Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 10:15   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My fear is that some scamster toll operator may simply deduct the amount even though I didn't pass through the gate. That will leave us to fight it out later with these nice people
I had the same feeling with Momoes. In fact quite a few times we colleagues used to give our own vehicle numbers even though we were in other cars so payment was cashless and the operator would be happy to do that.

I did that once when I took a Cab from Meenakshi Mall to my home and then kept the receipt to myself because I didn't want the cabbie to know my car's number.

Overall, these guys still think they have given us something really brilliant with this epay when they would have always given us electronic tags to make it totally flawless like it exists elsewhere.

Anyway, am yet to eve recharge my account as I have only successfully registered. Thing is that my commute to work has drastically reduced to nearly once a week and I have hence reduced cribbing or complaining because I will pass this booth just once a week and that too in one direction.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 01:53   #1067
BHPian

I finally managed to send out the filled-in form last week and got a response within 24 hours.

I charged my account at PES college with 2000 bucks was immediately notified of the credit.

The process of reading the number and issuing the ticket takes longer than just paying and zipping away. In this era of BlueTooth LE this is really
Old 13th March 2018, 13:16   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Today Morning the epay system wasn't working and I had to pay cash. Not nice at all. This was at around 7:30AM
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 13:33   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today Morning the epay system wasn't working and I had to pay cash. Not nice at all. This was at around 7:30AM
Honestly Hemant, we know how nice is NICE isn't it ?

Most of the regular commuters who take this road paying huge toll realise what they can expect from a consortium like NECE who at this point don't even have a functional website that always kept showing a banner with "Our Website will be here soon" and when they knew that they are about to launch this half baked project like epay, they just tweak the site by adding a URL for registration!

I see here that the failure rate of ePay has been more than anyone reporting such a failure with the deceased (Momoes). Not that I was a great fan of that App but I used that solely for NICE and it served fantastically well for almost a year.

And what was with lanes with height and width barriers that NICE constructed at EC Exit as well as PESIT booths? Then the news was that some automated system was getting installed and we know what they really meant when they launched this ePay.
Old 13th March 2018, 13:53   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our transaction went through properly at PESIT booth at around 8.30AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I see here that the failure rate of ePay has been more than anyone reporting such a failure with the deceased (Momoes). Not that I was a great fan of that App but I used that solely for NICE and it served fantastically well for almost a year.
Very true. we have come across at least 5 - 6 failed instances in the past month since we started using epay. In contrast, momoe had worked 99% of the times with a rare failure here or there in the many months we used.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:21   #1071
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,

The website for the registration has changed. The new link is:

http://nicelimited.com/epay/register.aspx

I guess the registration process is the same.

Thanks
Ram
ramgkulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 16:26   #1072
Senior - BHPian

NICE commuters towards Ecity are in trouble from 7th May, the service road towards Ecity is completely blocked now for the Metro work. Your options are to exit towards Bangalore and make a U turn at Hosa road junction OR exit towards Hosur and take the over bridge to ECity or make a U turn near Stanleys outlet. It costed me additional 40 mts in the morning with both Hosa road and Hosur options.

I am sure the work is going to take time, but hoping this will stabilize in few days and it will get better.
Old 8th May 2018, 16:32   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
the service road towards Ecity is completely blocked now for the Metro work. Your options are to exit towards Bangalore and make a U turn at Hosa road junction OR exit towards Hosur and take the over bridge to ECity or make a U turn near Stanleys outlet. It costed me additional 40 mts in the morning with both Hosa road and Hosur options.
Yesterday i.e 7th May i took the hosa road U turn option completely unaware of the service road being closed for metro work and it took me 40 min. longer commute to reach office.
Today i exited towards Hosur Road side (instead of taking left exit of Hosur Road NICE) and i lost only 10 min than the usual commute to reach VTP at EC1
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 17:18   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Yesterday i.e 7th May i took the hosa road U turn option completely unaware of the service road being closed for metro work and it took me 40 min. longer commute to reach office.
Today i exited towards Hosur Road side (instead of taking left exit of Hosur Road NICE) and i lost only 10 min than the usual commute to reach VTP at EC1
Thanks for that update. I took Hosur side on 7th May, but missed the over-bridge and wasted 40 mts taking the U turn on Hosur road.

Google maps was showing Hosur side as 10 mts extra today morning , I trusted Google and excited towards Bangalore which was shown as the fastest, but it was yet to recognize the service road closure. I was forced to drive to Hosa road junction and that was 40 mts again

I am planning to try Hosur road and over-bridge to get on Ecity tomorrow. If that doesn't help, will have to look at getting on to Neeladiri road from Benarghata road.

I have tweeted this to @ecitytrafficps, not sure if that will bring any change though
Old 17th May 2018, 09:45   #1075
BHPian

Today, I got an e-mail with the password to access my account @ http://www.nicelimited.com/. The website has your basic profile, change password option, add vehicle option and has the list of vehicles already enrolled. It also gives you an option to get the usage summary.

Landing Page:
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-landing-page.png

Profile:
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-profile.png

Report:
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-report.png
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 09:50   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The website has your basic profile, change password option, add vehicle option and has the list of vehicles already enrolled. It also gives you an option to get the usage....
Sorry if I missed any earlier report on this website and the added features but you still have to pay at the booth counter to recharge your balance ? If so, needless to say NICE/NECE is still living in stone age!
Old 17th May 2018, 10:14   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if I missed any earlier report on this website and the added features but you still have to pay at the booth counter to recharge your balance ? If so, needless to say NICE/NECE is still living in stone age!
Parag, that was the first thing I checked and as expected, there is still no option for online recharge. They still have the "take it or leave it" attitude. I sincerely hope that this is the first step towards adding that option
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 11:14   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Parag, that was the first thing I checked and as expected, there is still no option for online recharge. They still have the "take it or leave it" attitude. I sincerely hope that this is the first step towards adding that option
In the FAQ section of that page they have mentioned that online recharge will be introduced shortly. Hopefully it comes real soon.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-capture.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 11:37   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the FAQ section of that page they have mentioned that online recharge will be introduced shortly. Hopefully it comes real soon.
Thanks Hemant. So here again, we are waiting with bated breath, for them to come out with something really phenomenal like we all did when they launched e-pay .

The way we have seen them function all these years, you never know If they set up a KIOSK at the booth with a touchscreen, with a currency reader and a card scanner where users will stand in queue and recharge their wallet either by card or cash!

For NICE it will still be ONLINE recharge while for rest of us it will be IN-LINE .
Old 17th May 2018, 11:38   #1080
BHPian

Has anyone recharged ePay recently? Usually I do recharge for 1 week amount, for BG road to EC it is Rs. 400. Today I have been told that, Recharge amount can only be multiples of Rs. 500. Have anyone else also has this experience?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks