Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 13:33   #46
BHPian

ggkg, options to reach BIAL from Mysore :

As sushrutha suggests, the ORR route - Kengeri - satellite town - magadi road junction - Goraguntepalya - hebbal - yelahanka - devanahalli is the most viable - shorter route option with flowing traffic - apart from B'lore city route, that is !

Other option as you suggest - there is a good road from Nelamangala to Devanahalli via Dodballapur. If you take NICE road before kengeri ( climb left after Bombay rayon factory ) and join Tumkur road - take left to reach nelamangala ( 10 km ), right at bye pass signal ( NH48 and NH4 junction ) pass thru town and turn right on old NH4 towards Dod'pur ( if in doubt, ask for road to madhure or Hejjaji ). This road is good and joins Dod'pur at 'D'cross - turn right towards b'lore - road level rly crossing - proceed straight at junction ( right to b'lore )( see board). The road joins NH7 just after Devanahalli. The distance from N'gala to devanahalli is approx 55 kms. traffic is less - NP lorries use it to avoid b'lore. not advisable at night.
You could also join this road if you take a right turn opposite Himalaya drugs at Makali - pass Golden spa and resorts and touch miyenahalli.

Maddur - kunigal - N'gala is also good but very ! very long ! - NICE option is better.

Please get back for any clarifications,

regards
Old 18th February 2008, 14:01   #47
BHPian

Connectivity or no-connectivity, this road is by far the best in Bangalore and I am sure no-one will contest that (except a couple of simians called kumaraswamy and devegowda). This is Bangalore's answer to the Delhi's DND or Gurgaon highway of Mumbai-Pune Expressway. My sincere wishes to Mr. Ashok Kheny for this commendable job and hope that some day it gets extended to the new International Airport, thereby cutting the travel time for the people travelling from - Electronics City, Banerghatta Road, Kanakupra Road, Mysore Road and practically the whole of South Bangalore. I guess this could be an easier and certainly faster way to build the connectivity, compated to the metro / mono or any other for of connectivity.

Mr. Governor hope you get all these messages and do something to ease the road travel blues we Bangalorean's face, at least for some stretches.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:11   #48
BHPian

Thanks guys, I missed the updates. Let me try the long and short out one day when there is no flight to catch and also see the scene (if any).. 55km from Nelamangala does seem long compared to city route but if it only means another 20 minutes or so more, I would gladly do that to escape the Bangalore gas chamber.
Old 19th February 2008, 22:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
If, by safety you mean personal safety, yes - its much safer than a public road .There are wardens and patrols 24/7 on NICE.
Thanks. I reason I asked is I didn't find any lights on that stretch.
Old 1st March 2008, 06:18   #50

Overbridge

Are they working on the OverBridge at the Mysore Road junction, Mysore Bangalore Railway line and Magadi Road?
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Mysore - Bangalore Railway line and Magadi, Kanakapura(Scary narrow bridge), Tumkur, Hosur road bridges are complete.

Only issue I see right now is Bannergatta road crossing (0.5km both the side) and Mysore road (100 meters both the sides) over bridges not ready.

Otherwise Tumkur road to hosur road is complete.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

ggkg's flight mention gave me quick thought... once the new BIAL is thrown open and all HAL is closed... and 1 fine day daddy gowda and sons gowda' travel 3-4 hours from JP nagar to Devanahalli thru city... guess who will be LAUGHING... kheny, kheny, kheny...(also me)... cant wait to see that day...
Old 24th March 2008, 13:08   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

NICE road at the beginning of Mysore highway (after that bridge under construction) is open for public for "test drives"? I remember people going there for a spin.
Old 24th March 2008, 19:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

NICE road is complete except for 1 km Bannergatta road junction, bridges in crossing of Mysore state highway. Thats it.

But the way politics is moving/changing the face day by day If single party don't find majority in the election to form the government I feel infrastructure projects further delayed. Very sad situation.

Ravi.
Old 27th March 2008, 15:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Guys. News update-there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

-------TIMES OF INDIA, Bangalore, 27-Mar-08-----------
BMIC: A DRIVE THROUGH LEGAL MAZE?

Apex court holds govt in contempt

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court and Supreme Court have rapped the state government on as many as five occasions in the past three years on the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (BMIC) case. Politicians and officials have been pulled up for contempt.
The latest episode was on Tuesday, when the SC slapped a contempt notice on the state government, asking it to reply to the petition filed by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), promoters of BMIC. The court has issued notices asking the government to explain why the SC order on BMIC was not implemented.
The first reprimand came in May 2005 when the Karnataka HC allowed NICE to go ahead with the BMIC project. The SC upheld the order on April 20, 2006, imposing a fine of Rs 5 lakh on the state government for making a “frivolous’’ appeal against the Karnataka High Court ruling which upheld the BMIC project. Clearing the Rs 2,250-crore four-lane expressway, the apex court said: “The entire appeal was with malafide intention.’’
The apex court also imposed a penalty of Rs 50,000 on former MLAs J C Madhuswamy and G V Srirama Reddy, who had appealed against the HC verdict.
The next reprimand — perhaps the most severe of all — came when the SC, in November 2006, dismissed the state government’s review petition. The government sought a review of its April 20 order on the BMIC project and a rehearing on the matter. The Kumaraswamy’s government had contended that NICE had secured 2,150 acres of excess land around Bangalore worth over Rs 30,000 crore, which would affect future generations and result in a loss to the exchequer.
Having been rapped by the courts on several occasions, the Kumaraswamy government, in October 2007, took different route to stall the BMIC project. The state cabinet decided to ditch NICE and invite global tenders to complete BMIC project. The government also shortlisted Global Infrastructure Consortium (GIC) to further take up the project. However, the plan remained only on paper, as the SC struck it down in November 2007.
In addition to the state government, the SC has also served contempt notices on seven bureaucrats for non-compliance of its April 2006 order — KPCL chairman P B Mahishi, former PWD principal secretary Sudhir Krishna, former revenue secretary S M Jamdar, UDD secretary Subash Chandra and bureaucrats Rame Gowda, Shashidhar and Mukunda Hemmige.
In a fresh development, NICE is likely to petition SC for serving contempt notices on two more officers — Karnataka pollution control board chairman H C Sharat Chanda and bureaucrat Ramesh Zalki.
------------
Old 9th April 2008, 09:47   #56
BHPian

Any update on the connectivity between Bannerghatta road and NICE road towards E.City?
Old 17th April 2008, 17:39   #57
BHPian

Has anyone taken the Mysore Road-Tumkur Road stretch of the NICE Road recently? Is this stretch still open?
Old 18th April 2008, 07:11   #58
BHPian

Road is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
Has anyone taken the Mysore Road-Tumkur Road stretch of the NICE Road recently? Is this stretch still open?
I did use the road from Tumkur road to bannerghatta road on Monday last (15th April). The road is awesome to say the list except for the entrance to BG road (which anyway you are not using as you wish to enter from Mysore road onwards). BG Road entrance - You can endure the 10 minute entrance to BG road and rest is great.

subbarp

Last edited by subbarp : 18th April 2008 at 07:12. Reason: spelling
Old 18th April 2008, 11:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

The road remains much of the same as it was 1 month earlier. There is a little Progress. But it is slow. :-(
Old 18th April 2008, 12:05   #60
VBV
BHPian

One small progress though, is that if you're coming from BG road towards Mysore road, there is a overhead bridge at Kanakpura road. You don't have to get down there... In the reverse direction, you still have to cross the road at ground level.

VBV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks