Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 13:09   #1396
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Fellow BHPians, need help with fasttag and NICE road.
Mine is also ICICI Fastag and works without any issue in ECity and BG road entry, exits. Primarily I use these. If no one can resolve, I would suggest surrender this one and get a new tag from another provider. It might work. I cannot think of any other solution.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 13:44   #1397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Tag in question is from ICICI. I have raised multiple grievances with ICICI, and they always closed issue stating Tag was never blacklisted. Which is also correct, tag works as expected in all other toll on same day. Only other option is some way cover the tag, and only go with cash option. This is cumbersome, thus want to avoid as much as possible.

I have now raised a PG Portal complaint, and consumer helpline complaint. I would like to know, what could be done to solve the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Mine is also ICICI Fastag and works without any issue in ECity and BG road entry, exits. Primarily I use these. If no one can resolve, I would suggest surrender this one and get a new tag from another provider. It might work. I cannot think of any other solution.
We carpool to go to office, two of us have ICICI fastag and one has Paytm Fastag and one has some other (HDFC I guess). We always face problems with the Paytm Fastag on NICE road. ICICI has been the best experience.

Reading through your issue, It's a very strange issue to be honest and I can imagine how irritating it is for you. I agree with blorebuddy, order a new fastag. the Tag ID will change when you do that which should solve the problem.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 08:15   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I would suggest surrender this one and get a new tag from another provider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
the Tag ID will change when you do that which should solve the problem.
Update to my issue, I did as you suggested, its working now.

After scouring through some internet link I cam to know that fastag can get damaged easily. The magnetic strip in my fastag somehow damaged resulting in tag being not read. Error message "blacklisted" doesn't help one to find error either.

I now didn't put fastag on windscreen, rather kept in zip lock bag, and show it to scanner when I reach booth. This isn't ideal, but at-least I can ensure tags kept at safer place.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 08:52   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Saw this in another thread:

Quote:
Nice road itself had many diversions and single lanes due to road work ongoing...
Can someone who's a regular user update on the status here? I have a time-bound trip coming up tomorrow (need to be at a certain place near Bannerghatta by 8 AM; so start from home between 6.45-7 AM) and was planning to take BETL > NICE as the cleanest option, but if NICE itself is a mess then I might want to avoid it totally and go via BTM > Arekere. The time constraint is non-negotiable and the trip, unskippable.
Old 30th January 2023, 09:04   #1400
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Saw this in another thread:

Can someone who's a regular user update on the status here? I have a time-bound trip coming up tomorrow (need to be at a certain place near Bannerghatta by 8 AM; so start from home between 6.45-7 AM) and was planning to take BETL > NICE as the cleanest option, but if NICE itself is a mess then I might want to avoid it totally and go via BTM > Arekere. The time constraint is non-negotiable and the trip, unskippable.
Dont take a chance with NICE.
I used it yesterday.
There is lots of work happening and traffic can be slow and unpredictable.
I would leave an extra half hour early if I were you and would use the city roads.
Old 10th April 2023, 17:56   #1401
BHPian

Travelled last Friday (8-Apr-2023) from Hosur Rd to Mysore Rd exit and back. It is 125/- toll each way. Concrete asphalting still happening - Only two lanes are usable at many points.

Total 250/- for about 55kms.

The new 6 lane BLR-Mysore expressway toll is Rs.205/- both ways. That is about 230 kms ! Sigh :-|
Btw - that 115 km stretch from NICE-Mysore Rd exit till the end of the expressway (Manipal Hospital junction in Mysore) can be done in less than 75 minutes easily now.
Old 19th April 2023, 18:57   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Travelled last Friday (8-Apr-2023) from Hosur Rd to Mysore Rd exit and back. It is 125/- toll each way. Concrete asphalting still happening - Only two lanes are usable at many points.
Any Concrete asphalting work happening between Bannerghatta entry to Electronic City exit?
Old 19th April 2023, 20:10   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Any Concrete asphalting work happening between Bannerghatta entry to Electronic City exit?
Yes. I think more or less that entire section.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 20:53   #1404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Check G-maps. See which section has traffic. THat section would be the likely spot for concretization.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 20:19   #1405
BHPian

Nice Road Toll charges up from July 1st. Here is the news article - Source The Hindu

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le67026764.ece
Old 1st July 2023, 06:43   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

As soon as they started the whitetopping work, I knew that this increase would come from July 1st. Apart from a small stretch near Kanakapura road beside Purva Highlands, and a stretch between Mysuru Road and Magadi Road, the white topping work is completed. Considering that aswell, a rise of upto 25% is steep...But who is to ask
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-smartselect_20230701_064315_microsoft-365-office.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 22:17   #1407
BHPian

Nice road are the speed cams not connected with blr traffic police challan database.

I see 80kmph mentioned but hardly anyone follows it, even though i see it been displayed under the speed guns/displays.
Old 15th October 2023, 14:50   #1408
BHPian

Hi

We travelled from Ambalipura, Harlur Road, Bengaluru to Rasta Cafe (Address: Mysore Highway, SH17 Mayaganahalli, Ramnagara, Karnataka 562128)

Was charged Rs 145 + Rs 145 (for same day return) = Rs 290 at NICE road toll

Then when we entered the Mysore Express highway - Rs 165 + Rs 85 (for same-day return) = Rs 250 at Kaniminike Tollgate and Seshagirihalli Tollgate respectively.

I am confused if I took the wrong route as we were charged Rs 540 from Ambalipura, Harlur Road Bengaluru to Ramnagara (Mysore express highway) for a 60 KM stretch including same-day return. Or this is expected?
Old 15th October 2023, 16:42   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
Hi

Was charged Rs 145 + Rs 145 (for same day return) = Rs 290 at NICE road toll

Then when we entered the Mysore Express highway - Rs 165 + Rs 85 (for same-day return) = Rs 250 at Kaniminike Tollgate and Seshagirihalli Tollgate respectively.
Not sure if a rhetorical question but the toll charges are right. I don't see how you can avoid the same unless you brave through the city traffic to avoid NICE and then take the service road at Kumbalgodu and get stuck in Mysore road traffic before joining the Expressway beyond Bidadi.

I just paid the same + 2× 155 at gananguru for a 30 hour trip to mysore
Old 15th October 2023, 17:31   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Not sure if a rhetorical question but the toll charges are right. I don't see how you can avoid the same unless you brave through the city traffic to avoid NICE and then take the service road at Kumbalgodu and get stuck in Mysore road traffic before joining the Expressway beyond Bidadi.

I just paid the same + 2× 155 at gananguru for a 30 hour trip to mysore
Sure, I am new to Bengaluru

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks