Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 15:34   #631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
From Electronics City to Kanakapura Road, is it advisible to take NICE road?

In Google map, there is still a break near Bannargatta road juntion. Can anyone advise?
Any corridor from NH7-NH4 (Hosur to Tumkur Road), if you stay close to NICE road, its worth taking. Hassle free driving all the way.
E-City? All the more so.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:44   #632
BHPian

Quote:

In Google map, there is still a break near Bannargatta road juntion. Can anyone advise?
Absolutely. When you reach the Bannerghatta road junction just turn right onto Bannerghatta road and after driving just a little distance, you will find the entrance to NICE road again on the left. After that it hardly takes around 5-10 min to reach Kanakpura road. Did this last month when we visited Shivanasamudra. In the morning we took the Silk board - Bannerghatta road - Nice Road - Kanakpura road and while returning we took NICE road all the way. Saved a lot of time doing this.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:58   #633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Take the NICE road without a second thought. It is connected completely; dunno why Google maps shows a discontinuation.

Kanakpura rd (the patch near ICFAI business school towards Banashankari) is all messed up because of the Metro work.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:07   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Take the NICE road without a second thought. It is connected completely; dunno why Google maps shows a discontinuation.
Is it? I visited this on Saturday and there was still a gap near Bannerghatta road although the road work seems to have been completed, it wasn't open yet.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:19   #635
BHPian

While going from E-City towards Kanakpura or Mysore road, you still need to hit Bannerghata road. There is no continuity as of now. Must be completed soon. But NICE road still saves a lot of time
Old 30th November 2010, 16:56   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Is it? I visited this on Saturday and there was still a gap near Bannerghatta road although the road work seems to have been completed, it wasn't open yet.
The road overbridge on Bannerghatta Road is not in place yet. You still need to get down on Bannerghatta road and get back on NICE road. Once this bridge is complete, the whole stretch of NICE road will connect NH4-NH7 without any deviation.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:54   #637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
It's construction is complete; but to continue on it, you have to exit towards Kanakpura rd and then take the next entry to NICE rd..
Old 30th November 2010, 23:11   #638
BHPian

Thanks for all the info guys. I did this route this evening.
There is a break at Bannargatta road junction. But they've made good alternate deviation. It's about half a km and reasonably neat.

Other than this, it was a wonderful drive. Very less traffic at 5pm.
I was driving alone, kept at 80kmph, switched-off the music, rolled up the windows - Just me and my MultiJet. Felt great.
(This was my drive on Nice road).

And to spoil the evening, Kanakapura road was a big mess. Took >1 hour from Metro to BTM junction.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 30th November 2010 at 23:30.
Old 1st December 2010, 06:58   #639
Team-BHP Support

The other day I had to drive from Hosur road / Silk Board to some where interior of Rajarajeshwari Nagar (RRN). I naturally assumed either I take the ORR; hit Mysore Road and enter RRN or drive up to NICE on Hosur road and come back from Kengeri after getting off.

I thought I would take the ORR route one way and NICE the way back. Since I did not know the place inside RRN, I took along my Garmin. I checked on the router that Garmin indeed was asking me to go through ORR and Mysore road.

So I drove till Kanakapura road (Banashankari bus stand) from Silk board. Since I was sure of Garmin route I then followed Garmin directions. Later I realized it had asked me to cross the ORR and enter Uttarahalli through the Uttarahalli main road, and before I knew I was doing Off-Roading below the BMIC NICE express highway and entering RRN without any traffic jams!

That was a pleasant Garmin surprise (with Satguide maps). In fact I was more so, as Satguide had accounted the underpass below the BMIC highway. (Just that there was no road there!)

Whats more? I saw many cabs take that route and then realized that Garmin had not let me to some unknown destination!

The Uttarahalli route may be common to many, but going below NICE was a first time experience for me!

Here is the route link: (from Silk Board to the RRN temple)

Outer Ring Rd/Service Rd to Unknown road - Google Maps

Needless to say I drove back via NICE in the same time but double the distance (17 versus 43)
Old 24th December 2010, 12:02   #640
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Hi,

I need to reach Nelmangala from ITPL for an onward journey. Is it advisable to take the NICE Road from Hosur? If yes can someone guide me on the route to be taken to reach the NICE Road?

I also understand that there is a road from Hope Farm crossing that comes out near Hosur so that may be the fastest alternative but I am not sure of the route.

Rgds
Old 24th December 2010, 13:08   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
I need to reach Nelmangala from ITPL for an onward journey. Is it advisable to take the NICE Road from Hosur? If yes can someone guide me on the route to be taken to reach the NICE Road?

I also understand that there is a road from Hope Farm crossing that comes out near Hosur so that may be the fastest alternative but I am not sure of the route.
I think NICE road would be very roundabout for going from ITPL to Nelamangala (About 75+ kms instead of 45) and it would probably take you longer as well because the route from ITPL to the start of NICE road at Hosur road isn't all that fast (irrespective of which of the 2-3 alternatives you take).

Better to take the ORR to Tumkur road and the new flyover to Nelamangala, you should be able to cover the distance in about an hour I'd think.
Old 24th December 2010, 13:17   #642
Senior - BHPian

NICE road should be too far for you. Outer ring road-Yeshwantpur should be fine for you.
Old 24th December 2010, 13:22   #643
Team-BHP Support

If its early morning drive through the city.

One alternate option is via NH207

Whitefield-BIAL Road - Devenahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet
This will take you beyond Nelamangala. I hope you want to go ahead on NH4. If not, this is not an option).

NICE is a roundabout.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:29   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other day I had to drive from Hosur road / Silk Board to some where interior of Rajarajeshwari Nagar (RRN). I naturally assumed either I take the ORR; hit Mysore Road and enter RRN or drive up to NICE on Hosur road and come back from Kengeri after getting off.

I thought I would take the ORR route one way and NICE the way back. Since I did not know the place inside RRN, I took along my Garmin. I checked on the router that Garmin indeed was asking me to go through ORR and Mysore road.

So I drove till Kanakapura road (Banashankari bus stand) from Silk board. Since I was sure of Garmin route I then followed Garmin directions. Later I realized it had asked me to cross the ORR and enter Uttarahalli through the Uttarahalli main road, and before I knew I was doing Off-Roading below the BMIC NICE express highway and entering RRN without any traffic jams!

That was a pleasant Garmin surprise (with Satguide maps). In fact I was more so, as Satguide had accounted the underpass below the BMIC highway. (Just that there was no road there!)

Whats more? I saw many cabs take that route and then realized that Garmin had not let me to some unknown destination!

The Uttarahalli route may be common to many, but going below NICE was a first time experience for me!

Here is the route link: (from Silk Board to the RRN temple)

Outer Ring Rd/Service Rd to Unknown road - Google Maps

Needless to say I drove back via NICE in the same time but double the distance (17 versus 43)
The route you have shown in google maps actually goes ABOVE NICE road and not BELOW. There is another entry into RR Nagar which goes below NICE road. You can take a right just after the BMTC Bus stand on uttarahalli main road into Purnapragna Nagar and that takes you below NICE.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:46   #645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
The route you have shown in google maps actually goes ABOVE NICE road and not BELOW. There is another entry into RR Nagar which goes below NICE road. You can take a right just after the BMTC Bus stand on uttarahalli main road into Purnapragna Nagar and that takes you below NICE.
I have no idea about that, as I have never driven on the Express road to NICE Road junction. Here is a snapshot of the track-log.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-nice.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks