Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 07:56   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
The 6 laning of the NH275 is far ahead with respect to land acquisition and actual work on the ground and is more likely to become a reality within the next 2 to 3 years (optimistically)
The press paints a far bleaker picture than what you portray; see for example:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/56479486.cms

The BMIC project is also in disarray; the last piece of news was:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...tal-fraud.html

If this goes to CBI then I guess we can say goodbye to the NICE expressway.
Old 8th February 2017, 11:18   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The BMIC project is also in disarray
If this goes to CBI then I guess we can say goodbye to the NICE expressway.
This project has always been a SCAM ever since the first deviation from the original plan in late 90's. This company has to be severely punished for all its misdeeds, we cannot afford to lose any more fertile lands for the lust of Bangalore.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 11:44   #978
BHPian

I would like to bring first bad experience with Momoe on NICE road. I daily take NICE road commute between Bannergatta Road to EC, toll is 33 one way.

Monday while returning I got ticket in EC toll, as usually I proceeded further, only yesterday i realized that instead of getting ticket to car I got it for LCV, though destination is same, so amount Rs. 35 was deducted. Since I didn't realized this at toll booth I can't ask refund. It might be a mistake from attended.

Anyway lesson learnt, check receipt twice before leaving toll booth. Just heads up Momoe users on NICE road here. Do check receipt before you drive away.
RaguHolla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 11:56   #979
Senior - BHPian

Since people are talking about Maglev etc everywhere in India, wouldn't these cities benefit if connected through even lesser speed (about 200 kmph) trains ?

But then think about the bad things that could happen to Mysuru if the travelling time reduces. I hope Mysuru doesn't Industrialize or commercialize like what happened here. Let it remain the way it is. The road/train should improve only for the vacation traffic
Old 8th February 2017, 12:01   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
check receipt twice before leaving toll booth. Just heads up Momoe users on NICE road here. Do check receipt before you drive away.
So far, the SMS notification has been almost instant that the moment I am given the receipt, I have a text message on screen.

So to me, just reading this message content from the notification bar has helped to ascertain as to whether the right amount was deducted or not (I am OK to see numerals 115 in that message) and proceed. I fix my phone on the quarter panel glass mounted holder and its easy to make a quick glance before I slot into 1st and move.

But yes, with this episode, it is good to check the receipt once.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 20:28   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The press paints a far bleaker picture than what you portray; see for example:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/56479486.cms
Yes, that was the status a month ago, when they cancelled the tender.
Just today, the minister answered a question in the assembly:
Expressway work to start in May (2017)

But we have been here before:
Work to start in December (2016)
Work to start in August (2016)

So, short term deadlines are given to be broken and should not be taken too seriously.
OTOH, if we look at NICE, the Bangalore Mysore corridor was proposed in 1995. 22 years later, practically nothing has happened, apart from the ring road, and the acquired land is sitting idle, with no clear actions being taken towards completion.

In the same time interval, the SH17/NH275 went from curvy 2 lane -> wide 2 lane -> 4 lane -> clogged 4 lane -> proposed 6 lane (with land acquisition almost complete).

What makes the NH275 an optimistic bet, is that there hasn't been a legal hurdle so far, compared to NICE, which is likely to take another generation to come out of the legal issues.
perty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:41   #982
BHPian

Rant! Again!

Whoever designed NICE road entry from PESIT to EC side must be charged for attempted murder!

We were returning to Bangalore on Monday, about night 8:35 we were near PESIT entry, An Ambulance entering NICE Road , came so fast that he couldn't control himself. He was sure of jumping into ditch and on onto other side, so he breaks hard, stops right middle of both lanes, perpendicular to on coming traffic. And his brain freezes!

Now there were two trucks, both on right most lanes, doing speed at 40kmph. The nearest truck was just 10ft away from Ambulance, applies all brakes stops after tilting barley inches from Ambulance.

The second truck is 15ft away from first truck, but with little more speed (+10kmph may be), reacts little late, swerve left, stops perpendicular to road, closing even parking exit.

Now me ~50ft away on left lane doing 80kmph, seeing all these break heavily, there is no chance of swerve either side (because of all lanes blocked by vehicle).

Must be my lucky day vehicle stops in straight lane.Thanks fully there were no other vehicle within 200+ft. Otherwise we would have ended up in accident thread for no fault of ours!

It may that Ambulance driver is totally nuts to drive like that, but I find that there is not enough "curve" for vehicle to merge into traffic.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 22:35   #983
BHPian

Hi gentlemen. Turns out, my daily route will now involve E-City to PESIT exit and return.

My question is, is there any monthly/yearly pass available that I could take? Because it'll be expensive to buy toll tickets everyday.

Thanks!
Old 10th March 2017, 07:44   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post

My question is, is there any monthly/yearly pass available that I could take? Because it'll be expensive to buy toll tickets everyday.

Thanks!
Unfortunately no. Most of us here use NICE on daily basis and maximum folks from Kanakpura and Link Road (PESIT) side.

You will soon begin to realise that this is the fastest way to reach your workplace or home. In fact, try taking the city route every alternate day and compare that to the timings with NICE and you will become a victim to this "nice job" .

Almost all company buses destined for Vijayanagar, BSK, Yeshwantpur etc are also taking NICE.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 20:01   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Took the NICE Road end to end a couple of weeks back after a bit of a gap. Good to see that it has got a good coat of tar and the road is very smooth now. Even though the road as such was good earlier, always felt that it was not very smooth and was a little uneven. Feels good to drive on now.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 10:09   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Took the NICE Road end to end a couple of weeks back after a bit of a gap. Good to see that it has got a good coat of tar and the road is very smooth now. Even though the road as such was good earlier, always felt that it was not very smooth and was a little uneven. Feels good to drive on now.
You must wait for few more months and it will be back to its usual (horrible) glory.

They have asphalted the complete stretch end to end in phases (total corridor) which is now complete but the quality of the layer is far from acceptable even by basic standards.

Already few places (opposite to Puravankara between BG Road and Kanakpura Road) was wiped off within a week and they asphalted again.

Few sections mostly on Tumkur Rd - Hosur road Corridor had gone bad too soon after repairs/renovation and was again relaid.

The only good thing about the new layer - It's brilliantly smooth and noiseless and perhaps have very less rolling resistance against tires that even trucks easily do 100 kmph on certain stretches now.

On the negative side, the layer is wafer thin and will witness one heavy rain and show its true colors (it already did in few places that I mentioned).

When it comes to road engineering , NICE fares poorest not just with markings but also road quality.

The biggest irk of NICE Road - Water puddles on the road in many places which has been extremely dangerous in rains. Their design of drainage type median has been of little help here due to the bad surface of the road itself as water accumulates during rain over the undulations caused by the path of heavy vehicles.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th March 2017 at 10:15.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 07:39   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Caution:
Half way from Bannerghatta road towards Hosur road, there is a speed breaker kind of bump(its a real bad one) on the left lane, this is immediately after a patch work on the newly laid stretch. So, be careful while crossing this section. Hope they remove it soon.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 14:35   #988
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

When returning from Mysore on Sunday evening, we took NICE Road from Mysore Road to Hosur Road to escape slow moving traffic, would have been crazy to try going straight through the city.
A lot of new tarmac on this stretch but the problems were poor lighting and lack of lane markings
Probably the lane markings will be done soon but I was surprised at the lack of lighting, managed due to lower density of vehicles and keeping to top speed of 80kmph.
Old 9th May 2017, 12:24   #989
Senior - BHPian

Coming in from Chennai, where do I cut off to get on the NICE road for going to Mysore? Will it be after the BETL flyover toll? Should I continue for sometime without getting on to the flyover and take a left based on signage?
Old 9th May 2017, 13:05   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Coming in from Chennai, where do I cut off to get on the NICE road for going to Mysore? Will it be after the BETL flyover toll? Should I continue for sometime without getting on to the flyover and take a left based on signage?

Don't get onto the elevated. Continue on the main highway past the elevated toll( this you will pass as the road for the toll will fork left ) . 500mtrs after you pass this toll , you will get a signal , at the signal take the left onto the service road and you will hit the Nice road. Good signage at that point.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks