Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:06   #451
BHPian

good news for all.

the bad patch from BG road to NICE near the gottigere area which was potholes and dust till morning today, is being relaid, the work is already started and should be completed soon.
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:29   #452
Team-BHP Support

Thats really good. They need to put more markers on this road.
Any update on when will the actual NICE link get completed?
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:48   #453
BHPian

sorry, no idea for that, but looking at the speed at which they are building it should take atleast 6 months.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:10   #454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
sorry, no idea for that, but looking at the speed at which they are building it should take atleast 6 months.
Has that litigation/case been resolved?
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:18   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good news for all.

the bad patch from BG road to NICE near the gottigere area which was potholes and dust till morning today, is being relaid, the work is already started and should be completed soon.
I believe that this has been done before and then heavy trucks and the like mess up the road again and again.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:17   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Has that litigation/case been resolved?
Litigation case from the farmers will never get over/resolved. It will take huge time and lots of trials and court orders. Expect a delay,min of 2-3 years.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:29   #457
Senior - BHPian

Just heard that the former PM H.D. Gowda is organizing a gathering on the land owned by NICE. Please enquire before you head towards NICE.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:44   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hi Gururaj, NICE road is the way to go if you dont halt at Bangalore. It is very easy to spot the NICE road when you drive from Tumkur. You will get the NICE road before you enter Bangalore.

The 4-laning from Bangalore to Madurai is almost complete with the exception of few bridges. When we start fresh from Bangalore, we usually drive to Madurai in 6~61/2 hours easily.
last week I visited till dindigul, and the road is fully complete except few kms before salem, I did till dindigul in 4 hr 50 mins from electronic city, so I guess you can reach Madurai in less than 6 hrs, and I never crossed 100km/ph
Old 24th February 2010, 12:42   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Litigation case from the farmers will never get over/resolved. It will take huge time and lots of trials and court orders. Expect a delay,min of 2-3 years.
I think that for the BG road part the court has already ruled in favour of NICE and hence the construction is started, so I dont think that patch would be delayed much.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:49   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think that for the BG road part the court has already ruled in favour of NICE and hence the construction is started, so I dont think that patch would be delayed much.
I thought this is construction of the workaround road and not the main NICE. For that I guess they need to bring down that building which stands between.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:02   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I thought this is construction of the workaround road and not the main NICE. For that I guess they need to bring down that building which stands between.
looks like some confusion.

Workaround road : the repair started yesterday, and should get completed in a few days ( my individual thought looking at the speed they were working yesterday)

Main NICE : Some time back the court had cleared the construction near the gottigere tank area, post which I have seen the road being built there. Not sure about the building if it needs to be brought down or not.

hope this clears the confusion
Old 24th February 2010, 14:57   #462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
looks like some confusion.

Workaround road : the repair started yesterday, and should get completed in a few days ( my individual thought looking at the speed they were working yesterday)

Main NICE : Some time back the court had cleared the construction near the gottigere tank area, post which I have seen the road being built there. Not sure about the building if it needs to be brought down or not.

hope this clears the confusion
Thanks. I have not seen the main NICE road construction. Need to go there once again to understand that part. 2 Months back when I went, I saw the NICE road beyond BG road "dead-ends" in front of a building (some institute I guess).
Old 10th March 2010, 13:18   #463
J.Ravi

When I exited from NICE Road on the down ramp towards Tumkur at 1:40 am on 27 Feb 2010 on my way to Goa, a huge hump there scraped the bottom of my Fiat Linea. We paid toll to NICE only to get our vehicles bottom-scraped. Why can't the NICE engineers copy their counterparts in Goa and Maharashtra the art of building speed-breakers/humps/bumps/rumbler strips?

Please see my travelogue at the following link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1774833

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th March 2010 at 13:21.

Old 19th March 2010, 20:37   #464
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

It would be good to have a single post with routes and info about how to reach the other half of NICE Road (crossing Bannerghatta Road) and vice versa when coming from Both ends (Hosur and Mysore)

The Exit to Nice Road from Hosur road is fool-proof and evident and cannot be missed.

The only confusing part is how to reach nice road either ways. Last time i travelled to coorg, I was guided in a road full of turns, twists and Speed-breakers and ended up joining somewhere near Infosys on Hosur Road.

Help Please
Old 27th March 2010, 20:47   #465
BHPian

I had passed through NICE road. While coming from Tumkur was able to find Neelamangala cutoff point easily. They took Rs83 toll till Bannerghata. The road was a breeze. My difficulty started thereafter. The security guys directed me at the end of the road to take a left and then the first right. The first right was blocked half way and a sign board saying NO Entry and hence went straight. After many inquiries and several speed breakers was able to locate the connecting NICE road to Tumkur - NO Sign boards anywhere. After finding it halfway through, at the exit paid toll of Rs15 again. Of course till reaching electronic city, it was a breeze. As it was Sunday, no rush under the bridge and was able to reach Hosur in 20 minutes. Persons crisscrossing the road diagonally is still a scare.

While returning back was guided by a taxi driver in the NICE road entrance and was able to get the connecting NICE road also without any difficulty. This time paid Rs63 plus Rs15 toll. The number of speed breakers and the broken road in the connecting road is irksome. Was able to come to Neelamangala in approx one hour fifteen minutes which I consider excellent - for avoiding Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks