Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 11:07   #586
BHPian

My experience

My experience with NICE road is good, Last time when I drove from Chennai<-> Kengeri<->Koramangala,

+ves:
Wider roads, huge confidence to overtake.
Roads are good except for few stretches of undulation.
No signs of civilization around, so not much of interference on this stretch.

-ves:
No availability of two way toll tickets
Toll charges bit high.
Attendants at the tool booth take their own time to issue tickets (i.e.) not pro-active.
Direction/route Markings on this road are in bad shape & at places not clearly visible.
Diversion before the lake bed, the 1-2 km stretch is very bad, suspension takes a beating here. Recent trip, they have got rid of the diversion & it was all smooth, not sure what happ recently/
Old 21st September 2010, 18:44   #587
BHPian

Gottigere Stretch - NICE Road

Hello , please let me if the Gottigere stretch of NICE road is done ? Earlier we used to take a diversion and then reach Bannerghatta road .
Any Update will be useful . Thanks.
Old 21st September 2010, 18:59   #588
Senior - BHPian

When was the last time you took this route ? I am guessing you are asking about when you come from Tumkur into the city using the NICE road. Then yes, it has been done with proper tolls and visual markings. Last time I took this route was sometime in May this year.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:13   #589
Team-BHP Support

Well done for the time being. The Flyover is not up, but within minutes you can get to the other leg of NICE road. No issues at all and very highly recommended.

Last edited by ampere : 21st September 2010 at 19:19.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:45   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Hello , please let me if the Gottigere stretch of NICE road is done ? Earlier we used to take a diversion and then reach Bannerghatta road .
Any Update will be useful . Thanks.
The Bridge is not yet done, so you will have to get onto Banerghatta Road, but only for 100 metres or less. Boards are there.

Either way, get onto Bannerghatta Road by taking right and immediate left. No problems at all. Just did this road 2 weeks back, albeit for the first ever time
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:16   #591
BHPian

Gottigere Stretch - NICE Road : Thanks

Hello thank you everyone for the quick replies . I last took this route in April this year , will be taking it again sometime in december this year . Just was curious to know whether its been done . Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:57   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Hello thank you everyone for the quick replies . I last took this route in April this year , will be taking it again sometime in december this year . Just was curious to know whether its been done . Thanks
The stretch hasn't been completed means that the overbridge crossing over Bannerghatta Road is pending however, as most of the Bhpians have already replied earlier, You can get on to the other side of BG road within 2 minutes and continue further over the 4 laned section "without any issues".

The present arrangement rules out a driver taking a major deviation onto a bad section/stretch to get onto NICE in Gottigere. Its very simple as illustrated below.
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-gottigere.jpg

I could do as much with mspaint for a closest representation.
Old 22nd September 2010, 21:36   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The stretch hasn't been completed means that the overbridge crossing over Bannerghatta Road is pending however, as most of the Bhpians have already replied earlier, You can get on to the other side of BG road within 2 minutes and continue further over the 4 laned section "without any issues".

The present arrangement rules out a driver taking a major deviation onto a bad section/stretch to get onto NICE in Gottigere. Its very simple as illustrated below.
Attachment 428160

I could do as much with mspaint for a closest representation.
That's the exact sketch.
I did a trip today from Tumkur side entry to Electronics City exit.
All looks good, other than few major maintenance works near Kanakapura exit side and other place near that.

But ,due to heavy truck flow, the road condition is deteriorating.
A >100KMPH ride is not so comfortable like earlier.
Old 22nd September 2010, 21:58   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
But ,due to heavy truck flow, the road condition is deteriorating.
A >100KMPH ride is not so comfortable like earlier.
Tell me about it. And the road was meant to carry traffic from the Heavy Trucks as well but is nowehere comparable to any part of NH4 too. I can honestly admit that it only saves a lot of time to travel from two extreme points.

Culverts and bridges almost throw you off your seat if doing more than 100kmph!!

Lot of undulations and dips have appeared and the worst I realized are the entry and exits which have a bad design, especially when it comes to merging with the main roads.

The patrolling is utter nonsense and the boards that mention trucks to take the slow lane is a Joke on NICE Road. The barricades placed under Magadi Road and the NICE Office are extremely dangerous at nights and during rains due to their poor visibilty and haphazard reflective stickers often confusing any driver.

End of the day, I still continue using this at least 2 times a week between Tumkur Road and Hosur Road.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd September 2010 at 21:59.
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:24   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Tell me about it. And the road was meant to carry traffic from the Heavy Trucks as well but is nowehere comparable to any part of NH4 too. I can honestly admit that it only saves a lot of time to travel from two extreme points.

Culverts and bridges almost throw you off your seat if doing more than 100kmph!!

Lot of undulations and dips have appeared and the worst I realized are the entry and exits which have a bad design, especially when it comes to merging with the main roads.

The patrolling is utter nonsense and the boards that mention trucks to take the slow lane is a Joke on NICE Road. The barricades placed under Magadi Road and the NICE Office are extremely dangerous at nights and during rains due to their poor visibilty and haphazard reflective stickers often confusing any driver.

End of the day, I still continue using this at least 2 times a week between Tumkur Road and Hosur Road.
Absolutely.
With those heavy tolls, this is not the standard we expect.

The new NH roads all over south are extremely good with many folds of traffic than NICE road.

At the end, NICE road is just a private property and a road through that property.

No fuel bunks/eateries.Heavy traffic on bangalore roads is the only cause which attract people to this road,not the quality.
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:01   #596
Team-BHP Support

That is good point. Forget eating places. They should at least put petrol bunks one in each leg one on either side. But I guess these bunks would go bankrupt for want to customers, as still usage is not that high.
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:16   #597
Senior - BHPian

Disappointing point is road quality is bad , remember it is built by Mythas infra. that answers it I think. May be they are not bothered to maintain it.

Ravi.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:02   #598
BHPian

I guess this would turn out to be a white elephant?, the undulation on the road I guess is caused due to the extreme summer temperature & result of tar melting. The same effect is seen on the chennai-vellore stretch.

Last time I drove from Kaikondrahalli, sarjapur to Kengeri, it took me 50 minutes. Imagine the drive through the city, easily would have taken close to 2 hours to say the least.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:14   #599
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for the updates. I would be driving to Masinagudi tomorrow morning and would be taking NECE to exit to Mysore Road from Electronic City.
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:32   #600
BHPian

Now, I am scared with all that diagram at Gottigere. I am leaving in 3 days to Mumbai using the NICE to bypass the city. So once on NICE road is'nt it straight forward to reach Tumkur?

I had another query into getting into NICE from Hosur side with pictures. Can someone help? Thanks.

My query on this page: Link#7

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks