Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:04   #376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmajay View Post
Is the work going on the Nice Road at the Bannerghatta junction, Gottigere junction where there was a dispute over land.
No I think its stalled for the moment, due to a litigation.
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:19   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmajay View Post
Is the work going on the Nice Road at the Bannerghatta junction, Gottigere junction where there was a dispute over land.
If you mean to say the bad patch is over ot not ? Then yes the patch connecting BG road to NICE is done up and can be traversed w/o any problem.
Old 24th December 2009, 17:35   #378
BHPian

Bangalore - Old Madras Road to Mysore Road

I am planning to drive from Madanapalle in Andhra Pradesh to Mysore via Chintamani and Bangalore City next week. In the normal course, I enter Bangalore via NH4 (the Old Madras Road) and go through the city to exit via Mysore Road. The last time I drove this stretch at mid-day, it took me the better part of three hours from Hoskote (on the Old Madras Road) to Kengeri (on the Mysore Road) and the traffic jams left me completely exhausted. Can any one suggest a better route from Hoskote to Kengeri so that I minimize driving in Bangalore traffic? I know that the NICE road connects Bannerghatta Road with Mysore Road, but how to get onto the NICE road from Old Madras Road?

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th December 2009 at 18:04. Reason: Please Search and post in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 24th December 2009, 19:44   #379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
I am planning to drive from Madanapalle in Andhra Pradesh to Mysore via Chintamani and Bangalore City next week. In the normal course, I enter Bangalore via NH4 (the Old Madras Road) and go through the city to exit via Mysore Road. The last time I drove this stretch at mid-day, it took me the better part of three hours from Hoskote (on the Old Madras Road) to Kengeri (on the Mysore Road) and the traffic jams left me completely exhausted. Can any one suggest a better route from Hoskote to Kengeri so that I minimize driving in Bangalore traffic? I know that the NICE road connects Bannerghatta Road with Mysore Road, but how to get onto the NICE road from Old Madras Road?

1. Take the outer ring (ORR) at KR puram via Hebal, Yashwantpur and go on the NH4 till you hit the NICE road and turn left.

2. Take the outer ring (ORR) at KR puram via Hebal, Yashwantpur and continue till the Mysore road on the ring road itself.

3. Take the ORR through Marthahalli, Madivala SilkBoard. Take left and go on the Hosur road towards Electronic City, till you hit the NICE road intersection. Take the NICE road and get off on the Mysore road.

Best is option 3 as that will give you the least travel through the city. Options 1 and 2 go through the sections of ORR which are notorious for 3 minute signal halts.
Old 24th December 2009, 20:06   #380
J.Ravi

@vartakavi: You can try to save time and energy by taking the Kolar-Malur-Hosur-NH7-Electronics City-NICE Road-Kengeri-Mysore SH 17 as shown in the attached MapmyIndia, if you enter Bangalore during peak hours. NICE road starts on your left after Electronics City, when you come from Hosur towards Bangalore. But, I do not know the condition of the Kolar-Malur-Hosur stretch.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mmi.bmp (782.1 KB, 1706 views)

Last edited by J.Ravi : 24th December 2009 at 20:08.

Old 24th December 2009, 21:20   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
@vartakavi: You can try to save time and energy by taking the Kolar-Malur-Hosur-NH7-Electronics City-NICE Road-Kengeri-Mysore SH 17 as shown in the attached MapmyIndia, if you enter Bangalore during peak hours. NICE road starts on your left after Electronics City, when you come from Hosur towards Bangalore. But, I do not know the condition of the Kolar-Malur-Hosur stretch.
@Ravi,

Thats a very good point. I am not aware of the road status from Malur to Kolar. But Malur to Hosur is very decent which goes via Bagalur and hits Hosur after another 8km. I have used this stretch quite many times.

There is hardly any traffic, and should be doable fast. Thats a good find.
Old 31st December 2009, 10:58   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Does anyone else feel the road surface of NICE corridor between Bannerghatta Road and Mysore road has deteriorated since it opened? Ofcourse, it still is quite a good road. Its just that earlier it used to be a lot better.
Agreed. Took the NICE road from Tumkur Road to Bannerghatta Road on 27.12.09, and the road surface seemed to have deteriorated a bit. Still better than most Indian roads.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:01   #383

Hi All!!1

I am planning to go to Mysore on 14t Jan from Chennai..

Can you please let me know how to reach Mysore Road from Hosur without entering Bangalore city?

I have been hearing abot the NICE Road...

I once stayed in Bannerghatta couple of years ago...That time I took the diversion from Hosur road and went upto a certain distance on a really nice road but it was truncated at one point and I had to take a diversion through some really bad road to reach Bannerghatta..

Is this the samre road that is now called the NICE road?

Is there any other alternate route to reach Mysore road avoiding the traffic?

Thanks.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:56   #384
Team-BHP Support

When you enter Bangalore from Hosur, after crossing Electronic City you will see the NICE road exit to your left.

Just take and keep going till you see Mysore road exit. NICE road continues still further till Mysore road.

Be aware, its not continuous at Bannerghata. follow the trucks where they get down on to the right at Bannerghatta. You will hit the Bannerghatta road and then take left towards Bannerghatta. You will see the NICE road hoarding once again.

Just follow the truck traffic and you will be there.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:20   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

@Prem - pls note this point highlighted by Ampere. Just follow the trucks. Or ask "MYsore Road ?"

Quote:
ampere : Be aware, its not continuous at Bannerghata. follow the trucks where they get down on to the right at Bannerghatta.

Just follow the truck traffic and you will be there.
If you still miss it the Nice road :
1. Continue on Hosur Road upto Silk Board, take left towards BTM Layout.
2. Take Left onto Bannerghatta Road
3. Continue on Bannerghatta Road till the Nice Road intersection, take right onto Nice Road and reach Mysore Road.

Last edited by condor : 9th January 2010 at 19:24.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:41   #386
BHPian

Nice Road Blocked

The complete stretch of NICE road is blocked , I had to come through city and reach my home on sarjapur road yesterday evening . Generally i take the NICE to go to Mysore from Sarjapur road .
Looks like the farmers agitation led by Mr. Deve Gowda will go on for sometime .
Old 11th January 2010, 10:49   #387
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thank God! I was thinking of ripping the lancer on NICE yesterday. I'm so happy I didn't bother.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:13   #388

Bad Scene...I am travelling to Mysore from Chennai on 14th...Can I take the NICE road or should I take a diversion somewhere??

Please suggest alternate routes!!!
Very Urgent...Pls help!!!
Old 11th January 2010, 13:13   #389
Senior - BHPian

Today's update.
NICE Road was open till Mysore road from Magadi Road junction. But closed from thereon.
Took this route today morning while returning from Chikmagalur
Old 11th January 2010, 15:18   #390
BHPian

Yesterday Evening I was going through Bannerghatta road and saw that the NICE entrance was blocked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks