Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 14:58   #526
Senior - BHPian

Is there any Tip for crossing the mess at Bannerghatta while coming from Mysore ?

Mysore - NICE Road - Mess at bannerghatta - NICE Road - Hosur
Old 8th July 2010, 15:19   #527
BHPian

hey Scorpio,

as such its not such a mess at the bannerghatta road. Take right on the BG Road from NICE ROAD & after about few metres , you need to take the left very next to the bridge which is incomplete. This road is just opened two days back.

Earlier, it used to be a round about.

This takes you to the other stretch leading to hosur road.

This is quite easy, just try it out.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 8th July 2010 at 15:21.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:42   #528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hey Scorpio,

as such its not such a mess at the bannerghatta road. Take right on the BG Road from NICE ROAD & after about few metres , you need to take the left very next to the bridge which is incomplete. This road is just opened two days back.

This takes you to the other stretch leading to hosur road.

This is quite easy, just try it out.

Hope this helps.
@ScorpioBharath, Do understand Nandan's convention of Right-Left. Else you get take off into the opposite direction.

Here attached is a picture to illustrate. Arrowmarks would tell you the direction of traffic flow.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-nice.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 17:53   #529
BHPian

Quote:
hey Scorpio,

+1 to that

its very simple.after the BG rd toll booth go straight, it leads you to BG rd.take right here and after few meters, you would find a bridge immediately after the bridge (next to the bridge's pillar) take a left, its a lane/mud road.there is a small board which says electronic city/hosur road.this road leads you to hosur rd.
Old 8th July 2010, 21:36   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@ScorpioBharath, Do understand Nandan's convention of Right-Left. Else you get take off into the opposite direction.
Hey Amp,

Your picture shows that you have not understood the layout of the road at this location though recently. Visit the place & then you will understand that what i have said is exactly the right direction.

i have my works on Bannerghatta road in Gottigere and i stay in Kengeri satellite town. i travel on this route twice/thrice both ways everyday, six days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
+1 to that

its very simple.after the BG rd toll booth go straight, it leads you to BG rd.take right here and after few meters, you would find a bridge immediately after the bridge (next to the bridge's pillar) take a left, its a lane/mud road.there is a small board which says electronic city/hosur road.this road leads you to hosur rd.
Ad75,
i appreciate your knowledge about Bangalore roads being from Chennai. What you have mentioned is absolutely correct!

Last edited by nandans2005 : 8th July 2010 at 21:39.
Old 8th July 2010, 22:24   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Amp,

Your picture shows that you have not understood the layout of the road at this location though recently.

Ad75,
i appreciate your knowledge about Bangalore roads being from Chennai.
i have moved to chennai 6 months back,was in blr for 12yrs.moreover, i did this route yesterday,on my way to chennai from kerala

what ampere mentioned is also correct, that option also exists.i did see a lot of vehicles joining NICE rd at the point shown in the map by ampere and im told that this next to bridge route is opened recently.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:07   #532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Amp,

Your picture shows that you have not understood the layout of the road at this location though recently. Visit the place & then you will understand that what i have said is exactly the right direction.

i have my works on Bannerghatta road in Gottigere and i stay in Kengeri satellite town. i travel on this route twice/thrice both ways everyday, six days a week.
Sorry. I know which road you are referring. Did not realize that this is the section that got opened up. When I went into this road you mentioned some time back, it ended it in a dead-end. I guess what you are saying is that now its got opened up.

Is it same route for both to and fro traffic?

I corrected the picture now.
Name:  nice.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  36.7 KB

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2010 at 23:12.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:27   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. I know which road you are referring. Did not realize that this is the section that got opened up. When I went into this road you mentioned some time back, it ended it in a dead-end. I guess what you are saying is that now its got opened up.

Is it same route for both to and fro traffic?

I corrected the picture now.
Attachment 383733
The guys at the toll booth told me today that the only one way route has been opened near the gottigere area. It will take another 15 ~20 days for it to become operational both ways. Presently they are allowing only from BG road towards Hosur. Not sure of the road condition on this new stretch though, I continue to take the detour to Gottigere.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:56   #534
BHPian

babaops,

the stretch is quite ok. take this route. It will save you a minimum of about 8 mins for sure.

ampere,

check the doc. file attached. i hope its clear now. please bear with the drawing though.

what you have drawn now is also right.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc3.doc (24.0 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by nandans2005 : 9th July 2010 at 11:03.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:30   #535
BHPian

Quote:
babaops,

the stretch is quite ok. take this route. It will save you a minimum of about 8 mins for sure.

ampere,

check the doc. file attached. i hope its clear now. please bear with the drawing though.

what you have drawn now is also right.
@nandans2005 --> Thanks for the info, but I prefere to stick to my route for the time being as I stay in Gottigere and its closer to my place taking the diverted route
Old 9th July 2010, 13:14   #536
Senior - BHPian

Nandan & Ampere,

Thanks guys for sharing the info. Did not know that this lane of the road is open.

Am riding down to Palaghat in few hours, will take this route.

My default route used to be what Ampere had drawn first!

Thanks to this, I save the narrow path and traffic jam possibility.
Old 9th July 2010, 16:04   #537
Team-BHP Support

Now I hope, they complete the whole thing fast. Then it would be real nice!
Old 9th July 2010, 16:44   #538
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2010 at 11:01.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:25   #539
BHPian

Quote:

hey amp,

Its an irony that INDIA is a country with loads of miserable citizens with some fame & power who oppose the development of this country.

these guys with some local illiterate villagers keep doing something or the other to hamper progress of this stretch.

God help India.

i wonder when things will ever change here.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:58   #540
BHPian

Quote:

A friend who lives in the area told me that there still exist a stay from the court on a small parcel of land where the over bridge over Bannerghatta road is to come up. So we may have to wait some more time for a nice drive through the NICE road.

-- Wind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks