Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

My usual week trip include a drive / ride on NICE Road. The road is fully done except the flyover over mysore road, Kanakpura road.

Similar thread exists
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:55   #17
BHPian

Does using the NICE road to go to Mysore and then proceeding to Coorg makes sense, compared to taking the Mysore Road to Shri Rangapatna, skip Mysore to Hunsur?
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Err NICE road to mysore doesnt exist as of now. Its only the peripheral ring road thats nearly complete other than the bridges.
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

But you can still use NICE from south bangalore to reach kengeri town and bypass the initial city traffic on the Bglr-Mysore Rd.

Cross Metro (on your right) and Khodays Factory (on your left). As you follow the road you will see a over-head bridge perpendicular to the road - this is NICE road.

Turn RIGHT here to join NICE. The approach to NICE (around 50 mtrs) is untarred but becomes very good afterwards.

This info was given by alabjarus , I still have to try it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Does using the NICE road to go to Mysore and then proceeding to Coorg makes sense, compared to taking the Mysore Road to Shri Rangapatna, skip Mysore to Hunsur?

Last edited by dadu : 23rd January 2008 at 15:40.
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:15   #20
BHPian

Nice road does connect Mysore road from Kanakpura road after the Khoday's call centre(2 kms approx from there)
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

What about the actual BMIC, I mean Bangalore to Mysore or they are yet to start that main section ? How much progress has been done?Or we still only have the periphery section(the one all of you people are talking about) ready ?
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Last I heard, there was no work so far as the entire project is under litigation.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

The only next govt will decide (i think). But the work is progressing on its territories.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

HC clears hurdle in NICE way

The High Court on Thursday directed the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewarage Board to facilitate the works of Peripheral Road and a link road part of Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project by executing and permitting the shifting, replacing and laying of water and sewage pipelines at four locations in the City, within four weeks.

Source/Full news
Old 25th January 2008, 16:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ye..Way to go Mr.Kheni. Hope the High Court will also clear all the hurdles the previous government has created as soon as possible.
Old 25th January 2008, 16:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
HC clears hurdle in NICE way

The High Court on Thursday directed the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewarage Board to facilitate the works of Peripheral Road and a link road part of Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project by executing and permitting the shifting, replacing and laying of water and sewage pipelines at four locations in the City, within four weeks.

Source/Full news
Dadu, the real road block is Bannerghatta Road intersection. I hope that part gets resolved and we will find some improvement to the outer ring road.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Its about 6 months since I move out of Bangalore, just wondering if I come from Electronic City can I use the Peripheral road to reach the Tumkur road without any hurdles in between. Am thinking of driving down from Chennai towards Hubli....

thanks

Srikanth
Old 29th January 2008, 12:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Hi,

Its about 6 months since I move out of Bangalore, just wondering if I come from Electronic City can I use the Peripheral road to reach the Tumkur road without any hurdles in between. Am thinking of driving down from Chennai towards Hubli....
Srikanth

There would be hurdles because Bannerghatta Rd work isn't complete. There would be a bad stretch of road to negotiate. Read posts #5 and #12 from theMAG in this thread and PM him since he seems to be the one who has used Mysore Rd to Tumkur Rd stretch of NICE road.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Except the stretch at Bannerghatta road, Rest of the road is complete. Once can now easily travel from E.City to Tumkut road(vice versa) with ease.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Except the stretch at Bannerghatta road, Rest of the road is complete. Once can now easily travel from E.City to Tumkut road(vice versa) with ease.
There is one more bad stretch. Whicle coming in NICE road from E.City the connecting road to B'ghatta road apart from Bannerghatta road to Nice road which connects to Mysore road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks