Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 13:28   #106
BHPian

Read in today's TOI, Bangalore edition. All Government clearances have now been given to NICE road completion (however official order is awaited -- don't know what this means!!). Looks like BSY did some surfing on this thread

Expressway gets govt clearance-Bangalore-Cities-The Times of India

Regards
Old 9th July 2008, 17:38   #107
Senior - BHPian

the article...

NICE road gets govt clearance
TIMES NEWS NETWORK
Bangalore: The Karnataka government is said to have given approval to governor Rameshwar Thakur’s order allowing the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises to carry on the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project. However, an official government order is yet to be issued.
Thakur, after consulting the law department during President’s rule, had reversed decisions of the Kumaraswamy government stalling the project. The governor had directed an empowered committee headed by chief secretary Sudhakar Rao to take all necessary measures for early completion of NICE projects.
Because the go-ahead was given when the poll process was under way, the Election Commission stayed the governor’s order. The stay was vacated on May 29 after completion of assembly elections. The high court asked the new government to take a final call.
The government’s nod comes after detailed legal examination of the matter.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

So the work left on the NICE Road connecting the Kanakapura road,the Bannerghatta road and all the way to Hosur road (some stretches were undone)will be finished.
Gowda clan totally were against it.Phew! hopefully this government should finish it.
Old 10th July 2008, 09:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
So the work left on the NICE Road connecting the Kanakapura road,the Bannerghatta road and all the way to Hosur road (some stretches were undone)will be finished.
Gowda clan totally were against it.Phew! hopefully this government should finish it.
Yup, NICE road should be totally completed asap. It had already stetched enough.

Abhi
Old 10th July 2008, 10:25   #110
Senior - BHPian

SC sweeps aside last roadblock to BMIC

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: The Supreme Court on Wednesday stayed the Election Commission order, issued during the assembly polls, directing the state government to withhold permission to the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises project.

Governor Rameshwar Thakur’s executive committee in April gave the green signal to BMIC promoters Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises to go ahead with the project. As the decision was taken when the assembly elections were in progress, the EC directed the government of Karnataka, then under President’s rule, to withdraw its order. The government acted accordingly.

NICE challenged the EC order in the apex court on the grounds that the project had got the approval of 12 departments and, at most, the EC could have deferred the order till the poll process concluded on May 28. Aware that court would take up the hearing on EC order, sources said government on Tuesday decided to respect the earlier orders of both SC and HC — to provide land to NICE for the project.

The decade-old project had been stalled by the Kumaraswamy government. However, the governor, during President’s rule, reversed the Aug 2007 cabinet decision, allowing NICE to complete the project. The sole case pending in SC is the contempt plea filed by NICE against officers and the government for not acting on the court’s orders.
Old 10th July 2008, 10:34   #111
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, if someone can help, I might be going towards the Mysore side from Hosur road on my way from Chennai, is there someway I can use the NICE road and avoid coming inside the city..Cheers.
Old 10th July 2008, 10:54   #112
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the latest droplets from the grapevine appear to be as follows...

Apparently the current powers that be secured the HDDG/HDK clan's acceptance of this BMIC project clearance by gently suggesting that they would shift Monsieur Le Comte HDK's Rajiv Gandhi Univ from Ramanagara to Davangere which would have caused Monsieur Le Comte HDK and his (illustrious!!??) and sleepy, rabble rousing Pop, L' Empereur HDDG, to lose considerable face in their neck of the woods.

Obviously this means more to Monsieur le Comte HDK and his courtiers/henchmen/gangmembers/ collective zoo, so they have decided to lay off the BMIC issue.

Of course it is another rumour altogether that Monseigneur Le Baron Kheny and his construction/road building contract cartel contributed no less than 50% of costs/expenses towards the recent official powershift in May.

just imagine the scenario in our country, how much horse trading and deal making goes on behind the scenes and almost NONE of it, is beneficial to the common voter/tax payer...

anyways, in this particular case, hopefully over the next one year, we will see the Gottigere Stretch and the Bannerghatta Road Approach getting cleaned up and those of us who wish to, can reach Mysore in an hour and a half via the BMIC road!
Old 10th July 2008, 11:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

We have been waiting and waiting for this to happen. I feel that current govt. would make this happen ASAP.
btw, currently I have seen this NICE road being used by people but not sure how far we can go if we take this for Mysore from Bangalore. Any inputs?
Old 10th July 2008, 11:24   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
We have been waiting and waiting for this to happen. I feel that current govt. would make this happen ASAP.
btw, currently I have seen this NICE road being used by people but not sure how far we can go if we take this for Mysore from Bangalore. Any inputs?
You can reach Mysore road after Kengeri by taking this road. The current road is just a peripheral road around Bengaluru. The actual BMIC corridor consisting of a new road from Bengaluru to Mysuru hasn't been started yet.
Old 10th July 2008, 14:25   #115
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

correct srishiva:
the new project BLR-MYSORE BMIC superhighway hasnt yet begun.
But atleast if one gets to use this road which is ALMOST done, then we can cut a clean 30-40 minutes off our normal time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
You can reach Mysore road after Kengeri by taking this road. The current road is just a peripheral road around Bengaluru. The actual BMIC corridor consisting of a new road from Bengaluru to Mysuru hasn't been started yet.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:12   #116
Senior - BHPian

Enter Karnataka, Electronic City phII - you will start seeing the elevated expressway work- electronic city phase I, you will see an overhead bridge with a connecting road on the left to join it. I think that the only overhead bridge you will see entering karnataka on hosur road.

Take that, its the NICE corridor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Hi guys, if someone can help, I might be going towards the Mysore side from Hosur road on my way from Chennai, is there someway I can use the NICE road and avoid coming inside the city..Cheers.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Enter Bangalore and once you are on Highway to Hell(Hosur Road) look towards your left for infy's campus.

Right after Infy's campus you will find the NICE road with an over bridge. Take the left and you are on the NICE road.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:46   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Once you enter Karnataka, you will pass electronics city after about 20 kms. Watch out for a Pyramid shaped glass building (Infy) on your left. After you pass that, get on the service road at the first oppurtunity and take the ramp to NICE Road.

NICE road is incomplete on either side of Bannerghatta road. You will have to get off NICE road after 10 kms. When you do, you will see an underpass on the left of the mud ramp you will take. Make a U turn there, go through the underpass and drive along for 1.5 kms on the mud road. You will join a black top road. Take right there and keep follwing the road. It goes right-left-left-right. After 2 kms you will hit a T junction with a major road. That is Bannerghatta Road. Take right.

Watch out for a board of St.John College of Nursing and an ATM on the right side of the road. As soon as you pass that board, take a left to a mud road. After you endure 1.5 kms of no-road, you will be back on NICE road and bliss.

On NICE road, you will first pass Kanakpura road and then hit Mysore Road. Here you need to get off NICE Road and take Mysore Road.

The entire run from Hosur Raod to Mysore Road can be done in 30 mins.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 10th July 2008, 18:03   #119
Senior - BHPian

Ahh! nice to note and hear at last the last hurdle has been removed by SC. The State Govt is also in favour of this road. Hope no hurdles will come now (except our own DG). He may be suporting the Centre and in indian politics anything can happen.....
Old 11th July 2008, 05:55   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Once you enter Karnataka, you will pass electronics city after about 20 kms. Watch out for a Pyramid shaped glass building (Infy) on your left. After you pass that, get on the service road at the first oppurtunity and take the ramp to NICE Road.

NICE road is incomplete on either side of Bannerghatta road. You will have to get off NICE road after 10 kms. When you do, you will see an underpass on the left of the mud ramp you will take. Make a U turn there, go through the underpass and drive along for 1.5 kms on the mud road. You will join a black top road. Take right there and keep follwing the road. It goes right-left-left-right. After 2 kms you will hit a T junction with a major road. That is Bannerghatta Road. Take right.

Watch out for a board of St.John College of Nursing and an ATM on the right side of the road. As soon as you pass that board, take a left to a mud road. After you endure 1.5 kms of no-road, you will be back on NICE road and bliss.

On NICE road, you will first pass Kanakpura road and then hit Mysore Road. Here you need to get off NICE Road and take Mysore Road.

The entire run from Hosur Raod to Mysore Road can be done in 30 mins.

Cheers,

Rajan
I had moved from Bangalore to Chennai last year so I know the entry ramp to NICE at Electronic City, my only worry was I would be coming down in a Wagon R so was not sure if I can complete the entire stretch without any troubles. I might start around 1 in the afternoon which means I would be reaching Ecity by 6 with my sedate timing, do you think I would be able to manage to cross the stretch without any difficulties before its too dark for comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks