Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 11:57   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Now there is a plan for Bangalore-Mysore 6 lane via Malavalli.

New expressway may link Mysore and Bangalore - The Times of India

Folks not happy with NICE not taking off.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 17:49   #767
BHPian

Hi Bangalore members - can you please help me?

Next Friday, I have to drive from my village near Madanapalle to Mysore. I will be coming via Chintamani and getting on to the Old Madras Road at Hosakote. I expect to be touching Hosakote around 11am.

Is there any route that will allow me to avoid the traffic in Bangalore ? I do not mind travelling a longer distance or paying tolls if I can avoid traffic!
Old 12th March 2012, 18:36   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Now there is a plan for Bangalore-Mysore 6 lane via Malavalli.

New expressway may link Mysore and Bangalore - The Times of India

Folks not happy with NICE not taking off.
Which means trouble for NH209 lovers like me !! 6 laning work from Bangalore to Malavalli would mean slow driving on those stretches for at least a year !
Old 12th March 2012, 19:14   #769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Which means trouble for NH209 lovers like me !! 6 laning work from Bangalore to Malavalli would mean slow driving on those stretches for at least a year !
I think they are planning a totally different road. It should not be anywhere close
to NH209. (It better not be! Even I would want it to be like that).

EDIT:
@asadon, @vartakavi

Please
NH 648 (Old 207) is I think in very good shape. But one still would need to come into Sarjapur town
and cross it come on to take the SH35 to Attibele. Crossing the town is a 4x4 experience.

Last edited by ampere : 12th March 2012 at 19:24.
Old 12th March 2012, 19:16   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Hi Bangalore members - can you please help me?

Next Friday, I have to drive from my village near Madanapalle to Mysore. I will be coming via Chintamani and getting on to the Old Madras Road at Hosakote. I expect to be touching Hosakote around 11am.

Is there any route that will allow me to avoid the traffic in Bangalore ? I do not mind travelling a longer distance or paying tolls if I can avoid traffic!
Yes you can, from Hoskote, take left for NH 648(old NH 207), and follow it till you reach Sarjapur, and then come till Attibele crossing where you meet Hosur road(NH7), take right turn below the flyover, and join the main road. Come straight till you reach Electronic City Phase-I signal, from Attibele till Electronic City Phase - I, you will encounter one more signal at Veerasandra, after which you can see BETL flyover, so you can't miss the road. From E City Phase-I signal, take the service road on left side to reach NICE road.
Attached Thumbnails
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-nice.jpg  

asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:46   #771
BHPian

NICE Road - Bangalore; Bangalore - Madikeri route

I am new to Bangalore. I have a few questions:

1) What is the best (ie fastest, safest, least stressful) way to go from Bellandur, Bangalore to Madikeri, Coorg in a self-driven car?
2) Google maps gives me a route via Mysore. And I have heard that there is a Bangalore-Mysore NICE expwy. I would then consider taking this expwy. Which exactly is this expwy? Is it SH-17? Or NH-209? Or some yet another new road not shown in Google maps? If I search on the expy in Google maps, it shows me a truncated road that hardly runs 4-5 kms out of Blore!
3) Is driving adviseable? Or would you suggest that we go by bus?

Thanks,
Venkat
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:51   #772
Senior - BHPian

Re: NICE Road - Bangalore; Bangalore - Madikeri route

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

1) What is the best (ie fastest, safest, least stressful) way to go from Bellandur, Bangalore to Madikeri, Coorg in a self-driven car?
2) Google maps gives me a route via Mysore. And I have heard that there is a Bangalore-Mysore NICE expwy. I would then consider taking this expwy. Which exactly is this expwy? Is it SH-17? Or NH-209? Or some yet another new road not shown in Google maps? If I search on the expy in Google maps, it shows me a truncated road that hardly runs 4-5 kms out of Blore!

Thanks,
Venkat
There is no expressway between Bengaluru and Mysore. NICE only has a peripheral ring road outside Bengaluru.
You have to use Mysore road or some people use the one through Kanakapura to reach Mysore.
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:57   #773
Senior - BHPian

Bellandur - Hosa Road - Electronic city (Enter NICE Road) - Kengeri (Exit NICE) - Mysore - Madikeri.

Did Bangalore - Mysore last week and absolutely no issues with the road but watch for few bumps. No idea about Mysore - Madikeri stretch
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:23   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Bellandur - Hosa Road - Electronic city (Enter NICE Road) - Kengeri (Exit NICE) - Mysore - Madikeri.

Did Bangalore - Mysore last week and absolutely no issues with the road but watch for few bumps. No idea about Mysore - Madikeri stretch
I did do Bangalore-Madikeri few weeks back. The roads are super good from Mysore to Madikeri. If you are coming from Bangalore, avoid taking the Mysore ring road. It is bad and instead I would prefer to enter the Mysore city.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:05   #775
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Venkat
Hope this road will lead you to Madikeri safely -

From Bellandur ---Outer ring road --Banerghatta Road Junction, take left, and follow the road till you get NICE Road entry on your right, on the way you will cross Appollo Hospital, Fortis Hospital on your right and a Shell Fuel station on your left.

Take NICE road and toll ticket till Mysore road exit, exit on left and take Mysore road.

After Srirangapatna, you will find an Indial Oil pump and a road taking a right turn from Bangalore-Mysore road, take it and follow it, it will bypass Mysore and put you on SH88 if I am not wrong. Follow the road, its in great condition till Coorg(Madikeri).
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:28   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Hope this road will lead you to Madikeri safely -

From Bellandur ---Outer ring road --Banerghatta Road Junction, take left, and follow the road till you get NICE Road entry on your right, on the way you will cross Appollo Hospital, Fortis Hospital on your right and a Shell Fuel station on your left.
I think instead of taking the Outer Ring Road till Bannerghatta road junction, it would be better to turn left at Sarjapur Road junction and take the Hosa Road right turn after Total Mall. This way, you can be on Nice Road sooner instead of the going through the traffic on ORR ( especially near Silk Board and BTM ).
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:44   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think instead of taking the Outer Ring Road till Bannerghatta road junction, it would be better to turn left at Sarjapur Road junction and take the Hosa Road right turn after Total Mall. This way, you can be on Nice Road sooner instead of the going through the traffic on ORR ( especially near Silk Board and BTM ).
He says he is new in Bangalore, thats why I have given that option, Hosa road can be tricky for someone who is new, and then getting into NICE from opposite side.
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:11   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
After Srirangapatna, you will find an Indial Oil pump and a road taking a right turn from Bangalore-Mysore road, take it and follow it, it will bypass Mysore and put you on SH88 if I am not wrong. Follow the road, its in great condition till Coorg(Madikeri).
Please do not take the bypass road as suggested above. It is shortly after Srirangapatna and goes off to the right (it goes via Ranganathittu bird sanctuary). The problem with the road at present is that it is in a bad condition. I have ridden on that road a month or so ago and that was bad enough, I can only imagine how miserable it will be in a car.

The Mysore ring road is definitely the better option than this road.

My personal suggestion is take the ring road rather than go through town just because of the traffic and signals you will wind up encountering on the way through town. The ring road is in the process of being worked on now, so it is not in the best condition but is still manageable. It is the road I use every time when going to Coorg.

@vharihar - Driving all the way from Bangalore to Madikeri is not a problem as the road is good most of the way. Your biggest problem will be numerous speed breakers and driving through an urban area every 10 to 20 km with all the towns on the Mysore road. From Mysore to Coorg it is slightly less. If you are driving because you intend to use your own car there in Coorg to go exploring then by all means take your car.

If you do not intend to do so, then feel free to take the bus. There are quite a few Volvo buses that go daily to Madikeri and they leave from either Shanthinagar bus stand or the Satellite bus stand on Mysore road. The buses are comfortable and pretty convenient.

Last edited by pganapathy : 3rd April 2012 at 23:23.
Old 4th April 2012, 01:08   #779
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Venkat
Well although most of your questions have been answered by folks here, this dedicated route thread for Bangalore-Coorg will get you information:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-route-16.html

It has all the up-to-date route/road info depending upon where you want to go in Coorg.
Happy Driving!

Last edited by luvurride : 4th April 2012 at 01:10. Reason: Spell Check
Old 4th April 2012, 10:34   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Venkat
Since you are new and I am assuming you are going to Coorg for the first time, I would say stick to the known roads such as

1. ORR from Bellandur to Banerghetta Road (take left under the flyover at the signal),
2. NICE road from Banerghetta toll to Mysore road exit (Please move to the left lane when you see the first Mysore road exit board, its easy to miss the exit)
3. SH17 aka Mysore Road untill Columbia Asia hospital (take right at the signal you will hit the ORR), though widening is still going on but its one straight road and avoids Mysore traffic.
4. Take the right at the signal which shows Hunsur (I think there is a trianglular glass building at this signal)
5. Keep straight on this road, you will pass Hunsur town and pass via Kushalnagar to reach Madikeri (Again there are several ways inside Coorg so depends on where you are staying.)

heres a map, hope its useful

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-coorgroute.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks