Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:22   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
the route at the point of the broken BG section would be as follows for you

Nice road ( hosur road to broken section point)
take right ( go straight till the first turn)
take left (continue on the road straight)
you reach BG road
Take left
go straight (arnd 300 mtrs)
the road to Mysore (Nice road) would be on your right (then follow the signs)

hopw this helps you.
Please let know how to do the reverse. From Mysore Road, how to reach Hosur Road en route to Sarjapur Road. I want to take the Hosa Road/Jail Road to reach my home and every time I end up taking some wrong turn or other and reach Electronic city, instead of NICE road.
Once I reach BG road, should I take left or right? How to get back to the NICE road again? Thanks
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:32   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Please let know how to do the reverse. From Mysore Road, how to reach Hosur Road en route to Sarjapur Road. I want to take the Hosa Road/Jail Road to reach my home and every time I end up taking some wrong turn or other and reach Electronic city, instead of NICE road.
Once I reach BG road, should I take left or right? How to get back to the NICE road again? Thanks
AFAIK, from the Mysore road reach the exit of the NICE road near gotigere and take left. After around 300 mtrs take right and then at the dead end take left and again take right at the end continue until the road end. Take a right and cross a banyan tree. Make sure you are on the right side of the road when crossing the banyan tree. This road will take you above the ramp and touch NICE road. from there you will reach the bannerghatta NICE road toll booth and then follow the signs
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:53   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Forget the mugging aspects, even the pot holes are so deep that if you miss them, god save the suspensions !
+1 , this is one reason I generally avoid taking the EC->BG Rd stretch on the NICE road.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:00   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
+1 , this is one reason I generally avoid taking the EC->BG Rd stretch on the NICE road.
Yesterday I realized this. Thanks to my Fusion, I got some off-roading exercise!
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:24   #440
BHPian

Guys, Can anyone etch the same on google maps please. It will be really helpful for a noob like me
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:25   #441
Senior - BHPian

here is the map from gotigere to rejoin NICE road.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-nice-road.jpg
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:00   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
here is the map from gotigere to rejoin NICE road.

Attachment 293280
@Shishir,

If one is running a smaller vehicle, the guys there also allow you to go along the lake. That is the route I took yesterday, both while going and while coming.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:08   #443
BHPian

Quote:
@Shishir,

If one is running a smaller vehicle, the guys there also allow you to go along the lake. That is the route I took yesterday, both while going and while coming.
Ampere, You mean the road adjacent to the lake ?

@ Shishir

Thanks for the map. It really helps
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:19   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Ampere, You mean the road adjacent to the lake ?

@ Shishir

Thanks for the map. It really helps
Yes the road adjacent to the lake. Do note, its a "high-rise" road and pretty narrow, with many pot holes as well !
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:57   #445
BHPian

I would advice to not take the road along side the lake if you are on a bike. There is so much of dust flying around that by the time you are on the NICE road again you will be covered in a layer of dust. Try taking the road in the map. It is newly laid and only a small stretch is bad on it.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:26   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the road adjacent to the lake. Do note, its a "high-rise" road and pretty narrow, with many pot holes as well !
Sorry forgot to write this in the earlier mail:

There is another route to enter the NICE road. I dont know how to paste pics here so writing the direction.

1. While coming from Kanakpura side of NICE reach BG road
2. take right turn on BG road
3. go straight and take the first left ( it is after Sherwood high school building,
under construction)
4. go straight and follow the road ( you will need to take a left, then right. Its a single road with no other route)
5. go a little further and take a left go straight and you will cross NICE road from
an underpass. Take U turn and you will be on NICE.

This road is newly laid and 0 pothole except when you take the u turn and reach the earlier road ( that is hardly 10 m bad road)

p.s. Let me know how to paste the picture and I will post the map for this.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:58   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
Sorry forgot to write this in the earlier mail:

There is another route to enter the NICE road. I dont know how to paste pics here so writing the direction.

1. While coming from Kanakpura side of NICE reach BG road
2. take right turn on BG road
3. go straight and take the first left ( it is after Sherwood high school building,
under construction)
4. go straight and follow the road ( you will need to take a left, then right. Its a single road with no other route)
5. go a little further and take a left go straight and you will cross NICE road from
an underpass. Take U turn and you will be on NICE.

This road is newly laid and 0 pothole except when you take the u turn and reach the earlier road ( that is hardly 10 m bad road)

p.s. Let me know how to paste the picture and I will post the map for this.
I did see that underpass. Did not realize that its another way to go BG ! Thanks for letting is know. Will try it next time.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:27   #448
BHPian

I am thinking of taking my i10 from Mumbai to Madurai about 1600 kms. I have done this route many a time but Bangalore was always a sore point consuming lot of time. Coming from Tumkur, please let me know how to take NICE road and avoid Bangalore at least partially if not fully and reach Tumkur.

Any suggestions for route as per the present road conditions are welcome particularly from Krishnagiri to Madurai ..whether the four laning is complete and how much time it may take from Bangalore to Madurai.
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:33   #449
BHPian

Hi Gururaj, NICE road is the way to go if you dont halt at Bangalore. It is very easy to spot the NICE road when you drive from Tumkur. You will get the NICE road before you enter Bangalore.

The 4-laning from Bangalore to Madurai is almost complete with the exception of few bridges. When we start fresh from Bangalore, we usually drive to Madurai in 6~61/2 hours easily.
Old 23rd February 2010, 05:48   #450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
I am thinking of taking my i10 from Mumbai to Madurai about 1600 kms. I have done this route many a time but Bangalore was always a sore point consuming lot of time. Coming from Tumkur, please let me know how to take NICE road and avoid Bangalore at least partially if not fully and reach Tumkur.

Any suggestions for route as per the present road conditions are welcome particularly from Krishnagiri to Madurai ..whether the four laning is complete and how much time it may take from Bangalore to Madurai.
If you are coming from Tumkur, will see heavy construction work on NH4 after Neelamangala. Keep going till you see the NICE road indication. Turn on to this road (the NICE will take you to the right of NH4). This is a tolled expressway. You will pass Mysore road, Magadi road, Kanakpura road, BMIC intersection and hit Bannerghatta road. Here the road temporarily ends. Ask the security folks there how to go to the Hosur part of the NICE road they will guide you.

And then from Hosur road, its the famed NH7 all way to Madurai. Just follow the same. I hope you plan to bypass Bangalore in daylight. I am not very comfortable on NICE road at late hours. Though others may be, this is my personal choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks