Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 10:12   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Planning for a Trivandrum - Bangalore and return trip the coming week. Looking for three main clarifications.
1. Would like to know the Covid pass procedures we will have to take for this trip.
2. Any road condition callout that we need to look out for (Route would be Tvm - Kavalkinar - Madurai - Salem - Hosur - Bangalore)
3. Going to rely on fastag (and using for the first time) Anything specific to take care of, other than having it recharged for the toll rates.

When time permits, can you please let know on these?
1. You can register for a transit pass to cross TN, but I have not heard of any checking since last one month.
2. Nagercoil - Kavalkinaru is good and no issues with the 4L stretch beyond that.
3. Fastag works perfectly all along.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 12:28   #632
BHPian

I did BLR to TVM on 25th December. Barring slight traffic from Bangalore to Salem, rest of the stretch had a very lean traffic all the way till Trivandrum and not much rush at the toll booths, mostly due to Christmas holiday. Except small deviations from the AH 43 between Tirunelveli and Nagercoil, I felt the overall road condition to be better than in the past. Nagercoil to Trivandrum stretch was also decent with roads repair done in most places.
shinuak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 12:31   #633
BHPian

In addition to the A2B, temple city near Madurai bypass is another good and clean option for breakfast/brunch on the way. But this time around, we carried food and stopped on the way side for breakfast and lunch. It was quite a different experience and reminded me of old times, when we used to carry food while travelling train for long distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
There was not much option for breakfast between Salem and Madurai, now there is one A2B on the Dindigul bypass. While going from bangalore, this comes on the right side.

Attachment 2088304
Old 27th December 2020, 12:37   #634
BHPian

There shouldn't be any pass required as KA does not mandate anything for entry from other states, so far. Though there is no checking it may be a good idea to keep a KL-KA transit from TN govt site.
Road conditions are better when compared to last year. Between Nagercoil and Tirunelveli, you will get few deviations due to highway repair and construction but these are very short stretches. Beware of the barricades near crossings, as these sprung sudden surprises. The number of barricades along the Madurai-Salem stretch have gone up from last year, so you need to be careful while doing quick overtakes.
Fastag is more seamless now with most of the toll booths unlike 1-2 years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Planning for a Trivandrum - Bangalore and return trip the coming week. Looking for three main clarifications.
1. Would like to know the Covid pass procedures we will have to take for this trip.
2. Any road condition callout that we need to look out for (Route would be Tvm - Kavalkinar - Madurai - Salem - Hosur - Bangalore)
3. Going to rely on fastag (and using for the first time) Anything specific to take care of, other than having it recharged for the toll rates.

When time permits, can you please let know on these?

Last edited by shinuak : 27th December 2020 at 12:38. Reason: correction
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 19:52   #635

Did a trip from Bangalore to Trivandrum and back. Was not stopped anywhere from Bangalore to Trivandrum for pass checks. On the way back, at Kaliyikavila enty point to TN, I was asked whether i had the TN pass.
varghese_p_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 18:31   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
I did BLR to TVM on 25th December. Barring slight traffic from Bangalore to Salem, rest of the stretch had a very lean traffic all the way till Trivandrum and not much rush at the toll booths, mostly due to Christmas holiday. Except small deviations from the AH 43 between Tirunelveli and Nagercoil, I felt the overall road condition to be better than in the past. Nagercoil to Trivandrum stretch was also decent with roads repair done in most places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varghese_p_g View Post
Did a trip from Bangalore to Trivandrum and back. Was not stopped anywhere from Bangalore to Trivandrum for pass checks. On the way back, at Kaliyikavila enty point to TN, I was asked whether i had the TN pass.
How much time did you both take to cover this stretch ?
Old 22nd January 2021, 22:10   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Bangalore - Trivandrum can be done in 10-12 hours based on your speed and number of stops.
Old 27th January 2021, 11:17   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
It depends on various factors as Arun mentioned like speed, number of stops and most importantly the rush at toll plazas. If you travel during vacation time, like Deepavali, Christmas etc except on the day of the festival you may find winding queues on major tolls plazas which will slow you down, even with fastag.
The drive on 25th took 10.5 hours Garage to Garage for me and return to Bangalore took 11 hours. I usually take 2 food breaks and one for refueling.This time the only difference was that, for food, we dint stop at any restaurants, but stopped on the wayside. Bought coffee in flask from one of the restaurants though. Restroom stops were done at sparsely crowded fuel stations

There are many tree shades and places like the one below for pit stops

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-foodstop.jpeg
shinuak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 12:43   #639

Team - I am relocating from TVM to Pune by Feb end, I own a 2019 WRV that does not have much milegae on it thanks to the pandemic. I am now planning to drive down from Tvm to Pune along with my family(parents inclusive), this will be my first interstate drive and I have a leverage of 2-3 days. I would request your suggestions for the route, necessary precautions and the paperwork that I will need for this trip. I wish to drive 500/600 kms a day as I do not want to make it a tiresome journey for my aged parents.
Old 4th February 2021, 16:00   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlCCtrlV View Post
Team - I am relocating from TVM to Pune by Feb end, I own a 2019 WRV that does not have much milegae on it thanks to the pandemic. I am now planning to drive down from Tvm to Pune along with my family(parents inclusive), this will be my first interstate drive and I have a leverage of 2-3 days. I would request your suggestions for the route, necessary precautions and the paperwork that I will need for this trip. I wish to drive 500/600 kms a day as I do not want to make it a tiresome journey for my aged parents.
If you are moving permanently, please do take NOC for your car. You will need to know which RTO you are getting the NOC to.
Old 5th February 2021, 08:15   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlCCtrlV View Post

If you are looking at 2 overnight stops then you can consider Salem and Davanagere.

Salem has few hotels on the highway and for Davanagere you can check Apoorva Resorts(this is also on the highway).
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 19:07   #642

Are there any new restrictions/checks on this route now? Planning a trip soon
Old 6th July 2021, 20:58   #643

Some broken roads around Nagercoil. Also there were some deviations because of resurfacing and new fly overs coming up in different sections.
Old 12th August 2021, 20:52   #644
BHPian

Are there any checking for RTPCR results when we travel from KL to TN? Is vaccination records enough? What about kids under 18?

Planing to travel this weekend. Kindly advice if anyone has taken this route in last week.
Old 13th August 2021, 09:11   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Are there any checking for RTPCR results when we travel from KL to TN? Is vaccination records enough?
You can find details here (All Roads to Kerala).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks