Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 08:39   #556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
The Nice Peripheral road is ready sans the over bridge at Baneraghatta road

Sights, sounds and smells from Bangalore: NICE Peripheral Road ready

-- Wind
Real Sigh of relief! Once the over bridge also comes, then it becomes a true 4L bypass!
Old 11th August 2010, 10:16   #557
BHPian

Directtions from Indira Nagar to Mysore road via Nice road

Hi all,

I have to drive down to Mysore the coming Sunday. I stay in Indira Nagar and have planned to leave by 5 am. Leaving early as my final destination is Kerala.

Can someone help me with best route to get to Mysore?

Thanks
Old 11th August 2010, 10:33   #558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Hi all,

I have to drive down to Mysore the coming Sunday. I stay in Indira Nagar and have planned to leave by 5 am. Leaving early as my final destination is Kerala.

Can someone help me with best route to get to Mysore?

Thanks
If you are doing it early you may as well drive through the city. Not much of a traffic at that hour.
Old 11th August 2010, 10:46   #559
BHPian

At 5 am drive through the City from Indranagar(IN)-Command Hospital-Victoria layout-Richmond Road-Kanteveera stadium-left at Hudson Circle-turn right to the Flyover and straight down to Mysore-you will reach the end of the flyover from IN under 30 mins.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:22   #560
BHPian

Thanks ampere and Judemayne!
Couple of my other friends suggested I take the NICE road. So you are saying its better to drive through the city yeah?

And is it easy to get to Mysore road via Nice road? Are there enough sign boards? I have never taken the NICE road.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:22   #561
Senior - BHPian

NICE spokesperson Manjunath Naikar said on Tuesday, “Vehicles need not travel on the narrow lanes as the NICE road is ready till...."

Guess we know that this is Master Manjunath from Malgudi Days.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:11   #562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Thanks ampere and Judemayne!
Couple of my other friends suggested I take the NICE road. So you are saying its better to drive through the city yeah?

And is it easy to get to Mysore road via Nice road? Are there enough sign boards? I have never taken the NICE road.
Since you are starting from Indiranagar, it does not make sense to take the NICE road. In spite if you want to try, best is you hit Bannerghatta road and take on the NICE. There are enough sign boards to guide you.

Folks who stay close to South Bangalore, its useful, as NICE joins beyond Kengeri and cuts-off lot of unwanted traffic.
Worth the extra mile to by-pass traffic. Would be a good option while coming back for sure.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:52   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Since you are starting from Indiranagar, it does not make sense to take the NICE road. In spite if you want to try, best is you hit Bannerghatta road and take on the NICE. There are enough sign boards to guide you.

Folks who stay close to South Bangalore, its useful, as NICE joins beyond Kengeri and cuts-off lot of unwanted traffic.
Worth the extra mile to by-pass traffic. Would be a good option while coming back for sure.
Got it. I just shifted to Indira Nagar a week back. Was residing in BTM since the last couple of years. Thus, the inclination to use NICE road. Besides I am not very sure of the route through the city apart from the one through Banashankari.
Old 14th August 2010, 23:13   #564
BHPian

Folks - I live on Sarajapur-ORR. I have to go to Mysore next weekend. I am planning to take NICE road from Hosur road. Is this recommended?

How is the connection back to Nice road near Bannerghatta road? Is it proper road surface or all dirt tracks?

Which exit should I take on NICE road, if I am going to Mysore?

Truly appreciate your help and responses
Old 15th August 2010, 05:33   #565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Folks - I live on Sarajapur-ORR. I have to go to Mysore next weekend. I am planning to take NICE road from Hosur road. Is this recommended?

How is the connection back to Nice road near Bannerghatta road? Is it proper road surface or all dirt tracks?

Works very well. Just for that small stretch where you need to go through dirt road (And not detouring around the village). Highly recommended. Go to Silk board and drive on the Hosur road to hit NICE.
Old 15th August 2010, 08:28   #566
BHPian

Quote:

Highly recommended to take the NICE road. I keep traveling very frequently from Mysore road to Hosur Road, everything is good, except for a small detour near Banerghatta road.

Cheers!
-Z
Old 15th August 2010, 14:02   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Highly recommended to take the NICE road. I keep traveling very frequently from Mysore road to Hosur Road, everything is good, except for a small detour near Banerghatta road.

Cheers!
-Z
Really worth while. You can hit silk board from Kengeri in half an hour in peak traffic! That explains its power!
Old 16th August 2010, 19:27   #568
BHPian

Thanks Folks - I think I am all set to take Hosur Road -> NICE Road
One remaining doubt - Which exit should I take for Mysore?
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:00   #569
BHPian

Update on my Bangalore - Srirangapatana - Coorg trip on 20-22 Oct

From Sarajapur road, took the back road (Atibele road) to reach Hosur road. Joined the NICE road. Things at Bannerghatta road jn have really improved and it was not a problem at all rejoining NICE road to finally exit at Mysore road. Paid toll couple of times but it was completely worth it

Thanks folks for your help
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:11   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on my Bangalore - Srirangapatana - Coorg trip on 20-22 Oct

From Sarajapur road, took the back road (Atibele road) to reach Hosur road. Joined the NICE road. Things at Bannerghatta road jn have really improved and it was not a problem at all rejoining NICE road to finally exit at Mysore road. Paid toll couple of times but it was completely worth it

Thanks folks for your help
The toll you pay is EC1-Bannerghatta Rd - Rs. 20
Bannerghatta Rd - Mysore Road - Rs 38

and its a smooth sail now, 15-18 min max to reach Mysore Rd from EC1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks