Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 08:25   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Had been to NICE PES toll office yesterday morning to get an additional e-pay card. The official suggested not to get one as they are implementing fastag across all toll gates soon. He said they are expecting to implement by December 1st week.
It was the rumour since the day the renovation of tolls started. But I wasn't really sure. Now that the people at their office have told, it must be true.

Maintaining balance wasn't a problem but I had installed Jiomoney app just for recharging the NICE epay card (that's the only app where there is no additional charge for epay). I can uninstall that. Having fastag is just perfect.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 13:27   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It was the rumour since the day the renovation of tolls started. But I wasn't really sure. Now that the people at their office have told, it must be true.
Since last 2 months or so, They have been redesigning most of the toll booths in line with the general standards across NHAI tollgates. I did suspect then that they are going to have fastag readers soon.
Old 15th November 2019, 14:30   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Had been to NICE PES toll office yesterday morning to get an additional e-pay card. The official suggested not to get one as they are implementing fastag across all toll gates soon. He said they are expecting to implement by December 1st week.
This is truly a good move if they are going the FasTag way, will need to wait and watch.
Old 15th November 2019, 14:47   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish they introduce 2 way toll/ daily pass too.
Old 15th November 2019, 15:02   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I wish they introduce 2 way toll/ daily pass too.
If they get Fastag, I assume this will be done. I think it will become part of the National Highway and then like other highways return journey toll will be 50% of the onward journey. Hope I'm not disappointed!
Old 15th November 2019, 16:26   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If they get Fastag, I assume this will be done. I think it will become part of the National Highway and then like other highways return journey toll will be 50% of the onward journey. Hope I'm not disappointed!
No it won't. Remember Mumbai Pune expressway still charges single journey fare twice for a double trip even with Fastag. I am less hopeful that the greedy NICE too would allow that.

I have seen this for ring roads and expressway where there is no return journey option to buy your toll ticket. Of course, if Fastag comes to Hubli Dharwad toll also it will be same. Not sure how the arrangement is for Hyderabad ring road though which also has Fastag now.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 11:21   #1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Not sure how the arrangement is for Hyderabad ring road though which also has Fastag now.
In Hyderabad ORR, once you exit the whole one way toll is deducted but if you again enter the same day and get down on the same exit then half the amount is deducted this time.
Old 18th November 2019, 11:02   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmit409 View Post
In Hyderabad ORR, once you exit the whole one way toll is deducted but if you again enter the same day and get down on the same exit then half the amount is deducted this time.
Thank you for the confirmation. I also take that this is the same arrangement even if you were to pay cash and not specific to FASTag.

The point here is that introduction of FASTag on ORRs or Expressway or Private Roads haven't changed the charging system whatsoever.
Old 25th November 2019, 16:38   #1149
BHPian

How does Fastag handle different toll rates applicable for different routes/exits in NICE road? For example, the toll rate for Mysore road exit is different from the rate for Kanakapura road.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 25th November 2019 at 16:40.
Old 25th November 2019, 17:12   #1150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
How does Fastag handle different toll rates applicable for different routes/exits in NICE road? For example, the toll rate for Mysore road exit is different from the rate for Kanakapura road.
We can only confirm once Fastag is actually implemented on NECE road. But logically speaking, one entry scan and one exit scan is all that is needed to decide the amount to be deducted.
Other tolls on National have only one scan as it is one rate for one toll gate for a class of a vehicle.
Old 25th November 2019, 17:18   #1151
BHPian

NICE is a private company. I don't think they will implement Fastag across all their toll booths.
Old 25th November 2019, 17:28   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
We can only confirm once Fastag is actually implemented on NECE road. But logically speaking, one entry scan and one exit scan is all that is needed to decide the amount to be deducted.
Other tolls on National have only one scan as it is one rate for one toll gate for a class of a vehicle.
Yes, that's what I thought; but since this implementation is not straightforward compared to other NHAI toll booths, I am expecting some delays and initial hiccups during implementation of FASTag in NICE.
Old 25th November 2019, 17:31   #1153
Senior - BHPian

I really doubt if there is any plan to implement Fasttag in NICE since NICE is a private entity.

I remember they mentioning dedicated lane and Tap&Go facility while I was purchasing the Nice EPay, wondering if these changes are related to that implementation
Old 25th November 2019, 18:04   #1154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
NICE is a private company. I don't think they will implement Fastag across all their toll booths.
All other companies that constructed sections of the highways are private companies too. The land has been provided by the government, and hence logically the same rules should be applicable. But NICE remains an enigma.
Old 25th November 2019, 18:41   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
Spoke to a gentleman overseeing a NICE toll booth yesterday. He mentioned fasttag infra is being readied and will be running by Dec 1st.

Toll will be calculated and deducted at the exit gate
akhil_007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks