Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 16:30   #1336
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Finally FastTag is working on NICE.
However i have not had any deduction SMS or email about the usage of the fasttag.
Indeed it works!
180 rs gets blocked at the entry, for Cars of course. On exit, corresponding amount alone would get deducted from the wallet, releasing the block.
Mine is PayTM fasttag. Got the PayTM notification immediately; SMS delivery took a few mins, as usual.

Last edited by autospeaker : 10th January 2022 at 16:31. Reason: Grammar correction
autospeaker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:06   #1337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Indeed it works!
180 rs gets blocked at the entry, for Cars of course. On exit, corresponding amount alone would get deducted from the wallet, releasing the block.
Mine is PayTM fasttag. Got the PayTM notification immediately; SMS delivery took a few mins, as usual.
I wonder how it works for Fastags that do not have a "wallet" linked to it. My ICICI Fastag doesn't have a wallet but will be allowed to pass toll gates only when the balance is above ₹100.

If I have to go by car from Hosuru road to Bhannerughatta road, I need only ₹30. If my balance is say for example ₹110 (or anything less than ₹180), will it open the boom barrier is what is to be seen.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:08   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Was wondering what will happen to my balance on Nice E-Pay card, and then found below message scrolling on top of the Nice E-Pay website

"Launching Fastag on NICE Road tentatively on 10-Oct-2021.Kindly Provide your Bank Details Here, to process the payment of your remaining e-Pay balance once Fastag becomes operational."
Old 10th January 2022, 17:17   #1339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
The person inside did not look to happy. .
Not surprised. I suspect they have not been clean. Two weeks back, I got a receipt with the number of the car that was immediately ahead. I saw it after I pulled out. Was in a hurry, and took a chance. Was able to exit at my exit point wihtout any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
. If my balance is say for example ₹110 (or anything less than ₹180), will it open the boom barrier is what is to be seen.
Do you often keep low balance on your tag ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:32   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My ICICI Fastag doesn't have a wallet but will be allowed to pass toll gates only when the balance is above ₹100.
Hemanth, I remember that after FASTag was made mandatory for all vehicles, they removed the 100 INR threshold for minimum balance. Your tag should go to "blacklisted" mode when the balance goes to negative and not when it goes below 100.

Quote:
If I have to go by car from Hosuru road to Bhannerughatta road, I need only ₹30. If my balance is say for example ₹110 (or anything less than ₹180), will it open the boom barrier is what is to be seen.
Technically, it should open as long as your tag status is "active" (hence, balance above 0) since the system doesn't check the balance at the time of crossing the booth but merely checks the tag status.

Let us say you have 20 INR and tag status being active the system allows you to enter Bannerghatta road. Soon after this, the system blocks the said amount (as per NICE "standards") and then the balance goes negative and hence the tag becoming Inactive. In this case, you will likely see the barrier not opening at the exit.

This is how I think the system will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Despite of all the driving on tolled roads that are undertaken, I also do not really keep high balance. But all I do (and without fail) is check for balance before start of any such trip (even airport) and load the wallet in seconds.

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th January 2022 at 17:37.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:48   #1341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I generally keep around 100-150 balance and recharge via UPI before I hit the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hemanth, I remember that after FASTag was made mandatory for all vehicles, they removed the 100 INR threshold for minimum balance. Your tag should go to "blacklisted" mode when the balance goes to negative and not when it goes below 100.
No paragsachania Very recently, I have paid 2 times the toll at the airport toll. I had exactly ₹95 balance in my tag and the toll was also exactly ₹95. But it didn't open the barrier. Unfortunately my bad luck, due to network issue, I couldn't show the balance to the toll operator there itself. I was in a hurry too and the honking behind me started. So I paid twice the toll in cash and went. The next day i called ICICI and asked them why it was not allowed and they said that less than ₹100 will not work (even though there is a safety deposit amount). One other time I've seen that when I had ₹110, it accepted ₹65 and the balance went to ₹45

Quote:
Technically, it should open as long as your tag status is "active" (hence, balance above 0) since the system doesn't check the balance at the time of crossing the booth but merely checks the tag status.
You are right, but at least in ICICI ₹100 is the new Zero! After the airport toll experience, I keep at least ₹150 always.

Quote:
Let us say you have 20 INR and tag status being active the system allows you to enter Bannerghatta road. Soon after this, the system blocks the said amount (as per NICE "standards") and then the balance goes negative and hence the tag becoming Inactive. In this case, you will likely see the barrier not opening at the exit.

This is how I think the system will work.
Yes that's how it should work. anyway, will check once and in the worst case, maybe we need ₹200 at least to work.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:01   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

With all tolls being Fastag enabled, I dont understand why a small balance cannot be maintained - say, a monthly estimate of use. It would be easier than keeping low amounts like 100-150. We spend far more on even a family breakfast outing.

Just my thoughts, not looking for any responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But all I do (and without fail) is check for balance before start of any such trip (even airport) and load the wallet in seconds.
Saar, I was expecting something like " I know the balance on my tag after each toll"
Old 10th January 2022, 18:31   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont understand why a small balance cannot be maintained - say, a monthly estimate of use.
Why can't the tag issuing bank offer it under a postpaid scheme?
Old 10th January 2022, 18:38   #1344
Senior - BHPian

For my ICICI tag, I’ve given a blanket top up of Rs 500 the moment by toll money balance reaches 100. I have forgotten what it means to recharge now. Works well. My ICICI Fastag is tagged to my icici bank account.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 19:01   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
For my ICICI tag, I’ve given a blanket top up of Rs 500 the moment by toll money balance reaches 100. I have forgotten what it means to recharge now. Works well. My ICICI Fastag is tagged to my icici bank account.
The problem in maintaining higher balance or auto recharge is, if there is any incorrect deduction then we will not be aware of it (unless you check the report after each trip). This is one of the reason I prefer to recharge just before the trip.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:28   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

I prefer a manual recharge, so I have a control on the balance there. About 1.25 times expected toll for the trip.

I have heard an instance where an auto-recharge went bonkers and multiple recharges kept happening. Side-note: phone went off enough times to wake him up.

Btw, I have a CUG account which allows me to auto-top-up within the CUG to the specific tag, but I dont use this either.
Old 13th January 2022, 17:09   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

NICE road management has issued a notification dis-allowing two-wheelers between 10 pm and 5 am.

I think they should ban 2-wheelers by 6 pm itself.
Old 13th January 2022, 18:51   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
NICE road management has issued a notification dis-allowing two-wheelers between 10 pm and 5 am.
I was about to post this. This is the notification got in a group.
Attached Thumbnails
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-6269249477642662155_121.jpg  

Old 14th January 2022, 12:51   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Looks like none of the Fastag scanners at Bannerghatta Road were working this morning. The toll operator was using a handheld scanner and only one lane was open. This resulted in a long queue at early morning 5:30.

It was a then a complete nightmare experience until Tumkur road. They had blocked the Kanakapura road over pass and all the vehicles had to exit at Kanakapura road, take a U-Turn and again get onto the NICE road. The 18 wheelers were struggling to take the U-Turn which resulted in a jam. Only one toll booth was operational at exit/entry and the booth attendants were scanning Fastag using a handheld scanner which again resulted in a mini-jam. Post Kanakapura road, the one way has been extended all the way until the Clover leaf and we had to follow a long line of trucks at 15 kmph. Then the second diversion near Magadi road too had a long line of trucks traveling at 10 kmph. I feel they should just remove the toll (or at least reduce it) until all the construction work is completed. It's a total rip-off to pay such a high toll for the nightmare experience.

I just can't imagine the situation once they start the work between Kanakapura road and Bannerghatta road which has steep gradients where trucks travel at 5 kmph
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:09   #1350
BHPian

Wow! Nice Road Fastag is working! Good for the traveler who heads on the Nice road frequently. It took years to implement the fastag in the IT capital of India.My Fastag is linked with ICICI Bank.

Today Morning (14th Jan 2022) around 5 AM I started from Bannerghatta road and went to Hosur road Exit.In the Bannerghatta Toll, all the persons are in deep sleep! I Put the Horn very loudly and wake him up, in the meantime barricade is opening in parallel.he told, Fastag sir, you can go, I got surprised and gave him Rs.40 He said,"no need sir" you can go.

In my half mind and I proceeded towards Hosur road, in the meantime, my wife asked me, without slip, how electronic city (Hosur road exit) toll allow us? I said, I am not sure, let us wait and watch.

Hosur road exit toll, all lanes are freely opened and all the toll keepers are in very deep sleep and my car is passed very easily with fast tag detector.
Not sure! How it will work? hence posting here. Officially from when Fastag is working in NICE Road?

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-1.jpg

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-2.jpg
JacksonStorm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks