Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 08:39   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

@srikanth: I would suggest that one should avoid the NICE road after dark, especially if traveling alone or with family.

The stretch joining bannerghatta road to NICE road is not in good shape for cars even in the day -- leave alone dark.

I use the NICE raod between b'ghta road - Mysore road daily, but I drive in a Gypsy so no issues.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:12   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@srikanth: I would suggest that one should avoid the NICE road after dark, especially if traveling alone or with family.

The stretch joining bannerghatta road to NICE road is not in good shape for cars even in the day -- leave alone dark.

I use the NICE raod between b'ghta road - Mysore road daily, but I drive in a Gypsy so no issues.
I had skipped coming via Bangalore, instead went via Sathyamangalam, Chamrajanagar on my way to Masinagudi and on the return I took the Gudalur, Ooty, Mettupalayam, Sathy and back, did not want to cross Bangalore through peak hour traffic at around 6 PM
Old 6th August 2008, 10:55   #123
Senior - BHPian

Guys - Please avoid OT in this thread - Many Bangalore'eans are reading this thread with Interest there is a lot at stake if this gets completed --------WHICH just got more MURKIER--------

TIMES OF INDIA - 6-AUG-2008, Bangalore Edition

SMOOTH RIDE

All hurdles cleared for NICE projects

Panel Approves Works On Expressway, Peripheral Road

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: The Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Project could finally be on the home stretch. The empowered committee on BMICP, headed by chief secretary Sudhakar Rao, on Tuesday is understood to have given the goahead to Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) on pending works relating to the peripheral road and expressway. This effectively means all administrative decks are cleared for the company.
Barring a few patches where land has not been made available by the government, NICE has c o m p l e t e d major portions of link and peripheral roads. With this green signal, NICE is all set to take up works in the bottlenecks.
Due to the Kumaraswamy government’s numerous roadblocks, the BMIC project was entangled in a legal battle for four years. The company even filed a contempt case in the Supreme Court against the state government for disobeying its order on the case.
Unwilling to go against the SC order, governor Rameshwar Thakur’s executive committee had issued an order paving the way for completion of peripheral and link road, that had been stalled by the Kumaraswamy government. Besides, the committee also asked Rao to take all necessary steps for early completion of the rest of NICE’s projects, including the expressway connecting Bangalore and Mysore.
The JD(S), as coalition partners of the Congress and the BJP, did everything possible to stop the project, but the SC came to NICE’s rescue. The government was rapped on five occasions by the Karnataka High Court and Supreme Court in the past three years in the BMIC case.
Interestingly, the government during President’s rule modified Kumaraswamy’s cabinet decisions taken in August 2007, which proposed inviting global tenders to take up the BMIC project through the Swiss Challenge method. However, the S u p re m e Court struck down this idea.
B e fo re passing an order, the executive committee had taken note of NICE’s core contention, which said the state government was
doing everything at its command to frustrate and defeat the various writs of mandamus issued by the courts, with a view to kill the project contrary to the direction of the courts.
“We have completed 39.5 km of the total length of 41 km of peripheral road; 7.1 km of the 9.1 km of link road and only 4.5 km of expressway. The remaining portions of the roads and the interchanges are incomplete owing to non-availability of lands,’’ NICE representative said.

SC rejects NICE plea

On Monday, the Supreme Court rejected NICE plea to hear the project’s alignment road near Gottigere lake and directed the petitioner that the matter be heard in Karnataka High Court where the matter is pending.

BOTTLENECK AREAS ON NICE PROJECTS

Bangalore: With the empowered committee giving green signal, NICE is all set to take up works in bottleneck areas, including:

Link Road:

9.1 km taking off from SH 17 (Kavika and linking the expressway)
At 0 to 0.6 km linking expressway and Mysore Road near Byatarayanapura and Divitigeramanahally village.
At 1.4 km, BBMP is yet to communicate approval for diversion road at ring road and integrating bridge and ramps across Outer Ring Road, which is pending for the last one and a half years.
Between 2.6 km to 2.9 km near Hosakerehalli.
At 5.4 km, where alignment in BWSSB water pipeline has to be shifted, for which NICE has made a payment of Rs 77 lakh.
Between 7.80 km and 8.30 km near Hemmigepura village for formation of link road.

Peripheral Road

Between 8 km and 9 km on Bannerghatta Road junction, near Gottigere village for formation of road, ramps and slip roads to provide entry and exit to peripheral road.
Between 15.4 km and 16 km near Kanakapura road junction of Thalaghattapura village land required for ramps and slip road for entry and exit to peripheral road and land near U M Kaval village required to relocate high tension power line to facilitate construction of peripheral road, ramps and slip road.
Between 23.4 km and 24.2 km near Mysore Road junction, clearance for construction of bridge across Mysore-Bangalore Road and land near Kengeri for construction of ramps/slip road for entry/exit to peripheral road.
Between 33.6 km and 33.8 km near Magadi Road junction near Hosahally Gollarapalya for construction of ramps/slip road for entry/exit to peripheral road.

Expressway

Land required for laying of road from 5 km to 13.2 km is 184 acres. And 100 acres for formation of two interchanges. They fall in Gangasandra, Chinnakurchi, Vasanthahalli, Gonipura, Thippura, Hampapura, Talakuppe and Bheemanahalli.
Old 6th August 2008, 10:59   #124
Senior - BHPian

Deleted: Info already posted by Santosh

Last edited by dadu : 6th August 2008 at 11:00. Reason: Deleted: Info already posted by Santosh
Old 13th August 2008, 08:02   #125
Senior - BHPian

TIMES OF INDIA 13-Aug-2008, Bangalore

WAY TO GO

With the Supreme Court recently directing completion of the BMIC project, business leaders hope for speedy resolution of remaining hurdles

Anshul Dhamija & Debojyoti Ghosh | TNN

Bangalore: Bangalore Inc has welcomed the Yeddyurappa government’s move to clear the few nagging hurdles before the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Project (BMIC). Business leaders told TOI the project must be speedily completed.
BMIC has had a bumpy ride so far — battling over two dozen court cases in both the state high court and the Supreme Court with the latter finally directing the government to complete it without creating more hurdles.
“The project is absolutely essential for citizens of Karnataka and this government must ensure its completion without succumbing to political pressure,” said T V Mohandas Pai, director, Infosys. “The project, when completed, will provide great economic benefit to the state and improve the morale of industry. Currently, morale is low because of politics surrounding the growth of infrastructure.”
With bickering coalitions a thing of the past, industry biggies are optimistic of development. “The present government must show the political will to speed up completion and place no road-blocks in the last stages of the project. It must also ensure that the infrastructure corridor connects to the central parts of the city,” said Capt G R Gopinath, vicechairman and MD, Deccan.
Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, CMD, Biocon, says industry is most concerned that a project like BMIC, which will decongest the city, is repeatedly being stalled or put off due to “certain vested interests”. “Not only will this project connect North Bangalore to South Bangalore with people not having to traverse the city, but also ease horrendous traffic on Hosur Road. There is a Supreme Court directive on this issue and the government must adhere to that,” Shaw said.
Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE), promoters of BMIC, has completed most link and peripheral roads. But at several locations, it hasn’t received land from the government to complete those stretches.
So far, the promoters have completed 39.5 km of the total length of 41 km of peripheral road; 7.1 km of the 9.1 km of link road and only 4.5 km of the expressway to Mysore.
“NICE was one of the first few PPP (public-private partnership) projects in Karnataka. Its completion will open up many windows,” said D Muralidhar, president, Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI). “Suddenly, Mysore will move closer by more than an hour and we could expect a lot of activity in this corridor. With vast tracks of land available, the scope for development suddenly expands. This could lead to softening of land prices in and around Bangalore. For the harassed and hapless commuter, the road will cut down travel time to Mysore.”
There are other benefits such as creation of townships, which may help take pressure off the city. “In the future, one should see an upside in activities along the expressway, which canhelp rural people. It is now a good opportunity to develop places like Bidadi and Ramanagaram,” says S Viswanathan, chairman, CII Karnataka.
REMAINING ROADBLOCKS
On Link Road (9.1 km taking off from SH 17 — Kavika and linking the expressway)
Between 0 and 0.6 km linking expressway and Mysore Road near Byatarayanapura and Divitigeramanahally village
At 1.4 km, BBMP is yet to communicate approval for diversion road at Ring Road and integrating bridge and ramps across Outer Ring Road, which is pending for the past one and a half years
Between 2.6 km to 2.9 km near Hosakerehalli
At 5.4 km, alignment in BWSSB water pipeline has to be shifted, for which NICE has made a payment of Rs 77 lakh
Between 7.80 km and 8.30 km near Hemmigepura village for formation of link road
On Peripheral Road (Tumkur Road to Hosur Road connecting Magadi, Mysore, Kanakapura and Bannerghatta roads)
Between 8 km and 9 km on Bannerghatta Road junction, near Gottigere village for formation of road, ramps and slip roads to provide entry and exit to peripheral road
Between 15.4 km and 16 km near Kanakapura Road junction of Thalaghattapura village land required for ramps and slip road for entry and exit to peripheral road and land near U M Kaval village required to relocate high tension power line to facilitate construction of peripheral road, ramps and slip road
Between 23.4 km and 24.2 km near Mysore Road junction, clearance for construction of bridge across Mysore-Bangalore Road and land near Kengeri for construction of ramps/slip road for entry/exit to peripheral road
Between 33.6 km and 33.8 km near Magadi Road junction near Hosahally Gollarapalya for construction of ramps/slip road for entry/exit to peripheral road On Expressway (from Bangalore to Mysore)
Land required for laying of road from 5 km to 13.2 km is 184 acres. And 100 acres for formation of two interchanges. They fall in Gangasandra, Chinnakurchi, Vasanthahalli, Gonipura, Thippura, Hampapura, Talakuppe and Bheemanahalli
Old 13th August 2008, 12:02   #126
Senior - BHPian

Just read this in TOI today and Kheny expects to complete this project by Dec'09. It will be much relief to people and the industry people. Mysore can develop as a alternative to Bangalore. Hope everything runs fine. HDK has already nformed and making news that he will stage protests (similar to Nandigram) if any extra lands are given to NICE for connstructing the roads. Keeping the fingers crossed...
Old 13th August 2008, 15:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Cant the police/military kill him like a politician killed in the kashmir rally yesterday!!!

I spent 45Mins in 1st gear from bomnahalli near 'chameleon workshop' to reach nandi toyota - max to max 1Km!!!
Old 13th August 2008, 15:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

How is the NICE Road from Nelamangala/Peenya to Bidadi/Mysore Road?
Old 13th August 2008, 15:47   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
How is the NICE Road from Nelamangala/Peenya to Bidadi/Mysore Road?
Its good. No interruptions there. Its upto just after kengeri not upto bidadi
Old 13th August 2008, 15:57   #130
BHPian

Kheny is the man !! wonder what anybody else in the position would have done.. may be bribe the top ppl, very agressive man ..
Old 13th August 2008, 16:09   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Cant the police/military kill him like a politician killed in the kashmir rally yesterday!!!

I spent 45Mins in 1st gear from bomnahalli near 'chameleon workshop' to reach nandi toyota - max to max 1Km!!!
Kill whom?

AFAIK, Nice road does not connect anywhere between Bommanahalli to Nandi Toyota which is near Kudlugate.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:46   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Like the English King Henry the Second says to no one in particular, in the immortal play/ film "Becket" about the Archbishop of Canterbury - "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome Priest?" - And based on that query by the King, the Knights who are intent on currying favour with King go and assassinate poor Thomas a Becket.

"Will no one rid us at all, of the horrendous, regressive, corrupt scourge of the HDK/HDDG family?" - hopefully some wild card out there is reading this and will comply, a la those Knights of old! Instead of polishing off innocent bystanders by indiscriminate bombing attacks, why cant the wilder element do something constructive?

Disclaimer: These views are personal and mine alone - hence they cannot be construed by anyone to be representative of the views of the members of this Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Just read this in TOI today and Kheny expects to complete this project by Dec'09. It will be much relief to people and the industry people. Mysore can develop as a alternative to Bangalore. Hope everything runs fine. HDK has already nformed and making news that he will stage protests (similar to Nandigram) if any extra lands are given to NICE for connstructing the roads. Keeping the fingers crossed...
Old 21st August 2008, 10:58   #133
BHPian

Improvement on Bannerghatta Stretch

Now that Kheny has the Court's go-ahead, has there been any improvement on the Bannerghatta strech? I feel he could atleast build a kutcha road for people to us until he completes this stretch. I am planning to travel from Mysore to Chennai and use the NICE stretch from Mysore Road to Hosur Road. Hope the road is good for my car to negotiate safely. I have done this before, not sure what is the current state now.

Thanks,
~DWind
Old 21st August 2008, 11:47   #134
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Bannerghatta-Gottigere entrance to NICE road to Mysore until the tarmac starts again is as lousy as it always was - as of last weekend. Same case is with the Bannerghatta road entrance to the NICE Road which leads to Hosur/Electronic city - still not done up.
In reasonably dry weather your car should be able to negotiate both though. I ve seen plenty of the humble 800's and Alto's doing this stretch with no trouble. It is only in the wet weather that you get a lot of slush and then, negotiating those deeps ruts etc is tough except if you are in a large vehicle/ SUV/MUV/Lorry etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Now that Kheny has the Court's go-ahead, has there been any improvement on the Bannerghatta strech? I feel he could atleast build a kutcha road for people to us until he completes this stretch. I am planning to travel from Mysore to Chennai and use the NICE stretch from Mysore Road to Hosur Road. Hope the road is good for my car to negotiate safely. I have done this before, not sure what is the current state now.

Thanks,
~DWind

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st August 2008 at 11:49.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:04   #135
Senior - BHPian

I don't think all legal hassles are sorted out. You can't expect NICE to construct roads when there is no legal go ahead for some stretches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks