Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 09:07   #871
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Whats is the current toll amount from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road?
Old 15th May 2015, 09:19   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Whats is the current toll amount from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road?
The toll is Rs 155. I personally feel its too high for a distance of 40 odd km.
CrackedHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 09:33   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Exactly. Also, the lack of two way toll is a bummer.
But then, no other option.
Old 16th May 2015, 18:11   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
The toll is Rs 155. I personally feel its too high for a distance of 40 odd km.
Is there an alternate route to avoid NiCE Road to avoid toll of Rs.155/- How about traffic in this alternate road?
Old 16th May 2015, 18:38   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

If you want to save time and avoid traffic then this is the only option. Even the superb ORR in hyderabad and yamuna express way in delhi are cheaper than this NICE road toll.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 19:37   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Is there an alternate route to avoid NiCE Road to avoid toll of Rs.155/- How about traffic in this alternate road?
It depends on time of travel. It is early mornings or late nights, you can take the city roads. From Hosur Road, go via Silkboard, Forum mall, Shoolay Circle, Windsor Manor bridge, take left at Cauvery theatre junction. End of this road is Tumkur road. I think it would take an hour and half during peak hours.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 00:02   #877
BHPian

One more option is to come down from Hosur road, towards Bannerghatta Road, via BTM, join the Banashankari ring road, turn right about a km from Shoppers Stop, and continue on that road, all the way to Tumkur Road - one straight stretch, with no turns anywhere. But this would take about 1.5 hrs in journey time. Peak traffic starts at about 8 am and continues late into the night. So you may want to hit the road early, to reach faster.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:33   #878
JD1
BHPian

Took the NICE road for the first time on Wednesday morning (10:30am) for traveling to Mysore. I joined Hosur Road from Kudlu signal and was dreading Hosa junction but it was painless. The problem that I hit was that I did not take the service road at Hosa thinking there might be another entry just before PES college near Navnit motors but did not see any. Had to go to the next signal (I think that's where NICE exits towards Elex city) which was heavily jammed. After about 10 minutes when I got to pass, I couldn't take u-turn on service road because the vehicles had occupied both lanes! So proceeded straight onto service road instead of turning back and then took u-turn thinking I will then go straight when I get green the next time, but again even during my green cabs and 2-wheelers occupied my side of service lane inspite of presence of 2 traffic constables. Had to wait till they got green and cleared and finally moved onto service road back towards PES college. I wish they had a board right at the entry ramp! It's easy to miss the right turn onto entry ramp if you are traveling north towards PES college!
Regarding the NICE road itself, it wasn't consistent -there were lot of undulations and after hearing so many good things over the years, I had raised my expectations but was left little unsatisfied with the road quality. And then the slow moving trucks occupying both lanes was a bummer. I don't understand why they don't ban yellow board vehicles (non-cabs) in right most lane? Saw vehicles using shoulder lane to overtake. As a principle, I do not use shoulder lane for travel so refrained myself. However, while returning on Friday evening, the truck traffic was worse - many more slow moving trucks/tempos in right most lane (even a truck breakdown in right most lane). It really tested my patience and I too couldn't resist overtaking from shoulder lane :(
The only silver lining taking NICE road v/s ORR coming back was that I was able to bypass Hosur Road-NICE junction which gave me trouble on Wed morning as NICE exit placed me on service road (I did not know there were 2 separate exits - one traveling towards Madivala and another towards Elex city). Hosur Road was empty but service road was clogged but fortunately it was just vehicles wanting to take right turns into apartments on service road so after intermittent blocks we were moving and soon merged onto main road at Hosa junction and since it was free, in no time I was able to reach Kudlu junction and take right turn into HSR (this was approx 5:30 pm on Friday evening). The Hosur road between Hosa and Kudlu was a delight (reminded me of Lalu Prasad Yadav's infamous statement many years ago!).

Lesson learned - Take the service road at Hosa junction instead of trying to take u-turn at NICE junction.

Last edited by JD1 : 17th October 2015 at 12:34.
Old 19th October 2015, 15:44   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Lesson learned - Take the service road at Hosa junction instead of trying to take u-turn at NICE junction.
Careful - that service road has some of the worst speedbreakers Bangalore has to offer. :-)

Apart from the issues you mentioned, the lack of appropriate median is also a problem on the NICE road. At least the stretch I use (Hosur Road to Kanakapura Road and sometimes Mysore Road) the median is actually way below the road surface. The median is supposed to be raised with flora planted so as to block the glare from oncoming vehicles. In NICE Road glare is a serious problem (I travel mostly in the 3AM-5AM time).
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 22:37   #880
JD1
BHPian

NICE Road "featured" in Bangalore Mirror-
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../49602708.cms?
Old 14th December 2015, 12:09   #881
Senior - BHPian

How do I enter the NICE road (to go towards Tumkur) while coming from Hosur? Tried to search for this and could not find it (but am sure it must be there somewhere)
Old 14th December 2015, 12:34   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
How do I enter the NICE road (to go towards Tumkur) while coming from Hosur?
Link

From Hosur as you near Electronic city you will cross a traffic signal, some 200 meters ahead you can see toll booth for elevated toll road on your left. Do not take this and continue straight.

Continue on this road till next signal and get on to service road and proceed in same direction. Further ahead you will notice NICE roads elevated section cutting across NH 7. There are signboards here directing to Tumkur and Mysore. Follow this and take the left from service road and you will be joining NICE road. Toll booth is few hundred meters ahead, you need to take toll as mentioning Tumkur road (Rs.155). From there it is same road all they way till Tumkur road, do note that if you are headed towards Tumkur / Pune direction you need to keep an eye for left exit after second toll booth. It is easy to miss that deviation if not familiar with road.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 14:16   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
How do I enter the NICE road (to go towards Tumkur) while coming from Hosur? Tried to search for this and could not find it (but am sure it must be there somewhere)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Link

From Hosur as you near Electronic city you will cross a traffic signal, some 200 meters ahead you can see toll booth for elevated toll road on your left. Do not take this and continue straight.
To keep it simple, from the first signal be on the rightmost lane and move to the leftmost when you are closer to the next signal. After this second signal enter the service lane and by now you will be able to see the entry boards for NICE road.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 13:44   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Had taken NICE road yesterday, noticed new speed limit boards are installed. The current one mentions speed limit as 120 KMPH against earlier 80.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:04   #885
Senior - BHPian

I've noticed the increased speed limits but then the road surface has become patchy with undulations throughout, with my car wobbling all the while . I just can't do above 100 on this road, and I did the entire stretch from EC to Tumkur road yesterday.

For a road that charges around Rs 4/km , the quality of the road surface should be far better.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th March 2016 at 17:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks