Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2017, 12:42   #496
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
How is the road conditions in the Thenmala route?
Pretty decent inside Kerala, but with the occassional bad stretch and a couple of potholes. Very good once you are on the TN side. Overall - roads are much better than taking Marthandam stretch.

Main issue while travelling with family is the limited dining and rest options.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 17:21   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Doesn't have good facilities for a day drive either.

Two options I noticed (for stopping with family) - 1. Marrybrown complex near to Srivilliputhur (10:30 am to 10:30pm) 2. KTDC Motel Aaram just inside Kerala border at Palaruvi (7am to 9:30pm).
Rahmath Parotta Stall, Chengottai is a good option for lunch/dinner. Specifically for Non Veg. Not a premium hotel but decent one for family. No clean rest rooms though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
That's a decent timing. I took almost 7 hours door to door from Trivandrum to Madurai with a half hour breakfast break near Nagercoil. How is the road conditions in the Thenmala route? I've never tried that route and have always taken the painful Nagercoil route.
A good alternate for Nagercoil - Trivandrum is mentioned here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4253614
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 00:04   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thenmala route doesn't have good facilities for a night drive. So, plan your drive accordingly.
I dropped the night drive plan and started on 29th morning. Also I took the Negercoil route instead of Thenmala. It was all good till Nagercoil. Since I reached around late evening there wasn't much traffic but the roads where in pretty bad condition owing to Highway expansion and construction of flyovers. Then at Marthandam was the major bottle neck. Few kilometers before Marthandam there was a deviation board but since it was night, I thought it would be fine to cross Marthandam through main road. However the Marthandam junction was blocked and I had to take a deviation. This was again through narrow roads and roads in very bad shape. This took me to Kuzhithurai and then from there I rejoined NH. I would advice to take the deviation before Marthandam as the roads near Marthandam junction have one way traffic restrictions. I managed to get through only because it was night time.
raghulsudheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 11:14   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

BP COCO Pumps:

BP COCO Pumps:

During my recent drive, I came across couple of more BP COCO on this route,

1) 32 Kms from the Salem exit towards towards Kanyakumari/Trivandrum, this comes on the left side
https://goo.gl/maps/rqkPWzEPpRQ2

2) 13 Kms from Kappalur Toll (Madurai) towards Kanyakumari/Trivandrum, this comes on the left side
https://goo.gl/maps/wGg2A9YzpYS2

Existing ones,

3) BP COCO along with A2B, 50 Kms from Electronic City towards Krishnagiri/Salem, this comes on the left side
https://goo.gl/maps/gWauY222DUH2

4) BP COCO along with A2B,, 135 Kms from Electronic City towards Krishnagiri/Salem, this comes on the rigt side
https://goo.gl/maps/8pwyA3XfJjH2

5) BP COCO along with A2B, 15 Kms after the TAFE factory (Dindigul - Madurai), this comes on the rigt side
https://goo.gl/maps/C54x6zvDZBv

Last edited by arun_josie : 8th January 2018 at 11:43.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:55   #500
Team-BHP Support

Re: BP COCO Pumps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
BP COCO Pumps:

During my recent drive, I came across couple of more BP COCO on this route,
Simple rule - COCO bunk in TN does not qualify to be one without an A2B attached.
Old 8th January 2018, 14:23   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BP COCO Pumps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Simple rule - COCO bunk in TN does not qualify to be one without an A2B attached.
True that , most of them has A2B along with it. Outside TN they have tie-up with Ghar dhaba for few.
Old 20th January 2018, 20:01   #502
BHPian

Took the Thenmala route from Trivandrum (Kazhakkoottam) to Bangalore on 24th Dec 2017. The drive was good all the way and roads were in very good condition except some patch in Kerala after the turn from MC road at Nilamel. From Chenkottai, google maps directed through some small roads, road condition was good and less traffic. Joined NH44 at Tirumangalam.

Started at 5:15am and reached Attibele toll by 5:30pm. Stopped for food couple of times.

All the tolls were mostly free except Attibele.
bijuks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 11:19   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

How bad is Nagarkovil - TVM route as of now ?

Is it bad enough to consider alternative route from Bangalore if traveling in night (expected to reach work in progress stretch around 04.00 am) in a hatch.
Old 26th February 2018, 21:24   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
How bad is Nagarkovil - TVM route as of now ?

Is it bad enough to consider alternative route from Bangalore if traveling in night (expected to reach work in progress stretch around 04.00 am) in a hatch.
It should be fine as long as you don't get stuck in any traffic caused by trucks on those narrow stretches.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 17:12   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion Arun. My friend for whom I had put the query, took the same route to Trivandrum. Since it was early in morning, he didn't face any issue.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 09:07   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Google maps has started recommending the route via Tenkasi/Courtallam to Trivandrum. Also, there are plans to stop the traffic via parvathipuram due to the flyover construction, dates are not announced yet. Initially it was planned for March 5th but postponed due to exam season in schools.
Attached Thumbnails
Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-capture.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 12th March 2018 at 09:08.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 16:39   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Parvathipuram route is closed:

Due to construction work at Parvathipuram(Nagercoil), the road is closed for traffic. It may take some time before they reopen. Here are the other options to bypass this section,

Option 1) The best option to Trivandrum is via Tenkasi(which is recommended by google maps as well). This will help to bypass both the construction sites, at Parvathipuram and Marthandam.

Option 2) 10-15kms before Nagercoil, you can take a right at Aralvaimozhi or at Vellamadam and join Nagercoil - Trivandrum SH little ahead of parvathipuram.

Option 3) This is the diverted route, its goes via Asaripallam road. Mentioned here as well.

This route goes via Nagercoil Collector Office, Asaripallam, Thingal Nagar, Karungal, Pudhukkadai, Kannanagam Junction Bus Stop, Thirumannam , Uchakkada and Poovar

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-map.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 19:46   #508
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the Kattakada-Vellarada-Boothapandi-Aralvaimozhi stretch?
Old 20th March 2018, 20:04   #509
Senior - BHPian

Kattakada Vellarada Kulasekaram is mostly good, except near Chittar reservoir on KL side. I did this route yesterday.

Kulasekaram to Aralvaimozhi is broken at several places when i covered this stretch on Mar 4th. But still I prefer this over NH in its current condition and traffic.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 10:47   #510
Senior - BHPian

This is the route I did this Sunday. Had to visit couple of places in this route. Before the NH was in tatters I used to deviate from Marthandam to go towards Colachel/Atoor.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-sundayroundtrip.png

Since it is the festive season expect rush/block near Kollamcode and Mandaikkadu if taking coastal route to Nagercoil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks