Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 10:08   #361
BHPian

Is there a route from Whitefield to Tumkur Road Via NICE?
Old 17th December 2009, 11:35   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are starting early, then I guess you enter NICE road from the Bannerghata road. The roundabout still exists if you are coming from Hosur road. I did the full section from Mysore road to Hosur road. It also depends from where you are starting. If its around Koramangala/Indiranagar area, then Bannerghatta entry would be fine for early morning. If you are on the Hosur road itself, I think, the detour on the NICE road should be OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Its quite noticable , as you come on Bannerghatta road , you cannot miss the right to NICE .
Hosur road to Mysore road is OK except for a small stretch , where you take a detour to the right just before gottigere , road is bad but still very much doable with a car .
Thanks! I stay at HSR Layout, but now feel it's better to join from Bannerghatta Road as I'll be starting quite early before 4.30AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
NICE road starts from Electronic City. From Whitefield I think you can join ORR towards Hebbal from KR Puram and follow it till Tumkur Road.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:40   #363
BHPian

Quote:
There is no route from Whitefield to Tumkur road, NICE road ends at electronic city.

You need to take either outer ring road or road through city (race course, mekhri circle etc). I would suggest you take outerring road.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:49   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Thanks! I stay at HSR Layout, but now feel it's better to join from Bannerghatta Road as I'll be starting quite early before 4.30AM.

NICE road starts from Electronic City. From Whitefield I think you can join ORR towards Hebbal from KR Puram and follow it till Tumkur Road.
If you start as early as 4:30, then yes, you would the Bannerghatta entry to NICE, much faster than the Hosur road NICE section.

By the way has anyone traveled through NICE road from Mysore road to Tumkur road? Not sure if that is complete. And if yes, where does it meet on the Tumkur road?

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2009 at 13:51.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:56   #365
BHPian

@ asethi, only piece of Advice.
Be careful of heavy fog so early in the morning, do not get thrilled by good roads. You get lots of heavy vehicles. + do not stop unless it is a compulsion.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:05   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you start as early as 4:30, then yes, you would the Bannerghatta entry to NICE, much faster than the Hosur road NICE section.

By the way has anyone traveled through NICE road from Mysore road to Tumkur road? Not sure if that is complete. And if yes, where does it meet on the Tumkur road?
It has been complete for quite some time. It joins Tumkur road around 10km before nelamangala.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:56   #367
Team-BHP Support

Hey thanks! I did not know this info. Google maps does have this data. Hence the confusion.

How is the junction at Magadi road?
Sorry to ask again, is this road now available end to end, without any detours?
Old 17th December 2009, 15:06   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks! I did not know this info. Google maps does have this data. Hence the confusion.

How is the junction at Magadi road?
Sorry to ask again, is this road now available end to end, without any detours?
Try maps.mapmyindia.com
It shows a more up-to-date version of NICE road. I have not had good experiences with google maps, so i dont even bother looking there any more.
Even in US, i found mapquest more accurate than google maps.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:18   #369
BHPian

Quote:

Last year I travelled from Hosur Road till Tumkur Road, and it was all complete except the Hosur-Bannerghatta section.

Quote:
@ asethi, only piece of Advice.
Be careful of heavy fog so early in the morning, do not get thrilled by good roads. You get lots of heavy vehicles. + do not stop unless it is a compulsion.
Thanks, I'll definitely take care of this!
Old 17th December 2009, 15:18   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Try maps.mapmyindia.com
It shows a more up-to-date version of NICE road. I have not had good experiences with google maps, so i dont even bother looking there any more.
Even in US, i found mapquest more accurate than google maps.
Thanks. It shows an updated map. I can see the full road connection.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:20   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. It shows an updated map. I can see the full road connection.
For google maps, switch to the satellite mode and you'll see the missing/incomplete road on the Hosur-Bannerghatta link.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:21   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Last year I travelled from Hosur Road till Tumkur Road, and it was all complete except the Hosur-Bannerghatta section.
Do they still collect toll in parts or can you pay full toll one time?
Old 17th December 2009, 16:24   #373
Senior - BHPian

From Bannergatta road junction to Tumkur road junction you can pay full Toll in entry point both the sides. Even one can pay full toll towards city link road which joins ring road near PES college. Now only left over is bannergatta road junction and ring road junction near PES college.

Ravi.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:36   #374
Senior - BHPian

The toll is Rs. 63/- from Bannerghatta to Tumkur road. The work is complete and it is a smooth and fast drive but as somebody pointed out, it will be very much foggy early in the morning and a big number of heavy vehicles on road. So be careful before speeding up as the visibility could be poor to very poor.
Old 22nd December 2009, 04:13   #375

Is the work going on the Nice Road at the Bannerghatta junction, Gottigere junction where there was a dispute over land.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks