Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 11:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
I have an Hyundai Accent (low ground clearance )and have planned to go to Tumkur Road in next week.

I am a bit concerned about the entrance from Bannerghatta Road to BMIC road, has anybody travelled recently from Bannerghatta Road to Tumkur Road. As a precaution I was thinking of entering it from Kanakapura road. Any advise would be great, request inputs from whoever has traveled recently.
I went there last week. Its still an offroader's dream come true. You are better off taking it from Kanakpura road.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

Election commission has asked the Govt to hold on to any decision re Nice road until the elections -> Karnataka governor's clearance to road project stayed - National News – News – MSN India - News
Old 9th May 2008, 15:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

I think Ashok Kheny has not started this project at the right 'Muhurut". Somebody or the other is putting the spanner for this project form the beginning. Hope the next govt which ever comes will take it further (except Devegowda's party)
Old 9th May 2008, 15:21   #79
BANNED

Do you think in a religious place like India, and a rich man like Kheny doesn't consult the best of astrologers to get time?

I am 100% sure Kheny got the correct 'Muhurat'. What has happened is 'Astrology has failed before Deve Gowda'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I think Ashok Kheny has not started this project at the right 'Muhurut". Somebody or the other is putting the spanner for this project form the beginning.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:00   #80
BHPian

Sigh, I have already lost hope. This road will never see the light of day and all the investment, gone wasted.

Good infrastructure is always only in dream, i have driven on this road from the bannargatta road to Mysore road and i can only say its amazing, well built with good amount of thought.
Old 10th May 2008, 21:18   #81
BHPian

Connectivity

Am planning A trip to mysore Next week,I want to know whether I can opt for the NICE road or should I travel in the state highway.
Old 11th May 2008, 12:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

NICE Road to Mysore is not ready (even 5km not completed). As of now take normal statehighway which is 4 lane.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th May 2008, 13:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

NICE road to Mysore will definitely take ages i think and @ the pace their work is going on no one can ever come out with a date when it will be completed.
Statehigh is fine and you should not have any problem except for some traffic zones in between which you might be aware of anyway.
Old 11th May 2008, 14:15   #84
BHPian

Thank You

Thank You guys for your replies.Will take the state highway itself.
And B/W where do these Highway patrol Book for Over speeding..I have read in newspapers about Cases Being booked for over speeding in Mysore Road
Old 14th May 2008, 12:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

On my trip to Nandi hill (same road to BIAL airport), I saw the NICE corridor intersecting it at some point.

Is it possible to take NICE corridor at kanakpura Rd (by south bglr ppl) and then reach that intersection onwards to the BIAL or do we have broken roads inbetween ??
Old 14th May 2008, 12:40   #86
BHPian

took the nice road after nelamangla till where it meets the magadi road. Damn good road and great place to touch good speeds in your car and very less traffic. The best part is the entire stretch i covered was lined with steep mud walls and hence very less chance for pedestrians to cross, so a safe place i guess for all the speed freaks to try out their cars there.
Old 14th May 2008, 15:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

Now, with what the predictions go in news papers, the new government has to have Devegowda as a partner, this project will certainly go for long sleep.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:07   #88
BANNED

When did the newspapers' predictions come true?
Their prediction vary from 15% to 55% for the 2 parties in KA !
So whatever the number, it will match with atleast one newspaper's predictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Now, with what the predictions go in news papers,
Old 14th May 2008, 17:32   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
And B/W where do these Highway patrol Book for Over speeding..I have read in newspapers about Cases Being booked for over speeding in Mysore Road
Haven't seen any as yet or encountered these chaps during my innumerable drives to Mysore.
Just watch out , in case you spot these imbeciles slow down. Simple !!
Old 24th May 2008, 12:04   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I went there last week. Its still an offroader's dream come true. You are better off taking it from Kanakpura road.
Thank you guys for the information. I took this road, its fantastic and it saved me atleast 2.5 hours (one way). As per you advise I entered BMIC road from Kanakapura Road and went to Tumkur road, travel time was approximately 25 mins.

While returning I entered from Tumkur road and exited on Bannerghatta road. As you have said the exit/entrance to Bannerghatta Road is non-existent and may get dangerous if its rains.

DON'T TAKE THIS EXIT if it has raining or rained a while ago. Kanakapura road entry and exits are better ones.

I still managed to do this bad stretch with my accent and it was worth the trouble because of the time, fuel and driving effort that was saved.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 24th May 2008 at 12:05.

Most Viewed