Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:45   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Anyone travelled by NICE road in recent times? Are they accepting Fastag or any other cashless method?
No fastag yet. You could pay by debit/credit card including contactless NFC cards or via NICE's prepaid e-pay card.
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:33   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
No fastag yet. You could pay by debit/credit card including contactless NFC cards or via NICE's prepaid e-pay card.
I suspect they are trying to avoid it as much as possible seeing the delay and the slowness in trying to adopt Fastag.

Maybe there is some unreported/unaccounted money here which cannot continue once they move to Fastag.
Old 26th July 2020, 10:59   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

With every kind of transaction moving toward contact-less type, not sure why government is not enforcing fastag usage here. Being the most expensive toll route in India, it is strange that they are still staying away from Fastag.
Old 26th July 2020, 13:29   #1234
Senior - BHPian

That is because, i think it continues to enjoy the privilege of being a private road and the government will not interfere.

There is something fishy for sure, because I do not believe that it may take this long to implement fastag. NICE was meant to go the fastag way during December 2019 I think.
Old 7th October 2020, 16:28   #1235
BHPian

To join Tumkur road from Bellandur, I used to take NICE road all the way. Buy since NICE still does not accept fastag, I am planning to take ORR to Hebbal and beyond towards Yeswantpura. I plan to drive on very early morning, so may not face much city traffic. I hope I can avail fastag if I choose this option.
Old 7th October 2020, 16:39   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope I can avail fastag if I choose this option.
Avail where? There isn't any toll if you take this route if I am not wrong. So what are you talking about? Excuse me.
Old 7th October 2020, 17:01   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To join Tumkur road from Bellandur, I used to take NICE road all the way. Buy since NICE still does not accept fastag, I am planning to take ORR to Hebbal and beyond towards Yeswantpura. I plan to drive on very early morning, so may not face much city traffic. I hope I can avail fastag if I choose this option.
It looks like all the infra for Fastag is ready, they are not simply implementing it as there is no pressure from govt to implement it. Hope someone bell this cat, big lines on entry and exit with this inefficient system currently.
Old 7th October 2020, 17:47   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Avail where? There isn't any toll if you take this route if I am not wrong. So what are you talking about? Excuse me.
I meant the toll booth at Bagalakunte near Parle factory.
Old 7th October 2020, 18:01   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you starting early morning (upto 7:30 AM) or returning late night (after 9:30PM), I find the route through Yeswantpur - Hebbal - Bellandur to be more efficient. The extra distance via NICE road, along with the extra toll, feels unnecessary.

Quote:
I meant the toll booth at Bagalakunte near Parle factory.
Yes, Fastag works here. Avoid the second lane starting from right. The Fastag reader seems slow and the line takes longer to move, based on my experience.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 09:23   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
It looks like all the infra for Fastag is ready, they are not simply implementing it as there is no pressure from govt to implement it. Hope someone bell this cat, big lines on entry and exit with this inefficient system currently.
Heard recently from a NICE employee that they are soon going to implement their own RF tag - called NICEtag or something like that. Pilot testing etc is already completed successfully as per him. According to him, fastag is not feasible because of the multiple entry and exit points and toll amount being linked to where you enter and exit.
Old 8th October 2020, 09:47   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

If they have their own RFID implementation, then it is not going to be of much help to the customers in terms of wait time at the tolls. I do not see why multiple entry/exit is a problem with implementing fastag. At the entry toll, the customer can mention the exit like they do now and be handed over a receipt and the money would be deducted from fastag. At exit toll, the receipt is verified and the vehicle is let through. Mumbai pune expressway has different exits and fastag works there. Any idea how they are able to manage?

99% vehicles have fastag. I am not going to stick another RFID sticker to the windshield for NICE road.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 09:48   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
According to him, fastag is not feasible because of the multiple entry and exit points and toll amount being linked to where you enter and exit.
That sounds like a lame excuse (though I could be wrong). Hyderabad ORR structure is similar (multiple entry and exit points with distance based toll amount) and they have implemented Fastag since few years now, works like a charm! Seems NICE road wants to maintain its monopoly and enjoy all cash transactions.
Old 8th October 2020, 10:01   #1243
BHPian

Not having contactless payment is a crime in these times! I absolutely hate opening my window during these times with people around.

One thing I am doing is while exiting I just put my ticket on the glass to be scanned without opening it. At least I reduce my interaction by half.
Old 8th October 2020, 12:07   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heard recently from a NICE employee that they are soon going to implement their own RF tag - called NICEtag or something like that. Pilot testing etc is already completed successfully as per him. According to him, fastag is not feasible because of the multiple entry and exit points and toll amount being linked to where you enter and exit.
Nice Toll is like Hyderabad ORR toll, its working perfectly fine from last 3 years without issues. Just an excuse, since no one in govt have control over them. Wish this road was developed and maintained by govt, would have been much cheaper with fastag access just like in Hyderabad.

Just hate the private road just takes cash for toll and charges almost 4 times more than other roads. With neither technology of toll collection or quality of road in-sync with modern times, its become just a money minting machine for NICE.

Last edited by shamanth : 8th October 2020 at 12:09.
Old 8th October 2020, 20:14   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to take ORR to Hebbal and beyond towards Yeswantpura. .
Yes, for an early morning start, through city is the fastest. Though you may find slightly annoying traffic around Yeshwantpur.

I used to take ORR through Hebbal earlier.

After that, used to take ORR till KR Puram - Ulsoor - RT Nagar/ TV tower - Mekri circle - IISc - Yeshwantpur.

Now I take Madiwala - Audugodi - St Marks road - MG road - Raj Bhavan - Sanky tank - IISC - Yeshwantpur.

I find the last option fastest than NICE by around 10 mins, when starting from Haralur, though NICE road Hosur road entry is only ~5 KMs from my home.

And yes, Parle toll does accept Fastag.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks