Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 11:04   #406
Senior - BHPian

+1 sdp1975 , nopes there isn't an exit to Amruth Nagar from NICE road.
Best is take NICE road from Bannerghatta road, Exit at Kanakpura road. Take right turn, head towards Konankunte ( just before METRO store).
Take a right turn here, this is Anjanapura Main road travel a little further you'll be able to find directions to Tamarind tree.
This road also connects Bannerghatta road, but I haven't been in this road to Bannerghatta Road.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:21   #407
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, sushrutha. Just now I returned from Tamarind Tree. I followed the exact route suggested by you. Anjanapura Main Road joins Kanakapura Road just after Yellamma Dasappa Institute of Technology, if you are coming from Kanakapura side. NICE road is really nice. I touched 160 kmph speed on NICE road, the first time in my Fiat Linea.

Old 18th January 2010, 11:34   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Best is take NICE road from Bannerghatta road, Exit at Kanakpura road. Take right turn, head towards Konankunte ( just before METRO store).
Sorry for the naive question, but will this get me to Yeshwantpur/Malleshwaram by any chance ?
I went to Columbia Asia Hospital (Brigade group) on Saturday
and could see the Metro store right there behind the complex.

Kindly clarify. Thanks!
Old 18th January 2010, 13:31   #409
J.Ravi

prince_pervez,

Metro has two outlets, viz., Yeshwantpur and Kanakapura Road [JP Nagar]. To reach Columbia Asia Hospital, Yeshwantpur, you have the following alternatives:

1] Take Mysore Road exit and travel towards BHEL, Chord Road [Metro works are in full swing with a lot of diversions on service roads] and then Yeshwantpur.
2] Take Magadi Road exit and travel in Magadi Road [cross congested Kamakshipalya], Chord Road and Yeshwantpur.
3] Take Tumkur Road NH 4 exit and travel towards Peenya [bewarae of truck/bus traffic] and Yeshwantpur.

I know all the three alternatives have many disadvantages. You have to choose between the devil and deep sea! I think, third alternative may be slightly better.

Old 22nd January 2010, 10:36   #410
Senior - BHPian

Friends - what is the latest on NICE ROAD - Hope still open for traffic?
Please update - thanks
Old 25th January 2010, 17:04   #411
BHPian

The stretch from Hosur Road to Bannerghatta road is re-opened and they are still charging the older fares, near to B.G road the construction is still on, so need to take a diversion at that point and then connect further on the NICE road to kanakpura road..
Old 25th January 2010, 18:09   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
The stretch from Hosur Road to Bannerghatta road is re-opened and they are still charging the older fares, near to B.G road the construction is still on, so need to take a diversion at that point and then connect further on the NICE road to kanakpura road..
+
I drove through this route yesterday.
at the end of B.G.Road, I was asked to take the left road (by a security man) and then turn right (first right) however that small road has put a No Entry by the cops,but my GPS asked me to turn the next right and I proceeded accordingly.
After 3/4 curves/turns I came back to the correct route (Road to kanakapura/Hosur)
Only worry is -no proper signages were not there in that point??
Old 25th January 2010, 19:35   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
prince_pervez,

Metro has two outlets, viz., ....
Thanks a lot brah! All that info pointed towards work from home 3 days a week.
Old 10th February 2010, 00:13   #414
BHPian

Is the stretch over Bannerghatta road completed? Are there agitations still going on?
Old 10th February 2010, 06:51   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Is the stretch over Bannerghatta road completed? Are there agitations still going on?
No, that stretch is not yet complete. Nor does it seem like getting completed in the near future
Old 10th February 2010, 07:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No, that stretch is not yet complete. Nor does it seem like getting completed in the near future
On the contrary I think it should be getting complete pretty soon within the coming months! A few weeks back I was around that area and was shocked to see the bridge construction in progress. Once that section over Gottigere lake is complete, entering and exiting Bangalore is gonna be too easy!
Old 10th February 2010, 07:15   #417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
On the contrary I think it should be getting complete pretty soon within the coming months! A few weeks back I was around that area and was shocked to see the bridge construction in progress. Once that section over Gottigere lake is complete, entering and exiting Bangalore is gonna be too easy!
There was big building around that area in that road path. Have they broken it down?

If so, that is news !
Old 10th February 2010, 07:16   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There was big building around that area in that road path. Have they broken it down?

If so, that is news !
Not sure, but think they are building around it!
Old 10th February 2010, 07:31   #419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Not sure, but think they are building around it!
Great, I thought that building will never move. There are always workaround looks like !
Old 12th February 2010, 12:38   #420
BHPian

E-city to Mysore road via NICE

Hi,

Iam going to mysore tmrw early morning ( start @marathahalli ) and plan to take NICE from hosur road. Can anyone please tell me if there are proper signages in the broken BG road section to detour both to and fro( from hosur road side and mysore road side ) ?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks