Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 09:49   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is all news to me. I too recently got an LG Watch Sport which came with Android Pay pre-installed, but when I tried to install it on my phone Play Store told me that India is not supported yet for Android Pay. How exactly did you get it all to work?

Also among the list of banks (https://www.android.com/pay/participating-banks/) I couldn't find any Indian ones - though my card issuer - Citibank - is present. Which bank are you using with Android Pay?

If you are using NFC payments but not Android Pay, please let me know about that too. [Edit: Is Samsung Pay the app for NFC payments without going through Android Pay?]
Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay are all Contactless payment apps by Apple, Google and Samsung respectively. Jio, Visa and Mastercard also have similar apps AFAIK. It seems Samsung Pay is active in India since March last year. I purchased my phone in September and using it ever since. Apple Pay was supposed to start in India from December 2017 but I don't know if it has started. Android pay hasn't yet started in India. No Idea about others.
I have used SBI, ICICI & HDFC cards so far. Because Samsung Pay supports MST along with NFC, not just Credit & Debit cards but any other loyalty cards can also be added.

I however do not use it at NICE toll because cash payment is the fastest I've found out. Card payment (Contactess or otherwise) is slower in comparison.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:51   #1037
Senior - BHPian

received this mail from NICE a few minutes ago.

Dear Mr. Sandeep Suryan Welcome to NICE e-Pay. You are enrolled your Vehicle KAXXXXXX. You can now Recharge your Account at NICE Toll Booths. Your Passcode is : XXXX. Retain this Passcode for changing your mobile number or vehicle details. For new enrollments or addition/deletion of Vehicles kindly send a mail to the same Mail ID

Now will have to find out where to recharge and how to use the facility.
I had applied for 2 cars using the same form. One, my personal car and the other in which we carpool to work. The mail mentions only my personal car registration. Need to find out whether the other car can also use the same account.

Last edited by sandsun7 : 16th February 2018 at 11:54.
sandsun7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 08:48   #1038
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No off-topic posts please. Phone software can be discussed on the relevant thread (e.g. Android thread (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods)). Thanks!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 23:04   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
received this mail from NICE a few minutes ago.
I called the land phone number mentioned on application form yesterday and without even having patience to listen to my personal details they told wait for 2-3 working days. An email or SMS will be sent to you

By the way congrats at least some development for you
Old 19th February 2018, 17:07   #1040

Hi all,

There is no update at all from NICE even a week after mailing the E-Pay form. I am not going to bother calling them, based on the feedback I see here from others who tried.

The operators themselves are clueless on what the recharge mechanism will be - some say one has to top up at the exit counters while others say that upon receiving a confirmation SMS, you have to download an app and recharge - totally clueless they are! In the age of a million E-wallets and payment options, NICE with its behemoth volume of vehicles passing by, chooses to live in a stone-age era. Let us see what the so called E-Pay app can do, if and when I get a confirmation SMS/email!

Last edited by love_speed : 19th February 2018 at 17:12.
Old 26th February 2018, 10:51   #1041
Senior - BHPian

In response to my query on registration of more than one vehicle in the form, this is the response I got from NICE via email

If more than one Vehicle is sent for registration, in the mail and sms only one of the vehicle number is shared, instead all the vehicles are registered in the System.

I am planning to recharge and start using the e-pay today evening.
Old 27th February 2018, 10:42   #1042
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleague explained this to me today as he successfully used the system.

And I thought this whole e-toll thing promoted by NICE was some Digital initiative but it is merely a system where you pay advance amount that acts as a pool tagged against the vehicle number that you register using the form.

Each time you pass the booth, you need to tell the operator your vehicle number (or as before, he would read that from the display on the screen in front of him) and then allow you to pass and you will get an instant notification via SMS that XX Amount was deducted from your account for Vehicle Number ABCD.

Essentially, this is only a cashless or a pre-paid system with no hi-tech infrastructure or technology :
  • Submit form at the toll booth and register your vehicle
  • Get notified via SMS after registration
  • Pay up whatever advance amount (500/1000/1500 etc) at the booth
  • Get receipt as well as notification via SMS for this transaction
  • Pass the booth and tell your vehicle number and the amount is deducted from the advance you have paid (and you get an SMS too)

So no need to take pride and flaunt this with your colleague who travels by company bus because most of these buses use the same system since years now - Pay in advance, use the first lane and pass the booth

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th February 2018 at 10:45.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:55   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A colleague explained this to me today as he successfully used the system.
I have started using e-pay since yesterday evening. Basically, the system is exactly like Momoe but without an app. Recharge has to be made at any toll booths. If you have sufficient balance in your account, just announce to the operator that you are paying through e-pay, he will punch in your car number and print the receipt out. For the transaction I did yesterday evening, I got the SMS alert after a couple of hours. For the transaction I did today morning, I got the SMS instantly.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 14:03   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Basically, the system is exactly like Momoe but without an app.
Exactly what I meant.

But, is there a way to load money online? I guess no (or is there?)

Updating wallet balance was so easy that even 1 minute before departure, from office parking I have loaded cash into the wallet or at times from the queue as well whenever I realised I was running low.

With this, you are mostly going to visit the booth/plaza and carry out the transaction.

So much for all the posters and banners we saw expecting something really hi-tech. This one is not even sensible if you compare that to various other options like FASTag, Momoe, PayTM, OLA Money .
Old 27th February 2018, 15:16   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly what I meant.

But, is there a way to load money online? I guess no (or is there?)
Updating wallet balance was so easy that even 1 minute before departure, from office parking I have loaded cash into the wallet or at times from the queue as well whenever I realised I was running low
As of now, I don't think there is any other way other than through the toll booths. Yes, Momoe was extremely convenient that way. And you could always check balance through the app. I have also done many last minute wallet loading, couple of times while standing in the Q for toll, too.

Quote:
So much for all the posters and banners we saw expecting something really hi-tech. This one is not even sensible if you compare that to various other options like FASTag, Momoe, PayTM, OLA Money .
I would still take this. Something is better than nothing, isn't it.
Old 27th February 2018, 21:30   #1046
BHPian

Posting this on behalf of a friend

Quote:
So, ePay is basically a replacement for Momoe. Here's how you go about using it:

1) Grab the registration form from any toll booth
2) Fill it up and drop it off at any toll booth
3) Wait for the confirmation email and SMS. I got it after about 10 days
4) Top up your ePay account at any toll booth-it is associated with the mobile number you wrote on the registration form. I paid cash, forgot to ask if they accept cards (You'll get an SMS upon successful recharge)
5) When entering NICE Road, tell the toll attendant that you want to pay via ePay and mention which exit you want to take.

The attendant will look at your number plate via the CCTV feed and input it on his terminal

6) Collect the receipt (it mentions you paid via ePay) and drive away without having to count change/stash candy. (I didn't get an SMS upon deduction. Would be nice if it let me know the balance after every transaction)

I'd written both my car and bike details in the form, but only the car was added to my account. Have emailed them regarding the status of my bike, yet to hear back.

PS: Not all attendants are actually aware that ePay has started working or how to use it.
Old 27th February 2018, 21:36   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I paid cash, forgot to ask if they accept cards (You'll get an SMS upon successful recharge)

6) Collect the receipt (it mentions you paid via ePay) and drive away without having to count change/stash candy. (I didn't get an SMS upon deduction. Would be nice if it let me know the balance after every transaction)

I'd written both my car and bike details in the form, but only the car was added to my account. Have emailed them regarding the status of my bike, yet to hear back.
Cards are also accepted for recharge. I did a recharge of 1500 rs today by card.

For the very first transaction, SMS was delivered very late to my phone. Next transaction onward, SMS has started coming instantly.

If details of both vehicles were filled in the form, both would be registered, even though SMS alert for registration would show only one vehicle details. See my earlier post for confirmation of this.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 22:47   #1048
Senior - BHPian

I'm still thinking that MomoE was better. I'm not inclined to submit the form as yet. The thought in my head is - ' why should I park my money with NECE in advance ?' If they give a discount I'm thinking it may be worth it. Else I feel this isn't even saving me time at the booth. ( I normally keep the exact change >90% of times).
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 11:55   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I'm still thinking that MomoE was better. I'm not inclined to submit the form as yet. The thought in my head is - ' why should I park my money with NECE in advance ?' If they give a discount I'm thinking it may be worth it. Else I feel this isn't even saving me time at the booth. ( I normally keep the exact change >90% of times).
This is indeed what I liked too. Momoe was extremely useful and I don't recollect a day I paid in cash after I started using this wallet. It was convenient in every single aspect.

That said, it is a 3rd party App and why would NICE want to see a wallet have all the fun. So they came up with banner 'et al trying to say something better was coming up .

I know for sure that I too will take plunge and submit the form and register my car too because at the end of the day, traveling cashless is the key. But knowing NICE we know how primitive they are in terms of doing anything that is at par with current standards.
Old 6th March 2018, 15:27   #1050
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally registered (seems like) but I didn't have to submit any forms since I guess they have managed to realise that in this world of Internet where everything is online, you can't really have written forms for something as simple as this.

I visited their registration website

Filled the form with all the details:

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-epay_register.jpg

And I got an email in 24 hours that my vehicle is registered along with the code:

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-epay.jpg

All that I need to do now is visit the toll booth, pay my preferred advance and start using ePay.

The worst part - Till they make loading money hassle free (Online), I will still have to scout for cash or visit an ATM before I visit the booth every time I am updating my wallet balance .

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th March 2018 at 15:29.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks