Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2019, 08:35   #616

Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Thanks for the heads up. Found the Nagercoil to Trivandrum a real downer. Not super huge craters sort but in general broken roads.
Old 28th December 2019, 11:35   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varghese_p_g View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Found the Nagercoil to Trivandrum a real downer. Not super huge craters sort but in general broken roads.
You can take the alternate route via Asaripallam - Thingalnagar - Karungal - Poovar - Trivandrum. This route is good.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 20:51   #618
Team-BHP Support

Few updates since I made it to Trivandrum from Bangalore.
  • Had KL pass approved, applied for TN transit pass but since the KL one came last minute - there was no update on the TN pass. Was asked for the TN pass at Zuzuwadi check post, but they allowed me to pass through. (Not sure if that is the norm, or if it was because we reached the border at 4 AM in the morning).
  • Was again asked for the TN pass at multiple places - but KL pass sufficed. 15-20 checkposts were there overall and everywhere they collected almost the same details - Pass number, Name, Number of travellers, Destination Address, Phone number etc.
  • Temperature check was only done at the Kerala border. We had selected Injivila check post and the whole process (while being extremely organized and comfortable) took about 1.5 hours there.
  • TN checkposts to the south of Madurai were a pain, especially around Tirunelveli. Lost almost 1 hour there with 3 back to back to back check posts. One checkposts even had 3 separate queues - two for collecting the exact same details, one for temperature check which they said everyone has to stand - but the person sitting in front just asked me to carry on when I said the destination is Trivandrum.
  • The road was decent from Kavalkinaru to Trivandrum.
  • Social distancing is not strictly maintained in TN checkposts, especially felt the crowded Tirunelveli posts created more harm than good.
  • At Injivila, there are both TN and KL posts. KL has rented out an auditorium which has parking facilities. Social distancing isn't a concern, and token system ensures everything is in order - but be prepared to spend about 1.5 hours there overall. Took about 15.5 hours overall for me, home to home. Had crossed Madurai by about 10AM, but reached Trivandrum only by 7PM.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 00:12   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
  • TN checkposts to the south of Madurai were a pain, especially around Tirunelveli. Lost almost 1 hour there with 3 back to back to back check posts. One checkposts even had 3 separate queues - two for collecting the exact same details, one for temperature check which they said everyone has to stand - but the person sitting in front just asked me to carry on when I said the destination is Trivandrum.
True, these checkposts are scary with no social distancing. And for someone who is just crossing these districts on the highway, should be allowed to just cross instead of adding risk like this.

When I traveled last month, I felt that Kavalkinaru check post was managed better as the cars were asked to stand in a queue and only the first two cars in the queue were allowed to get out and share the details.
Old 6th August 2020, 21:05   #620
BHPian

Any update on the Madurai - Tirumangalam - Shencottah - Kollam route. Any idea how many COVID checkpoints etc on this route.
Planning to start from Bangalore next week with family
Old 8th September 2020, 12:02   #621

Anyone who has traveled recently? How is the state of the checks and the roads?
Old 9th September 2020, 19:39   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varghese_p_g View Post
Anyone who has traveled recently? How is the state of the checks and the roads?
Checking is only at the state border. If you are coming from Trivandrum/Bangalore, then better to register for E-Pass.

They have closed the Covid sample collection center @ aralvaimozhi (Kanyakumari Dist border).

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th September 2020 at 19:40.
Old 11th September 2020, 19:09   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Nagercoil - Kavalkinaru stretch has been relaid and is in very good condition.

No checks along this route from Nagercoil till Bangalore when I drove back yesterday.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:22   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Nagercoil - Kavalkinaru stretch has been relaid and is in very good condition.

No checks along this route from Nagercoil till Bangalore when I drove back yesterday.
Hi, thanks for the inputs.

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Nagercoil route (Injivila checkpost) this weekend.

1) How many checkposts from Bangalore to Trivandrum? Assuming one at Hosur (KA-TN border) and one at Injivila (TN-KL border) ? Are there more in TN where we need to show pass or get down from car ?

2) How much time it will take in Injivila checkpost ? Will they check temperature for all occupants in car ? I will be travelling with two kids - 6 years and 2 years, hence the concern.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:29   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Hi, thanks for the inputs.

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Nagercoil route (Injivila checkpost) this weekend.

1) How many checkposts from Bangalore to Trivandrum? Assuming one at Hosur (KA-TN border) and one at Injivila (TN-KL border) ? Are there more in TN where we need to show pass or get down from car ?
Its a random checking at the KA-TN border (but better to keep the pass). After this there is no checking till you hit the KL border.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:32   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Its a random checking at the KA-TN border (but better to keep the pass). After this there is no checking till you hit the KL border.
Thanks Arun for the super fast reply.

How much time it will take in Injivila checkpost ? Will they check temperature for all occupants in car ? I will be travelling with two kids - 6 years and 2 years, hence the concern.

Last edited by toretto : 22nd September 2020 at 20:34.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:58   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Thanks Arun for the super fast reply.

How much time it will take in Injivila checkpost ? Will they check temperature for all occupants in car ? I will be travelling with two kids - 6 years and 2 years, hence the concern.
I have not crossed Injivila checkpost recently. You can check the below post, its not the latest though.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4851754 (Chennai - Trivandrum : A Lockdown Drive!)
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:16   #628
BHPian

Quote:
I have not crossed Injivila checkpost recently. You can check the below post, its not the latest though.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4851754 (Chennai - Trivandrum : A Lockdown Drive!)
Oh okay, thanks for the responses
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:21   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

There was not much option for breakfast between Salem and Madurai, now there is one A2B on the Dindigul bypass. While going from bangalore, this comes on the right side.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-20201129_082407.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 20:12   #630
Senior - BHPian

Planning for a Trivandrum - Bangalore and return trip the coming week. Looking for three main clarifications.
1. Would like to know the Covid pass procedures we will have to take for this trip.
2. Any road condition callout that we need to look out for (Route would be Tvm - Kavalkinar - Madurai - Salem - Hosur - Bangalore)
3. Going to rely on fastag (and using for the first time) Anything specific to take care of, other than having it recharged for the toll rates.

When time permits, can you please let know on these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks