Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 09:44   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
you can simply state I will take ticket at exit and move on. They don't insist to pay in cash. It is rarely not working at exit.
This works as I have heard. Pay at the exit if Momoe doesnt work at the entry toll. But today he was asked to pay cash!!

Quote:
because usually this line is already slow due to trucks!
and not to forget, truckers have a lot of patience compared to techies !
Old 8th December 2016, 09:57   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And it happened again - Momoe is not working at Bannerghatta Road entry. I just spoke to a colleague and was told that he had to pay cash.
Sandsun7 - Please confirm if it worked for you today.
It did not work today morning at PES entry gate. The toll keeper told us to pay at exit using momoe. At the kanakapura exit, the keeper said there is no provision for Momoe payment there as the gate is not connected online. He requested us to pay whatever change we had. Ended up giving him Rs. 20. No receipt was given.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 10:05   #948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
It did not work today morning at PES entry gate. The toll keeper told us to pay at exit using momoe. At the kanakapura exit, the keeper said there is no provision for Momoe payment there as the gate is not connected online. He requested us to pay whatever change we had. Ended up giving him Rs. 20. No receipt was given.
Seems like something is seriously wrong then and it's end of Momoe party?

I have written on their FB wall and as well sent an email. Let me see if they respond.

Even on the App now, if you select NICE road, you get this error:

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-screenshot_20161208100101.png

EDIT: Just spoke to another colleague who said it didn't work at PESIT and he was asked to pay at Hosur Road and Momoe worked for him there. He also paid up through Momoe on yesterday during his return from Hosur Road.

So seems like the issue is with specific gates only!

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th December 2016 at 10:11.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 11:08   #949
Senior - BHPian

Its not working at Banerghata entry from Yesterday and option to pay at exit is not given. For me it looks like a plot to upset this
Old 8th December 2016, 11:33   #950
Senior - BHPian

I used MOMOE on Monday at Bannerghatta Road without any hassles, in fact it is very convenient now to travel on NICE Road. I have also seen that computers used at toll booths retains a memory of the vehicle number and model, so once you ask for a ticket, the operator just confirms the vehicle registration number and that’s it.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 12:01   #951
Senior - BHPian

I am a Momoe user for more than 6 months and has faced issues only twice earlier and that too they reqeusted to pay at ECity exit, this was because of some technical snag at Banerghata entrance. Issue this time doesn't look technical and there is no option given to pay at exit. I tried chatting through Momoe app with no luck. I have also tweeted at @MomoeApp but is yet to hear back, it may help if other Momoe users also try tweeting as a pressure tactics
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 15:33   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I tried chatting through Momoe app with no luck.
Quote:
Spoke to Momoe customer support using app support. They acknowledge there is an issue and will be sorted out EOD. Issues is also with NICE Road not getting showed in Momoe app.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 15:47   #953

Parag,

I found out the issue on this search query. If you search "NICE Road" it says something wrong, however if you just type "NICE" and press search, it lists and opens up NICE road once listed on screen.

As I was mentioning to you today in office, I did not face any issue yesterday while entering through Hosur Road and today while entering from PES as well. Momoe is working well. However i keep the app open with NICE road opened up in the list. As you mentioned, this is not needed but I just keep it open just in case :-P

One more particular occurrence only on NICE road. The mega jams while entering from Hosur Road are common after 5 pm. However the pattern on how fast you reach the toll plaza depends on the time. I have observed that from 5-7 pm, when traffic is at its peak - you can still reach the toll booth in 15 mins at max. This is because though the traffic volume is heavy on entering the road, it suddenly gets organized into queues about 100 meters before the plaza - this is partially because there are barricades placed in between queues and NICE staff try to regulate the queues.

After 7 though, all hell breaks loose. There is no one to regulate the traffic into queues and its a free for all. If you respectfully stand in a queue, it would take atleast 25 mins to reach the toll booth as unruly cabbies and canter- type vehicles keep cutting into each queue just before the stone separators start near the toll plaza. These cabbies "butt their noses" in literally meaning squeeze a small portion of the vehicle into the lane at the start of the separator to make sure a big truck cannot move ahead. One of them cuts in, and a queue of atleast 10 more follow. The big trucks keep waiting and it's a never ending and annoying wait for those wait in line behind!

Quote:

Last edited by ampere : 12th December 2016 at 14:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
love_speed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 16:17   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to Momoe customer support using app support. They acknowledge there is an issue and will be sorted out EOD. Issues is also with NICE Road not getting showed in Momoe app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_speed View Post
Parag,

I found out the issue on this search query. If you search "NICE Road" it says something wrong, however if you just type "NICE" and press search, it lists and opens up NICE road once listed on screen.
!
Good to know the issue will be fixed soon. I never got a response on the Application chat window or on Tweeter, that has reduced my trust on Momoe service and may think twice before recharging next time.

That was a good crack on the App search feature, it is working with Nice alone as the search phrase.
Old 9th December 2016, 11:55   #955
Senior - BHPian

Momoe worked in Banerghata Nice gate today. But I am concerned about Momoe customer support, they never bothered to reply on chat and Tweeter. I have only decided to keep the minimum amount in Momoe account in future.
Old 9th December 2016, 12:14   #956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Momoe worked in Banerghata Nice gate today. But I am concerned about Momoe customer support, they never bothered to reply on chat and Tweeter. I have only decided to keep the minimum amount in Momoe account in future.
It worked for me too on my return (Hosur Road) on yesterday.

And yes, I am a little surprised at the way Momoe has been irresponsible to even send any acknowledgement mail or response to grievances.

There is no response to my FB Post or an email that I sent them o yesterday and even I will prefer topping up for 500 on need basis and use it.
Old 12th December 2016, 11:07   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Even I will prefer topping up for 500 on need basis and use it.
I only top up Rs.330 equivalent of 5 days to-fro ticket from Bannerghatta to EC. Started this after getting not so confidence answer from Momoe person regarding how they can prevent possible nexus between toll operator and another vehicle (Or how if these kind issue will be dealt). This way I stand to lose about 1 week ticket amount, assuming if toll operator can clean-up and account!
RaguHolla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 13:56   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only top up Rs.330 equivalent of 5 days to-fro ticket from Bannerghatta to EC. Started this after getting not so confidence answer from Momoe person regarding how they can prevent possible nexus between toll operator and another vehicle (Or how if these kind issue will be dealt). This way I stand to lose about 1 week ticket amount, assuming if toll operator can clean-up and account!
Same here, topped up to Rs 330 to last for a week. These days I have started avoiding NICE in the evenings due to long queues at Hosur road entrance, so 330 may even last for 2 weeks.

BTW Momoe worked at Kanakpura and Mysore entrance during the weekend.
Old 13th December 2016, 12:43   #959
Distinguished - BHPian

One spell of rain and the newly tarred stretch from Bannerghata road to ECity and Kanakapura road to Mysore road have developed puddle holes. In a few stretches a large area of the new tar has almost vanished and the gravel is spread all over the road. Just after the the toll exit at ecity, the tar which was laid a week ago has gone! And on top of this the 120 km/hr speed limit is a joke with such condition of the roads

Wonder what kind of civil engineers do the work which cannot even sustain light showers! Pains to pay such high toll for such poor roads. NICE is literally milking the commuters since they know people will anyway use it since there are no alternatives.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 13:01   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
One spell of rain and the newly tarred stretch from Bannerghata road to ECity and Kanakapura road to Mysore road have developed puddle holes. In a few stretches a large area of the new tar has almost vanished and the gravel is spread all over the road. Just after the the toll exit at ecity, the tar which was laid a week ago has gone! And on top of this the 120 km/hr speed limit is a joke with such condition of the roads
Absolutely. I noticed that today and these potholes are more towards EC than Tumkur Road corridor.

During rains, the sections will hold water and out of no where you will suddenly feel the resistance of water on a normal road.

The worst part is that the lane markers and the freshness of paint is still intact while the road has developed potholes and at places washed away too.

And that speed limit of 120 as you say is certainly a joke - So much so that you are only 1 KM before reaching the PESIT Exit and you will notice a signage that says 120 KMPH .

Anyway, we all know since a decade now that when it comes to road quality, you can refer NICE was one of the worst.

Quote:
. NICE is literally milking the commuters since they know people will anyway use it since there are no alternatives.
Very true. Despite of all the rants - Right from road surface to Heavy toll to management of tolls, I am now a regular user from occasional user only because it is a wonderful time saver by all means. At least for me, when the distance is 49 kms and even in peak hours all take is 1 Hour to 1H15M max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks