Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 13:45   #961
Senior - BHPian

The speed limit of 120 was deliberately put up by the Nice Management after taking the govt approval( I presume). The reason for this is our Bangalore traffic police had started to fine people using the Nice road for speeds above 80 Kmph. This I remember was done for 2 weeks sometime late last year. A couple of friends were caught for speeding on the Nice road. Once this was done the traffic cops have stayed away from Nice.
Old 13th December 2016, 15:42   #962
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Started using Momoe a couple of weeks ago. Topped up twice with small amounts after reading about the deductions and such. Things were smooth for a week.

However, last week when I tried to load the wallet with money, the money was deducted from my account, but the wallet recharge failed. Tried a second time the next day and this time, money wasn't deducted from the account and the recharge failed. It provides a "Retry" option, but fails over and over again. Lost 460 bucks on it. Could not get through to their CC number and they never responded on the chat.

Anyone faced this issue? Any other way to recharge the wallet more securely without losing my money? Help
Old 13th December 2016, 15:45   #963
Team-BHP Support

Just Curios: Is Fastag enabled for NICE ? Dont remember seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No Amp. It certainly is not. But they have options to pay via e-wallet - MOMOE and I have been using that along with others.
Thanks Parag. Would have been great to have one lane on Fastag. But looks like since its on private collection still, they may not want to go that route yet. But wont at some point in time it would get transferred to some govt body? (Sorry if I missed some thing. Not sure about these details)

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 15:56.
Old 13th December 2016, 15:51   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just Curios: Is Fastag enabled for NICE ? Dont remember seeing it.
No Amp. It certainly is not. But they have options to pay via e-wallet - MOMOE and I have been using that along with others.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:04   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag. Would have been great to have one lane on Fastag. But looks like since its on private collection still, they may not want to go that route yet.
You have answered it already.

However, the biggest worry for me is the NICE Road entry itself than any other toll booths. The maximum clogging happens right here at peak hours - A Major entry point for Trucks and an easy escape route for Private traffic from EC/Hosur Road. The amount of Tech Company buses that you see here from 0430PM till 0730PM is just humongous.

My apprehension lies with the fact that this whole toll booth at EC is very badly managed - You try join a lane spotting its tail and by the time you are 10 cars away from the toll booth, you realise that you are actually an additional (and wrong) lane and you need to sneak into either of the lanes on both sides to pass through the booth - So embarrassing that is. I have hence made it a habit that if its crowded, I stick to the extreme right even if the left most is the one that moves fastest.

I can only dream of a dedicated lane here with the amount of chaos that is a daily affair here. But yes, for other entry points to NICE, it will really work.

Quote:
But wont at some point in time it would get transferred to some govt body? (Sorry if I missed some thing. Not sure about these details)
Not sure about that but another example of the road managed by the same consortium is the Hubli Dharwad Bypass. It continues to remain the only single carriageway section on this highway, 30 kms long, and you pay 61 INR for one way journey, no Day pass or return journey option - This, since a decade now.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:28   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But wont at some point in time it would get transferred to some govt body?
Ideally yes. Similar BOLT / BOOT highway projects have a timeframe of 30 years. However, the norm is that they come up with some changes during the course of toll duration and extend the contract.

Due to exponential increase in vehicle count, they would have recovered the cost and planned returns which they thought of getting in 30 years in half the time for sure.

One similar example is Mumbai - Pune expressway. Link here

As per governments own report regarding Pune expressway, toll collected till now is more than twice the expenditure. However, due to planned expansion toll collection is now extended to 2035 from the earlier planned 2019.

I am not sure when toll period of NICE is expiring, however you can be sure that something similar will turn up.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 21:07   #967
BHPian

So I could get through to the CC over the phone a couple of days ago and they assured me that I'll get a refund to my account. The executive suggested me to use Netbanking over Card, as the Netbanking option has a 100% success rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Started using Momoe a couple of weeks ago.
Help

On a similar note, saw a PayTM and a Card Payment sticker with a "Coming Soon" note on it. Asked the toll operator about it and he mentioned that it is going to be available soon. Hopefully it will be done with good planning, and they'll have a separate lane for it with other "Cash Payment" vehicles not entering that lane causing arguments and delays.
Old 17th December 2016, 07:35   #968
Senior - BHPian

I too saw a "paytm" coming soon poster yesterday at BG Road. There will be a good news soon for users who have been cheated by NICE from 6 years.
The GOK has not approved the toll fare revision due to an ongoing investigation about land acquisition by KIADB and illegal activities of NICE company in the whole project. Our Law Minister has spoken about the irregularities in NICE project in an interview to ETV Kannada news channel.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th December 2016 at 07:48.
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:09   #969
BHPian

NICE road now accepts debit/credit card. I checked at both Bannergatta and EC tollbooth, both told me swipe machines are operational. If anyone have any experience, please update this thread. May be then we can stop Momoe. I still think Momoe is hassle free.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:20   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
NICE road now accepts debit/credit card. I checked at both Bannergatta and EC tollbooth, both told me swipe machines are operational. If anyone have any experience, please update this thread. May be then we can stop Momoe. I still think Momoe is hassle free.
Saw this yesterday on my return trip. They haven't prominently pasted this except the booth windows that you will see only when your car is next to the operator.

Most of them were not aware of this am sure.

I shall continue to use Momoe as it has been totally hassle free till now. Easily more than 30+ transactions post Nov 8 and not even a single day of failure to me.
Old 17th January 2017, 12:53   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Easily more than 30+ transactions post Nov 8 and not even a single day of failure to me.
I use Momoe as well since I started commuting by car from Jan 4th (Was taking Company Transport earlier). I have faced an issue only once. Yesterday morning at the BG toll, I had to scramble for cash as the operator said Momoe was not working.
vvnagan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:57   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvnagan View Post
I use Momoe as well since I started commuting by car from Jan 4th (Was taking Company Transport earlier). I have faced an issue only once. Yesterday morning at the BG toll, I had to scramble for cash as the operator said Momoe was not working.
In which case you can always say that you will buy the toll at exit and continue towards your exit and pay toll there either by cash or momoe. I have done this multiple times with success

@parag - Swiping cards is very time consuming and has tested my patience whenever the car/bike ahead of me chose to pay by card. Takes more than a minute always! Best is Momoe, followed by cash , followed by PayTM/Card.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th January 2017 at 14:59.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 16:58   #973
Senior - BHPian

There is some big time construction that has started on NICE near the Electronic City Entry before the toll booths. Excavators and trucks are at work on both side of the road, are they planning to build some additional toll booths (doesn't look like that) or an exit that leads directly to ECity (high hopes)
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 18:46   #974
BHPian

Does anyone know the actual status of NICE road? (I mean the real highway between Bangalore and Mysore?) I tried looking up to the news. As far as I remember, the supreme court voted in favour of NICE.
Old 7th February 2017, 22:05   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Does anyone know the actual status of NICE road? (I mean the real highway between Bangalore and Mysore?) I tried looking up to the news. As far as I remember, the supreme court voted in favour of NICE.
Land acquisition is not complete for the entire stretch, inspite of SC ruling in favor of NICE. Now there is also a demand that since the land has been unused for so many years, it should be returned back to the original owners.

Personally, I do not think the Bangalore-Mysore NICE road will see the light of day.
The construction of the actual NICE road has not proceeded beyond the Sompura interchange, on the proposed Bangalore-Mysore alignment.
NICE is happy with the toll being collected on the ring road, why bother with again investing a huge amount and fighting all the legal battles when the existing Bangalore Mysore NH275 is going to be 6 laned and will offer a lower toll alternative to commuters.
The 6 laning of the NH275 is far ahead with respect to land acquisition and actual work on the ground and is more likely to become a reality within the next 2 to 3 years (optimistically)
perty is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks