Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:24   #571
Team-BHP Support

Only problem today is entry to NICE road from Hosur road (from either sides) is not well marked. In other words the entry point is not notified well in advance. The fact that the entry runs out of the service road is a big pain and one can easily go beyond it as the service road is barricaded. Has anything happened on this front?

If not, authorities need to do something about this.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:20   #572
BHPian

There is a sign board which you can see for Mysore with Left arrow (if you are coming from silkboard side), but yes the actual entrance ramp is not well marked and I also experienced vehicles coming the wrong way :(

Another challenge I guess would be for folks who take the elevated road from silkboard. They may need to take a U-turn, I guess to join NICE road?
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:23   #573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Another challenge I guess would be for folks who take the elevated road from silkboard. They may need to take a U-turn, I guess to join NICE road?
Two mutually exclusive events in planning and timelines! And that is the result!
During the making of BETL I hoped they would take care of this, but somehow they did not want the two to be interfaced.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:41   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Two mutually exclusive events in planning and timelines! And that is the result!
During the making of BETL I hoped they would take care of this, but somehow they did not want the two to be interfaced.
I am actually happy that they didnt merge the 2 flyovers and make an intersection with signals . You never know in Bangalore.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:51   #575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I am actually happy that they didnt merge the 2 flyovers and make an intersection with signals . You never know in Bangalore.
+1 to that! Richmond Flyover, the only fly-over (in the universe) where a traffic cop used to moderate!
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:42   #576
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that! Richmond Flyover, the only fly-over (in the universe) where a traffic cop used to moderate!
Hehehe!! Everything needs a first and Richmond Flyover is one. No one can beat us on Fly over designs.

I saw markings when exiting NICE road at Bannerghatta road for going to Electronic city and there were cops also directing traffic. But that has the makings of a bottleneck with people coming from the city in Bannerghatta road wanting to take a right turn to enter NICE road, straight going traffic from Bannerghatta side and NICE road entry vehicles trying to take another right turn. I have seen problems now itself.

Nainar
Old 24th August 2010, 13:33   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Hehehe!! Everything needs a first and Richmond Flyover is one. No one can beat us on Fly over designs.

I saw markings when exiting NICE road at Bannerghatta road for going to Electronic city and there were cops also directing traffic. But that has the makings of a bottleneck with people coming from the city in Bannerghatta road wanting to take a right turn to enter NICE road, straight going traffic from Bannerghatta side and NICE road entry vehicles trying to take another right turn. I have seen problems now itself.

Nainar
Hopefully a short lived problem, since eventually the NICE road would go over the Bannerghatta road
Old 24th August 2010, 15:40   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Hopefully a short lived problem, since eventually the NICE road would go over the Bannerghatta road
What are the time lines? Are they talking of any time lines?
Old 9th September 2010, 16:02   #579
BHPian

Any updates on this road connection (Bannerghatta road overbridge) from regular commuters and local residents?

I'm planning to drive to Mysore tomorrow morning and hence planning to take the ORR->Hosur Road->NICE Road->Mysore Road. Thanks.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:26   #580
BHPian

Not Yet !

But the Stretch has a tarmac now ! It should'nt be a problem.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:06   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Any updates on this road connection (Bannerghatta road overbridge) from regular commuters and local residents?

I'm planning to drive to Mysore tomorrow morning and hence planning to take the ORR->Hosur Road->NICE Road->Mysore Road. Thanks.
It's not completely done yet but you can take that road, there is some little work remaining i guess!

Cheers!
-Z
Old 9th September 2010, 20:47   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
Not Yet !

But the Stretch has a tarmac now ! It should'nt be a problem.
Wow if there is Tarmac, that itself is good. If that helps one just go beyond Bannerghatta road from either side of NICE road, that solves the problem to a large extent.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:05   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow if there is Tarmac, that itself is good. If that helps one just go beyond Bannerghatta road from either side of NICE road, that solves the problem to a large extent.
Ampere, I usually take NICE from Tumkur Road only till Bannerghatta Road but off late I took it all the way till Hosur Road and what is being mentioned is absolutely correct and life is easy here now.

The road is well laid, and the intersection is manned by NICE personnel to manage traffic crossing each other. There might also be a traffic signal that would come up here shortly (As I could see the lamp posts installed a month back).

The only thing that remains now is connecting the 2 elevated sections on either sides of the Bannerghatta Road to make it 'nicer' and formally complete.

As of today, anyone can easily take the NICE road not bothering about the earlier mess at Bannerghatta Road section.

Time taken: To exit the Bannerghatta Toll , cross the road and Join the 4 laned section towards Hosur Road is not more than 3 minutes.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th September 2010 at 21:08.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:14   #584
Team-BHP Support

Thats a great update Parag! Thanks for that.
Will take that tomorrow morning first hour of light!
Old 9th September 2010, 21:37   #585
Senior - BHPian

Great info. Even I was not sure if I should go via Hosur Road or directly drive to BGTA Road from Silk Board. I am planning to start at 6 AM tomorrow towards Mannarkad in Kerala. Hope to reach there by afternoon around 2pm if roads are decent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks