise easily at 100/120 covering the entire 115 km of expressway within 80 mins but these guys are still in a hurry!
Old 28th March 2024, 13:23   #819
Senior - BHPian

I was accompanying a relative last time (2 cars) and that's when the ordeal of expressway exits hit me, as they needed to refuel.

I had since saved pins of exits along onward and return routes in case there is a need. It is also challenging to spot that perfect eatery where one can exit and get right back into the expressway lane (without doing wrong side driving of course)

Kengeri to Manipal signal Mysore here
Manipal signal Mysore to Kengeri here
GeeTee TSI is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 17:23   #820
BHPian

Incorrect Toll Charged on Bangalore-Mysore Expressway

Has anyone faced this problem? I believe I have been charged a higher toll on the Bangalore - Mysore expressway - at both toll plazas, on both onward and return journeys! I am wondering how this could happen.......

I drove from Mysore to Bangalore on 25th March, and returned to Mysore on 27th March.

My FASTag was being used for the first time (this is a new car and the FASTag provided by the Nexa showroom is from IDFC Bank) on this trip.

My FASTag was charged as follows:

25th March: Gananguru Toll Plaza : Rs.250
25th March: Sheshagirihalli Toll Plaza : Rs.270

27th March: Kaniminike Toll Plaza : Rs.270
27th March: Gananguru Toll Plaza : Rs.250

Upon returning home, I saw the SMS messages and was wondering if the One way Toll from Mysore to Bangalore was Rs.520. I checked online and saw that the toll is as follows:

Single Trip Return Trip

Gananguru Toll Plaza 150 250

Kaniminike /
Sheshagirihalli Toll Plaza 165 270

Does this mean that my FASTag was charged for a Return Trip incorrectly when I travelled only one way? How can such an error happen four times?
Or is it that the Toll charges have been revised and I am seeing the old charges online?
Old 29th March 2024, 17:38   #821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Incorrect Toll Charged on Bangalore-Mysore Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
My FASTag was being used for the first time (this is a new car and the FASTag provided by the Nexa showroom is from IDFC Bank) on this trip...

I checked online and saw that the toll is as follows:

Gananguru Toll Plaza 150 250
Kaniminike / Sheshagirihalli Toll Plaza 165 270

Does this mean that my FASTag was charged for a Return Trip incorrectly when I travelled only one way? How can such an error happen four times?
Or is it that the Toll charges have been revised and I am seeing the old charges online?
Toll rates have been revised, but the new rates are to be implemented from April 1 onwards. The rates you have been charged at are the ones applicable to LCVs, not LMVs. Here are NHAI's TIS database entries for the two tollbooths:

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-sg.png
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 20:24   #822
Senior - BHPian

Re: Incorrect Toll Charged on Bangalore-Mysore Expressway

Quote:
My FASTag was being used for the first time (this is a new car and the FASTag provided by the Nexa showroom is from IDFC Bank) on this trip.

27th March: Kaniminike Toll Plaza : Rs.270
27th March: Gananguru Toll Plaza : Rs.250
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Toll rates have been revised, but the new rates are to be implemented from April 1 onwards. The rates you have been charged at are the ones applicable to LCVs, not LMVs.
I agree with binand. You can also check the color of your fastag, it should be purple. LCV fastags are orange.

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-fastagcolourcode768x430.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 12:15   #823
BHPian

Thank you very much, binand and SunnyBoi. It is clear now why I was charged a higher toll on the Mysore-Bangalore expressway.

SunnyBoi, I checked my FASTag and it is VIOLET which means the correct colour tag for my Ignis. This was the tag issued to me by the Dealer, NEXA MANDOVI from whom I purchased the Car.

This means that somewhere, the Vehicle Class is incorrectly entered for this FASTag. Either in the NHAI system or in the IDFC Bank's system. I have to find out how to get this corrected before I go on the next highway drive!
vartakavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 10:21   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This means that somewhere, the Vehicle Class is incorrectly entered for this FASTag. Either in the NHAI system or in the IDFC Bank's system.
The NHAI doesn't maintain any system for Fastags. Each issuer (bank) is responsible for updating this list for the tags they have issued.

I think your problem is due to: (a) the dealer staff selecting the wrong class while registering a new tag in the bank's system, and (b) the bank not having checks in place to cross-verify the dealer-selected class and the RC class of the vehicle.

Most likely the dealer will wash off their hands; your best bet is to get a new tag issued with the correct class asap for your upcoming trip(s) and then be prepared for the long battle with the bank for acknowledgement of the problem and refund of the excess toll paid.
Old 31st March 2024, 10:43   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was the tag issued to me by the Dealer, NEXA MANDOVI from whom I purchased the Car.
I think they have mistakenly given you a tag for Eeco cargo. Eeco cargo comes in LCV category but has the same colour tag as normal cars. I have both Eeco cargo and other cars, both have same tags, but rates are different.

You have two options - try to get class corrected. Or the easier and least hassle free option is to throw away the idfc tag and get one from icici or any other issuer.

Whenever I buy new cars, I throw away the tag from dealer unless its an ICICI tag. I prefer only ICICI tags as I use the same bank account and auto debit makes my life so much easier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks