Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 16:05   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Travelled on NICE road yesterday. The authorities have started repair work from the bridge edge over Kanakapura road heading towards Mysore road. This time the repair looks more extensive since they are removing the substrate/base as well. This is unlike the earlier repair work where just the top bitumen layer was removed and re-laid with fresh tar . I hope this time they do a proper quality work

Vehicles are diverted to the opposite lane for about 2.5 kms
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:16   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Travelled on NICE road yesterday. The authorities have started repair work from the bridge edge over Kanakapura road heading towards Mysore road. This time the repair looks more extensive since they are removing the substrate/base as well. This is unlike the earlier repair work where just the top bitumen layer was removed and re-laid with fresh tar . I hope this time they do a proper quality work

Vehicles are diverted to the opposite lane for about 2.5 kms
They are white-topping the Kanakapura road-Clover leaf stretch and Mysore road-Magadi road stretch as per a NICE official.
The diversions are not causing any snarls as of now perhaps because this stretch sees lesser traffic than the Ecity-Bannerghatta stretch.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 05:03   #1308
BHPian

I travelled on the Bannerghatta - Tumkur road stretch yesterday (Saturday), and encountered 3 diversions in all (travelling towards Tumkur Road) - the first one just after the Kanakapura road junction (even though vehicles entering from the Kanakapura entrance were allowed to use the blocked portion), and two more diversions before the Magadi Road exit.

Going by the bollards, the 2nd & 3rd diversions may be merged into a single diversion soon. There seemed to be displaced bollards/sacks (used in the temporary divider), causing vehicles to weave around them.

In the early morning, these diversions were not causing too many jams, except slow moving traffic caused by slow moving trucks in the available single lanes. However, jams were starting to develop in the Tumkur road direction, by around 11-12.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:43   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Still no sign of fastag, don't know if two months of testing is not enough to activate fastag?

At the entrance at tumkur Road it says concretization in progress, so as per earlier reports state govt is fighting the case in court since NICE had not laid concrete road, so they were blocking Fastag.

So NICE lost the case and state govt allowed fastag? Though could not see any news on what happened to court case and why did state govt allowed fastag suddenly in NICE road.
Old 17th December 2021, 18:48   #1310
BHPian

Interesting, I just an sms pop in about Fast tag now on NICE road.
I am WFH today, will check it out on Monday afternoon/evening if true.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-sms-nice-fastag_20211217.jpg
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 18:50   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This is the SMS:
NETC FASTag now accepted at "Electronic City Toll Plaza & NICE Road - Bangalore"
It's just Deja Vu .

balenoed_ had posted about such an SMS in January this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Interesting, I just an sms pop in about Fast tag now on NICE road.
I am WFH today, will check it out on Monday afternoon/evening if true.

Attachment 2246227
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 18:57   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

I did take the NICE road twice on Tuesday this week. Had to pay cash. I did ask the booth operator, but he replied in the negative.
Old 17th December 2021, 20:53   #1313
Senior - BHPian

The SMS keeps coming. And strangely, it’s always from HDfC bank.

The entrance at K’Pura road towards ecity is very crowded these days.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 21:00   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The SMS keeps coming. And strangely, it’s always from HDfC bank.
I feel this is a business tactic. You get "excited" reading FASTag and NICE in the same statement and try to test your very first experience with FASTag only to realise that you had to pay cash. NICE authorities manage to meet their targets in these tough times of WFH for most folks from e-City area - PUN INTENDED !!
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 22:01   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Used NICE after almost 2 years today. Had to pay cash but not happy due to the inconvenience of ongoing concrete work. Perhaps they should reduce the toll for time being until the work is complete but that is too much to expect in India.
Old 18th December 2021, 09:20   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I did take the NICE road twice on Tuesday this week. Had to pay cash. I did ask the booth operator, but he replied in the negative.
I asked one of the toll attendants last week about fastag , he replied in the negative and then he made a remark "Nam company mele namigene nambikke illa saar"
Roughly Translating to " Even we do not believe our company now Sir"
sandsun7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:09   #1317
Distinguished - BHPian

If coming to Bangalore from Hosur side, how to take the NICE road towards Tumkur Road? Somehow I always end up in a lane that takes me to the city. Absolutely hate it. That location has just way too many lanes and Google maps has not helped. Some simple-to-follow instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:17   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
If coming to Bangalore from Hosur side, how to take the NICE road towards Tumkur Road? Somehow I always end up in a lane that takes me to the city. Absolutely hate it. That location has just way too many lanes and Google maps has not helped. Some simple-to-follow instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Here are some simple to follow instructions (I hope this is still correct since I did that last about 2 months ago, and now every day something changes there )

1. When coming from Hosur, do not enter the leftmost toll lanes leading to the E-city flyover.
2. Skipping the flyover, continue driving towards Bangalore on the usual (non-toll) road below the flyover.
3. After crossing 1 major signal (this has invariably a long wait and a jam regardless of the time of the day), continue driving straight towards Bangalore.
4. Now after driving straight past this signal mentioned above, before the next signal (Signal # 2), you will see NICE road sign on the left service lanes.
5. When you see that sign as in 4 above, slide into the left service lanes and continue driving on that service lane, past Signal # 2.
6. Immediately after this Signal #2, the service lanes directly open into the entry ramp to NICE towards Tumkur.
7. Take the entry ramp and you would be on NICE road driving towards Tumkur.
8. Note: Signal # 1 an # 2 can be confusing in that traffic, but just follow the Google Maps direction there and it will ask you to move on the left service lane at the right time. There are big signs too. Moving into this left service lane at the right time is the key.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 6th January 2022 at 14:21.
Dr.AD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:19   #1319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When coming from Hosur side you only need to make sure that you do not take the lanes that lead to the toll booths. The moment you spot the BETL toll booth, you stick to the right and keep going. Little ahead you have a traffic signal and when you are closing into this, stay left so you can enter service road soon after this traffic signal where the entry ramp for NICE starts.

In summary, you spot the BETL toll booth ahead, ensure to pass it keeping that booth to your left and you are all good.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:23   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If coming to Bangalore from Hosur side, how to take the NICE road towards Tumkur Road?
The last signal on Hosur Road before the BETL junction (junction with Huskur Road) is the point to watch out for. Beyond this signal - this is the one with a big D-Mart on the left - you have to take one of the the rightmost 3 lanes that go into city as original Hosur Road, under the BETL. Do not cross over to the remaining lanes which go through the toll booths to get on top of the BETL. Once you are past the toll booths, keep to the left edge of the road. At the first signal under the BETL, take the service road. The entry ramp to NICE Road is a short distance from this junction, from this service road.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks