Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 16:42   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I visited their registration website
This registration form was not live online when I registered. There was the link to the pdf form which we had to download, fill in pen and email a scanned copy or hand over to the toll booth officials. Makes the process a bit more easier now.

Quote:
The worst part - Till they make loading money hassle free (Online), I will still have to scout for cash or visit an ATM before I visit the booth every time I am updating my wallet balance .
Why don't you recharge using your credit/debit card? This Facility is available at all toll booths. I have done my recharges through credit card.
The only thing you have to bear would be the horn blaring from the people behind you in Q, because of the delay
Old 6th March 2018, 16:47   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Why don't you recharge using your credit/debit card? This Facility is available at all toll booths. I have done my recharges through credit card.
I remember cards were accepted ever since the demonitization days had ensured chaos due to non availability of cash. I have seen quite a few people use that too. I have one colleague who pays by card every day even today.

It is exactly this (below) that I'm usually not comfortable with.
Quote:
The only thing you have to bear would be the horn blaring from the people behind you in Q, because of the delay
Hoping that they at least bring up online recharge soon. This is just half-baked effort. Momoe was so convenient & simple to use, sadly the wallet itself had to shelve its business.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 19:11   #1053
BHPian

Quote:

Filled the form with all the details:

Attachment 1738590

And I got an email in 24 hours that my vehicle is registered along with the code:

Attachment 1738591

All that I need to do now is visit the toll booth, pay my preferred advance and start using ePay.
Thanks a ton for step by step instructions. I followed it the moment i saw your post today and within 1 hour i got an email as well as SMS confirmation that my vehicle number is now registered with epay.

Previous method of me filling the form and emailing them never gave me response and i was waiting endlessly to hear from them.

Tomorrow I will have to recharge my epay account. Some relief, Pheww
lazybrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 10:17   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Filled the form with all the details:
Thanks a ton Parag. Registered at the site yesterday and just now, got an e-mail and sms confirming that both my vehicles are registered. There is also a clear message in the e-mail, telling that if you have registered multiple vehicles, only one will be mentioned in the sms.
Seems like scanning and sending the application does not work. Now, I need to recharge it at the toll booth.
Question to people who are already using it - Is the wallet balance shown in the sms that we get after every transaction?
Old 8th March 2018, 10:44   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Question to people who are already using it - Is the wallet balance shown in the sms that we get after every transaction?
Yes, the SMS after every transaction shows your wallet balance.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 21:06   #1056
BHPian

Guys though i recharged my ePay wallet today morning and I also got SMS confirmation about successful recharge i was unable to use my wallet today morning and evening (system is not recognising my wallet in toll booth). Toll operator after he swiped my credit card also told me in the morning itself that i can use my wallet for transaction only tomorrow morning. Did anyone face the same issue?
Old 9th March 2018, 08:49   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Each SMS do contains balance. In addition, I received additional SMS stating balance is low please recharge. I am not sure the limit for which you start getting the reminder messages. I received reminder message for every transaction(as I charged only Rs.160)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Toll operator after he swiped my credit card also told me in the morning itself that i can use my wallet for transaction only tomorrow morning. Did anyone face the same issue?
No such issue with me, I charged epay in morning, used it immediately.
Old 11th March 2018, 13:33   #1058
BHPian

Wondering why NICE has not FASTag lanes implemented yet. I am sure a higher than average cars using NICE will have FASTags installed. Can make life so much easier for users.
Old 11th March 2018, 18:07   #1059
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
Wondering why NICE has not FASTag lanes implemented yet. I am sure a higher than average cars using NICE will have FASTags installed. Can make life so much easier for users.
Fastag has been implemented only on highways under the jurisdiction of NHAI. NICE is a private entity and does not come under NHAI and hence no Fastag support.
I think the only notable exception is the Mumbai-Pune expressway where Fastag does work, but the toll charges are not eligible for the discount (via cashback).
Old 11th March 2018, 19:23   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag is not implemented on NH - Hubli - Dharwad byepass section managed by the same firm as NICE. This is the only non Fastag toll booth in entire Bangalore - Mumbai section.

So for them to implement Fastag in NICE, though it will be extremely useful, is wishful thinking.
Old 11th March 2018, 21:25   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
No such issue with me, I charged epay in morning, used it immediately.
Its now started working for me. Their system was not recognising because when registering my vehicle number they made entry as KAO1 instead of KA01.

When after 1 day of recharging my account it was still not working, i parked my car near the toll booth and met BG road toll booth incharge. Kudos he got this rectified and called me in few hours to update the problem got solved
Old 12th March 2018, 08:53   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

On Wednesday, I had applied online for epay in the link mentioned in this thread. This is after the email that I had sent with the application form got no response. On Thursday, I got an SMS that I was registered.
On Friday, I went out of town and used the NICE road. Tried recharging at the entry point (Kanakapura Road) he initially told that e-pay recharge with card not possible in Kanakapura gate and only cash is accepted. I told OK and he called someone. He then told me to do it at the exit at Tumkur Road. They were plain Lazy.
At Tumkur Road, he tried recharging and it didn't work. I gave him cash and went.
Sunday evening When I returned back, I tried recharging at Tumkur Road Entry, He told there is heavy traffic behind and asked me to do it at the exit. At the Exit, same story repeated.

Today morning while on my way to office, I asked for the recharge and it worked without any issues. I got this receipt along with an SMS on successful recharge.
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-new-doc-20180312.jpg

After that I got the usual toll ticket and an SMS about the deduction and the remaining balance. Since it was the morning of a new week, the vehicles behind me didn't honk even once even though this thing took 5 minutes.

Now my question is that there was a passcode in the registration SMS. I do not know why and where is it used? Till now It's not been used anywhere in the transactions I've made.
Old 12th March 2018, 09:24   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Now my question is that there was a passcode in the registration SMS. I do not know why and where is it used? Till now It's not been used anywhere in the transactions I've made.
It's NICE and hence they thought it would be nice to have nicer features for users of NICE .

That code I thought was one to be used during recharge at the booth and then during every transaction while you use the road. Unfortunately, that gets used nowhere in reality as each of you have found out now. The operator just sees the vehicle number as you say epay and then issues a ticket.
Old 12th March 2018, 09:33   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning while on my way to office, I asked for the recharge and it worked without any issues. I got this receipt along with an SMS on successful recharge.
Same here. Recharged at Bannerghatta road entry today and got the SMS immediately and also the receipt. Used it then and there and for the usage also, the reception of SMS was instantaneous. I used cash for recharge.

Quote:
In the communication from NICE, they had mentioned that the passcode should be used while making changes to your account, like adding or deleting a vehicle etc.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 10:03   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the communication from NICE, they had mentioned that the passcode should be used while making changes to your account, like adding or deleting a vehicle etc.
I had not seen the Email communication. I only read the registration SMS. Now I went through the email communication. It says "Retain this Passcode for changing your mobile number or vehicle details. For new enrollments or addition/deletion of Vehicles kindly send a mail to the same Mail ID"

Quote:
That code I thought was one to be used during recharge at the booth and then during every transaction while you use the road. Unfortunately, that gets used nowhere in reality as each of you have found out now. The operator just sees the vehicle number as you say epay and then issues a ticket.
My fear is that some scamster toll operator may simply deduct the amount even though I didn't pass through the gate. That will leave us to fight it out later with these nice people

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks